New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Match day atmosphere

We found that 84% of survey respondents who had attended one or more league games at the new stadium were satisfied with the atmosphere, with the figure rising to 98% for European games.

We asked, as we do every year, about attitudes to visual displays such as tifos and flags:
• 58% think they help lift the crowd
• 59% think they make the stadium look more interesting and less sterile
• 15% think they look artificial and contrived • 13% think they make no difference

When we asked how people felt about club orchestrated displays, using the To Dare Is To Do tifo displayed before our two home Champions League ties at the new stadium as an example, 88% said they approved and under 2% disapproved. Which means a significant number of those who thought visual displays did nothing when asked a general question approved when given a specific example.

We also asked about light shows before the game, and 66% of respondents said they approved – just 10% didn’t; while 55% approved of instruments, including a drum, being used at the ground, with 23% disapproving.

100% said that having two knobheads behind the goal waving massive flags whenever you score looks pathetic

Last edited:
Can I take the elevator up to The Dispensary, (I'm going in through gates 19-22), or do I need to walk up millions of flights of stairs?

Can I take the elevator up to The Dispensary, (I'm going in through gates 19-22), or do I need to walk up millions of flights of stairs?
I’ve managed to do it once, the security guy outside the lift said it was a lift for all. Tried it a couple of times since then and the security have said its for mobility impaired people only.
So it’s 8 or 9 flights of stairs.

I’ve managed to do it once, the security guy outside the lift said it was a lift for all. Tried it a couple of times since then and the security have said its for mobility impaired people only.
So it’s 8 or 9 flights of stairs.
Thanks. I'll have to do the fake limp again then, or bring my Mum's wheelchair.

At White Hart Lane today, all builders bar 2 or 3 have gone and they were there to move out of the South-East corner which now looks almost clear, no site offices remain. New bins all the way around the ground, no doubt Chris Colwin will send out a video explaining nowhere on earth has as much bin capacity as us. I went into the M Cafe, real let down as it's only the front section which seats about 10 people!!

White Hart Lane Station is progressing well but still a couple of months off I guess. Ticket barriers were going in but looked like a tone of work internally still to be done, but outside looking not far off.

I might try to get to the shop next week, as I have a ton of stuff to buy (2 babies and me!), and don't fancy doing the shop on a match day or lugging it around.
Doing the tour in a few weeks, will be interesting to see the areas that are not accessible to us in the cheap (!) seats.

Stairs it is then. I'll start off on Saturday evening.
Just seen this on the site, which explains why I got in once and not since ...

Use of lifts
Stewards may restrict access to lifts to ensure those on our Disability Access Scheme and those with mobility issues have priority. Access to lifts for all other fans will be at the discretion of our stewards should there be available capacity. We thank you for your co-operation with our stewards on this matter.

Just seen this on the site, which explains why I got in once and not since ...

Use of lifts
Stewards may restrict access to lifts to ensure those on our Disability Access Scheme and those with mobility issues have priority. Access to lifts for all other fans will be at the discretion of our stewards should there be available capacity. We thank you for your co-operation with our stewards on this matter.
So it's back to the fake limp then :)

I had my first visit to the new stadium yesterday.

It took three attempts to get in. The first try was due to us being fooled by the 1-10 sign with an arrow pointing NW not meaning 'go up the stairs', but actually meaning 'walk up the road to the other end of the stadium'! Secondly we made the mistake of finding 1-10 and then unknowingly getting in a short queue at 6 when we should have been going in at 7.

The bag check was a bit of a farce. I'd gotten one of the special stadium clear draw string bags, but had stuff inside a normal plastic carrier bag inside it. Nobody asked anything about the content, just stuck a yellow tag round it.

Having finally got in we went for the beer. I had a Neck Oil, but my mate wanted Amstel and that had run out an hour before kick-off! I was stunned by the toilets, especially compared with how bad they were at WHL. I thought the concourse seemed quite cramped, but when we left a few minutes early I realised it wasn't and had just been due to the huge numbers of people.

The stadium itself was impressive. I think it will take a few visits before I'm used to the new seat colour though. As others have said on here, it is clearly much bigger than WHL but has a similar feel. As we were sat in Paxton, getting that view of the Park Lane wall with the gold cockerel high above it is a touch of design genius. Well done Mr Levy.

Maybe it was because it was a friendly, but I was surprised by how fidgety the crowd were. The bloke next to me went to get a pie after about 30 minutes, missed the Inter goal, and didn't realise it was 1-1 until well into the second half. I was also surprised by how many non-Spurs or Inter shirts there were.

We didn't get to look around at all. I think a tour next spring will definitely be happening.

Back
Top Bottom