New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Urgh. It's going to be such a shitty stadium name isn't it!?

"FedEx Arena" - like a typical NFL team.

It'll always be White Hart Lane.
Best we can hope for is something non-cringeworthy and either colour-neutral (as Emirates and Etihad are on shirts) or a shade that doesn't look terrible with our blue and navy colour scheme.

... And a shit ton of money, of course.
:levylol:

If you're referring to this image:

O5mmZN1.png

We have made loads of these mock ups for potential naming rights partners. It doesn't mean a deal has been agreed.
Yea, I know. Apparently there's been quite a few confirmed.

That one looks weird, too. Why would the name curve on the roof? Likely would be straight across.

In any case, wouldn't be shocked to hear a naming sponsor confirmed before the year is out.

If the stadium gets an American sponsor it is going to be a brand with a high exposure or a building exposure in the UK and Europe. I don't recall many FedEx trucks in the UK on my last visit. NIke, Apple, Google, McDonalds, Pepsi, Coke, KFC, a bank, an airline something like that. I don't see where 150 million pounds for a London football venue makes sense from a FedEx prospective. Not ITK but would expect a deal soon as the most important quarterly reports for US companies are in October and a lot of big deals get closed so they can go on the books then.

If the stadium gets an American sponsor it is going to be a brand with a high exposure or a building exposure in the UK and Europe. I don't recall many FedEx trucks in the UK on my last visit. NIke, Apple, Google, McDonalds, Pepsi, Coke, KFC, a bank, an airline something like that. I don't see where 150 million pounds for a London football venue makes sense from a FedEx prospective. Not ITK but would expect a deal soon as the most important quarterly reports for US companies are in October and a lot of big deals get closed so they can go on the books then.

Makes sense. I would throw in some far east or middle east companies too.

They wouldn't need to have half of it, like you say.

Burnley fans were taking the piss last weekend because a lot of people in our end weren't singing or giving it back to them. The chavs maybe thought the same becuase they're used to the Park Lane being next to them although to be fair there were more fans who were up for it in our bit for that game.

The above for me is reason enough to have the away fans next to the place where most of our noisy supporters gather.

But it seems most people disagree with me and want it to be a home end only.

I've got a seat in 112, next to the away fans behind the goal. Burnley fans were giving us shit and rightly so! Some of the "chants" people were coming up with when we were only 1-0 up were embarrassing. Also, it was clear that loads of people had flipped their season tickets for this game as there was loads of new faces from the Chelsea game. Also had a bloke about 6 rows back ask us to sit down because his little kid couldn't see... the same kid that was on their iPhone for most of the game. I guess it's unavoidable with a huge capacity, and I guess it's better than empty seats.

I've got a seat in 112, next to the away fans behind the goal. Burnley fans were giving us shit and rightly so! Some of the "chants" people were coming up with when we were only 1-0 up were embarrassing. Also, it was clear that loads of people had flipped their season tickets for this game as there was loads of new faces from the Chelsea game. Also had a bloke about 6 rows back ask us to sit down because his little kid couldn't see... the same kid that was on their iPhone for most of the game. I guess it's unavoidable with a huge capacity, and I guess it's better than empty seats.
Just on that, the people to blame are those that flipped their tickets not those that bought them, however frustrating it is that they are "new breed" football fan or whatever we are sat next to. I thought both sides next to the away fans against Chelsea looked to be loud and vocal, funny as I bet they are the same people having a pop at plastic fans yet it's because of them that their are plastic fans in the ground (same as salt of the earth lifelong ST holders who at WHL also have a couple of other ST that they trade every game, speak from bitter experience as a number of my mates fit this category, yet always having a pop at the tourist they have just flogged the ticket to) Boils my piss.

FedEx has agressively been raising it's profile in the UK and EU to compete with UPS. They bought TNT Express for a huge sum (£3B+) recently and are really pushing on those markets.

Makes complete sense they'd be looking for a major high profile sponsorship deal, and they do actively use the sporting market already.

Wembley was never going to be like WHL but 3X the fans.

Can't complain about what type of fans turn up if you think Wembley is vital to the club and MK was small time etc (which in itself is a fairly plastic view imo)
Then we just have to take the gate money and accept the crap atmosphere.

I wish they restricted us to 60k to be honest

Wembley was never going to be like WHL but 3X the fans.

Can't complain about what type of fans turn up if you think Wembley is vital to the club and MK was small time etc (which in itself is a fairly plastic view imo)
Then we just have to take the gate money and accept the crap atmosphere.

I wish they restricted us to 60k to be honest

Restricted to 60k would have been the best scenario agreed.

it should have been full capacity for Champions League games and 60,000 for the Prem if that was an option we were able to run with

Why restrict to 60k when you can have 75 attend?

Do you think the 60k will magically produce a much better atmosphere?

I've been in shocking atmospheres at the lane. People getting toxic when lamella looses the ball, Fazio / Chiriches goes missing / Hugo kicks out to touch.....

Are you saying you would sing your hearts out but An extra 10% quiet people around you makes you quiet?
Interested in people's thoughts

I've been in shocking atmospheres at the lane. People getting toxic when lamella looses the ball, Fazio / Chiriches goes missing / Hugo kicks out to touch.....

Are you saying you would sing your hearts out but An extra 10% quiet people around you makes you quiet?

I think it's the spacing and size of Wembley that mutes the atmosphere - less people, more sparsely spread out would be worse.

to be fair, the idea from day one with the single tier has been to replicate what they have at dortmund. letting a few "what shall i have for supper tonight" gooners in there to be quiet will ruin that effect
Each to their own. I would prioritise making as much of an intimidating atmosphere as possible rather than having a Dortmund style stand, but as I've said most people seem to disagree with me, in which case fair enough. The new ground will certainly be different from WHL, it remains to be seen whether it will be better or worse, personally I don't think it will match up, but we will see.

Each to their own. I would prioritise making as much of an intimidating atmosphere as possible rather than having a Dortmund style stand, but as I've said most people seem to disagree with me, in which case fair enough. The new ground will certainly be different from WHL, it remains to be seen whether it will be better or worse, personally I don't think it will match up, but we will see.

Not a lot of stadiums would match up to White Hart Lane in all honesty. The place had something about it that will be impossible to replicate.

Would have been class if we had torn WHL down and just rebuilt it bigger with an extra tier on top. Would have been like something at DisneyLand.

New Stadium, new Spurs, new era I hope the stadium works out

Unfortunately the likes of sammyspurs sammyspurs don't know what they're talking about on this issue. They remember the days of the Lane from years ago. But sammy hasn't been to the Lane more than a handful of times in the past decade.

This idea that there was some sort of rocking atmosphere at the Lane prior to this season baffles me to no end. There hasn't been a great atmosphere for years. Hell, the whole 1882 movement that this site was built around was prompted by the lack of atmosphere. Hell, the boos have been louder than cheers in recent years (the AVB era come sot mind). There is only one difference between Wembley and the Lane and that is that the capacity is such that now we see empty seats. But this idea that when the Lane sold out it was the bees knees just isn't true.

Of course there have been crap atmospheres at WHL, but 36,000 to 90,000 is quite a jump, and if people are going to moan about daytrippers and tourists, well where the hell did you think a large chunk of the extra fans came from?

Its a fallacy to think more fans means better atmosphere. Id rather 60,000 because I think the whole Wembley thing for games against Burnley etc looks half empty despite there being 70,000 or so there.

Of course there have been crap atmospheres at WHL, but 36,000 to 90,000 is quite a jump, and if people are going to moan about daytrippers and tourists, well where the hell did you think a large chunk of the extra fans came from?

Its a fallacy to think more fans means better atmosphere. Id rather 60,000 because I think the whole Wembley thing for games against Burnley etc looks half empty despite there being 70,000 or so there.

It was everyone's first game once - we had 30 odd thousand 'regulars' at WHL because that's all we could fit in

Back
Top Bottom