New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't most London pubs charge way more than they charge inside the stadium? I'm sure the pub on the High Road, can't remember it's name, was charging at least a fiver for warm cans of Carling when I last went a few years back
Depends what boozer.The only one i know that charges a fiver is LTs ,as the guvnor seems to want to make up all the money he lost whilst we were at Wembley in one season.
The Gipen is reasonable,as is the coach.The bricklayers about £3.50 i think,same as the Vic and the 2 brewers.The Elbow room does Courage best for £2.20.

Last edited:
No 8 bar was extorting people in the last season of WHL. £5 for shit lagers from memory. Stopped going as they were taking the piss.
That's the one I was thinking of. Fucking shocking.

I'm glad that people are still supporting the local pubs though, and hopefully they won't take people's custom for granted any more, which should see an improvement on what's on offer and the prices they charge. Anyone who does take it for granted probably won't stay in business for much longer

People need to support the local pubs otherwise they will dispear and be turned into luxury flats/chickenshops/bookies. Levy knows what he is doing. As soon as there gone drinks prices will shoot up in the stadium. The Victoria pub closed last year. On a positive the Billy Nick is re opening.

People need to support the local pubs otherwise they will dispear and be turned into luxury flats/chickenshops/bookies. Levy knows what he is doing. As soon as there gone drinks prices will shoot up in the stadium. The Victoria pub closed last year. On a positive the Billy Nick is re opening.
Saturday I'll be frequenting The High Cross, Beehive, Elbow Room, TCC and Bluecoats. In that order. 17.30 kick off after all so rude not to.

I was led to believe that there was decent leg room in the new stadium. Well. I was a bit cramped yesterday and my brother in the seat next to me was man spreading so I had to sit like a bitch. I swear Wembley has more leg room than our stadium. I also found the steps a bit narrow for my size 11 feet.
These are only minor quibbles mind. I think or new home is fantastico.

I was led to believe that there was decent leg room in the new stadium. Well. I was a bit cramped yesterday and my brother in the seat next to me was man spreading so I had to sit like a bitch. I swear Wembley has more leg room than our stadium. I also found the steps a bit narrow for my size 11 feet.
These are only minor quibbles mind. I think or new home is fantastico.
Are you a giant?

I doubt the pubs will suffer. Stayed in the ground after the west ham game last season, let the crowds die down. Got moved on after an hour or so, tryed the c and h and couldnt get in. Ramo. Same for the Bricklayers. Ended up in the Gilpin. Granted it was an early kick off, but ended up in c and h around 8.30 that evening and the tills were still ringing.

I thought they'd have a better handle on concession stocking and sort it our over the summer - but they really haven't. Certain drinks running out well before kick-off is not great, and the staff are as slow as ever. At 2:30 they'd even run out of some pies and sausage rolls (not the bloody vegetarian ones obv...) in a number of places, but seemed to have a few more ready by half time.

Maybe it'll be better in the league games - less people arriving to have a look around, but it was pretty obvious that the Inter game would have a lot of people arriving early to see the stadium for the first time.
the vegetarian sausage rolls are really nice, especially if you get them when they are straight out of the oven!

Back
Top Bottom