New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are they covering over the big "slash" up the southwest corner where the sky walk is?
It looks unfinished.

Don't think so. I read this a lot, 'unfinished' how?
Isn't the open aspect part of the experience? where you walk up it harnessed to the inside rail ...

It looks like its still awaiting panels to be put in.
Wish it had, as they're perforated and you'd be able to see out through them from the skywalk.
It ruins the sleek look of the veil IMO and, as I said, it looks unfinished if it's being left like that.

Slightly gutted that I won't be able to attend the test events, but as I went to the familiarisation event last year, not as upset as I would have been. Some people I have spoken to want their first experience to be an actual game, and I understand that, but I would take up any opportunity to get inside the stadium that I could.
I'm more upset that I will be on the A31/A36 in France on what looks more and more like opening day, especially having been at the final game.... if we get past Dortmund tonight, I can hope/pray UEFA fudge the draw so we play home second leg (so 16/17 April), and I will be fighting tooth and claw for a ticket that night

Slightly gutted that I won't be able to attend the test events, but as I went to the familiarisation event last year, not as upset as I would have been. Some people I have spoken to want their first experience to be an actual game, and I understand that, but I would take up any opportunity to get inside the stadium that I could.

I wasn't in the slightest bit fused about that familarization event. As it happens I was away but wouldn't have applied anyway. Do want my first experience to be a game - first proper game will do fine for me if I can't take in the test events.

Such a shame the first European game at the new stadium wasn't Dortmund, what with the final European game at WHL having been against them. Would've been a nice symmetry, in the same way that it would've been good if the first league game had been against Man Utd.

Such a shame the first European game at the new stadium wasn't Dortmund, what with the final European game at WHL having been against them. Would've been a nice symmetry, in the same way that it would've been good if the first league game had been against Man Utd.
Dortmund would have also been apt as I'm sure their "Yellow Wall" influenced the new south stand.

Last edited:
Wish it had, as they're perforated and you'd be able to see out through them from the skywalk.
It ruins the sleek look of the veil IMO and, as I said, it looks unfinished if it's being left like that.

fair enough, doesn't look unfinished to me. looks like another excellent feature

Not that I don’t think we can beat United or Dortmund (clearly we can) but I would rather our first game have a high percentage chance of being a win.

I know you can’t guarantee any result in the PL but I do believe a game like Brighton etc would be a good way to get off to a winning start at the stadium and build a winning mentality there.

I don’t want a team that is going to turn up looking to ruin the party and actually managing to achieve the task as it would put a real negative on the opening.

Not that I don’t think we can beat United or Dortmund (clearly we can) but I would rather our first game have a high percentage chance of being a win.

I know you can’t guarantee any result in the PL but I do believe a game like Brighton etc would be a good way to get off to a winning start at the stadium and build a winning mentality there.

I don’t want a team that is going to turn up looking to ruin the party and actually managing to achieve the task as it would put a real negative on the opening.
Our motto is "To Dare Is To Do", not "Oooh, that sounds like a tough match, can we play an easy team instead".

Have some belief mate

I've just realised I agreed to a holiday over Easter. It's been booked for April 6-17. My only hope is that the first game is the 2nd leg of the champs league quarter final and it is at home on the 17th. Absolutely cannot believe how much of a schoolboy error I have made. I fear that I'm almost certainly going to miss the first 3 games.
:memeokay:

D0afoJbX4AAEdx6
The UK Football media:
"Ha ha.... they can't finish the ground on time..."
:dembelelol:
"ha ha, Spurs are such a poor excuse for a football club... it's a shambles..."
:pochunimpressed:
"Let's blame everything on their inability to finish a ground on time... and say they've been tight fisted too..."
:levywtf:
"ha ha... what bottlers and losers they are..."

:pochrolleyes:
(UK Media finally see the new Stadium, and check the current league table)

Oh! :pochfacepalm::hugoshock::dierno::eriksenserious::kanehand:

media silence

:kaneear::kaneshh: :sonpoint::dembelefingers:

The UK Football media:
"Ha ha.... they can't finish the ground on time..."
:dembelelol:
"ha ha, Spurs are such a poor excuse for a football club... it's a shambles..."
:pochunimpressed:
"Let's blame everything on their inability to finish a ground on time... and say they've been tight fisted too..."
:levywtf:
"ha ha... what bottlers and losers they are..."

:pochrolleyes:
(UK Media finally see the new Stadium, and check the current league table)

Oh! :pochfacepalm::hugoshock::dierno::eriksenserious::kanehand:

media silence

:kaneear::kaneshh: :sonpoint::dembelefingers:

You just know it'll be:

'Yea it's a great stadium but it has an empty trophy cabinet'

'What's the point of building it if they can't fill it'

'My mother says Spurs are silly'

Or something like that!

When are you having your next fashion parade?

I'm more upset that I will be on the A31/A36 in France on what looks more and more like opening day, especially having been at the final game.... if we get past Dortmund tonight, I can hope/pray UEFA fudge the draw so we play home second leg (so 16/17 April), and I will be fighting tooth and claw for a ticket that night
I've just realised I agreed to a holiday over Easter. It's been booked for April 6-17. My only hope is that the first game is the 2nd leg of the champs league quarter final and it is at home on the 17th. Absolutely cannot believe how much of a schoolboy error I have made. I fear that I'm almost certainly going to miss the first 3 games.
:memeokay:
There's going to be loads of people in the same boat, as when holiday plans were made, we probably thought the first game was going to be in September.

Back
Top Bottom