New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not another game at Wembley.

UEFA can suck my cock. Police can choke on my nuts.

Our next home game is at Tottenham, boys! We are fucking going home to White Hart Lane!

Glory, glory!

The club need to play hardball over this. If the test events are completed at the end of the month then it would be bullshit to make us go back to Wembley under some kind of dubious notion like "we can't open the stadium for an evening/high profile fixture or something." We should threaten to default any fixtures 3-0 and see if UEFA and PL are prepared to lose out on millions in revenue and the general shit storm it would create. Show us a fucking a rule or law that says we can't play in our home stadium, that should shortly have safety certificate, or shut the fuck up.

There is a rule that all home games must be played at the same venue, which the PL has been open to waiving for Spurs' benefit.

So there is a rule, which the PL has already allowed to be broken this season? I imagine Levy would be able to take them to the cleaners in the courts if they try to force us to play all games at Wembley.

Last edited:
So I went to Wembley on Saturday; second time this season. I remembered why I refuse to go. It was the worst atmosphere I have ever experienced at any football game. firstly, half the people around me didn't cheer for our goal. Secondly, pretty much everyone was a tourist who could not care less. This is no exaggeration, we had get up and let people passed around 50 times during the game. I was livid and thought about leaving after 30 mins. At around 60 mins some arrogant dutch teenagers strolled up with popcorn and chicken. I told them I had to get up 10 times already for them and asked if they were enjoying the rubbish food. They left 5 minutes later having left all the food.
Seriously, we need out of Wembley, away from the tourists and back to our home. Can't wait.

Don't see why they can't announce it officially.

Levy would have given the go-ahead to Poch to reveal the info.

So make it official.

Another day of positive Spurs news.

The scum will be incandescent.

Don't see why they can't announce it officially.

Levy would have given the go-ahead to Poch to reveal the info.

So make it official.

Another day of positive Spurs news.

The scum will be incandescent.
Maybe it’s not official as all the authorities haven’t agreed yet. A public statement saying “expect” leaves some doubt, but puts pressure on them to get it done.

Pochettino in his press conference last night:

"You mentioned the disadvantage of playing at Wembley, are you confident you will be in the new stadium for the quarter-final?

I am not going to talk because it easy to pay with me and you are going to see tomorrow why I am not going to talk. I am very disappointed, I don't think that is going to change but I don't care, we are going to be strong. If are not going to receive a help from our football people in our country only I can laugh. You are going to see tomorrow why I am not so happy with the people.

(His press officer tells him he's answered the wrong question)

What's being announced tomorrow?

Now I am going to answer what you asked. At 10 o'clock you are going to see about [the other thing].

I expect to play at the new stadium. I was talking yesterday with Daniel and he was very positive, I hope yes and I wish we can play in our new stadium. We were sitting and listening to the Champions League song and we were talking with Jesus [Perez] saying it will be amazing to be in the new stadium listening to that song before the game. Now we are in the quarter-final I hope we can finish and we can listen to the song there.

Are you getting a touchline ban Mauricio?

(Appears to nod before leaving the room)"

I'm not so sure he was answering the wrong question, it just seems like the press officer has stepped in.

I have an awful feeling that we'll be playing the rest of our Premier League games at Wembley, but Champions League at the New Stadium.

"You mentioned the disadvantage of playing at Wembley, are you confident you will be in the new stadium for the quarter-final?

I am not going to talk because it easy to pay with me and you are going to see tomorrow why I am not going to talk. I am very disappointed, I don't think that is going to change but I don't care, we are going to be strong. If are not going to receive a help from our football people in our country only I can laugh. You are going to see tomorrow why I am not so happy with the people.

Now I am going to answer what you asked. At 10 o'clock you are going to see about [the other thing].

I expect to play at the new stadium. I was talking yesterday with Daniel and he was very positive, I hope yes and I wish we can play in our new stadium. We were sitting and listening to the Champions League song and we were talking with Jesus [Perez] saying it will be amazing to be in the new stadium listening to that song before the game. Now we are in the quarter-final I hope we can finish and we can listen to the song there.

I'm not so sure he was answering the wrong question, it just seems like the press officer has stepped in.

I have an awful feeling that we'll be playing the rest of our Premier League games at Wembley, but Champions League at the New Stadium.
At this point, I wouldn't mind that. CL under NWHL lights. Premier League can fuck off:angryscouser:

I think his first answer was to the scheduling of the NDL and that Dortmund had an extra day’s rest.

On the stadium, I’m quietly confident. I think we’re going home.

i reckon he's been given a big ban which will include the quarters, thats his bad news.
remember, just banning him for one game means he's back on the touchline v liverpool. (as we have 3 weeks with no game)
FA can't be having that, so it'll be a minimum 2. but thats an odd number (yes, its an even number, but an odd number for aban, i mean), so it will have to include a third. could be brighton on the 7th, but with the quarters due on the 9th/10th april, i reckon that they've given him 4. so it includes the first leg

i reckon he's been given a big ban which will include the quarters, thats his bad news.
remember, just banning him for one game means he's back on the touchline v liverpool. (as we have 3 weeks with no game)
FA can't be having that, so it'll be a minimum 2. but thats an odd number (yes, its an even number, but an odd number for aban, i mean), so it will have to include a third. could be brighton on the 7th, but with the quarters due on the 9th/10th april, i reckon that they've given him 4. so it includes the first leg
F.A. can't administer UEFA bans, surely?

He's been banned for 2 games and £10k fine keep up m80

Back
Top Bottom