New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So someone who does every away game, Europe included is a cunt to you

:avbshit:
Stop trying to be twat. Remember when you claimed to have turned over a new leaf, this right here is why you haven't. It's cultish behaviour motivated by your dad need to beat anyone who disagrees with you.

I just set out a post in which my overriding sentiment was getting behind the team. Wh do you pretend as if that's not obvious? If someone follows the team around the country and the world then that is showing a significant amount of commitment...albeit if they refused to go to Wembley just because it's Wembley when they would have previously gone to WHL then, yeah, I think that is regrettable.

When you start going to all the away games come back and tell me why you won't go to Wembley. Right now that's not you, so don't pretend to speak for those who put their money and time into their club, travelling all around the country. Nobody hears your bedroom cheers Samuel. You know, an Anglo-Dutch friend of mine moved to The Netherlands a couple of years back after getting married. He bought and is sharing a season ticket this year. He's coming over for half the games, as many as he can afford on air fare. He's doing it to get behind his team. It's don't hear any bitching about Wembley from him. Maybe you should get your atse over for a few games, sing your heart out and the have a moan. Instead you just choose to stay at home, save your money and not support your team. What's worse? The person so goes or the person who can't even be bothered?

It does annoy me how some on here suggest that non WHL regulars are 'plastic' or 'not real fans'.

When I was growing up I used to go a lot (25 years ago now) but working abroad and finally relocating to the south coast (clue is in the title) for work and working shifts has made it really tricky to go for a long time. Young family now so when I do get a Sat or Sun off (about once a month) I would rather spend it with my family than the 4 hr round trip (not including the match) to go to WHL.

Wembley is not ideal as its not WHL but it is kind of the best of the options and it gives a lot more people the chance to go. Some may be long distance fans or even new to the game or club but who's to say they don't deserve to go as they may turn into genuine fans of the future.

Its been so difficult to get tickets to WHL for a long time now due to ST size and capacity that I am looking forward to this year as I (as a member) have more chance to go along. Yes the atmosphere won't be as good as its not as tight knit but I can remember plenty of matches at WHL over the years where its been dire too with too much booing and complaining and not enough actual supporting. If the team is playing badly then the atmosphere is generally pants wherever you are.

It does annoy me how some on here suggest that non WHL regulars are 'plastic' or 'not real fans'.

When I was growing up I used to go a lot (25 years ago now) but working abroad and finally relocating to the south coast (clue is in the title) for work and working shifts has made it really tricky to go for a long time. Young family now so when I do get a Sat or Sun off (about once a month) I would rather spend it with my family than the 4 hr round trip (not including the match) to go to WHL.

Wembley is not ideal as its not WHL but it is kind of the best of the options and it gives a lot more people the chance to go. Some may be long distance fans or even new to the game or club but who's to say they don't deserve to go as they may turn into genuine fans of the future.

Its been so difficult to get tickets to WHL for a long time now due to ST size and capacity that I am looking forward to this year as I (as a member) have more chance to go along. Yes the atmosphere won't be as good as its not as tight knit but I can remember plenty of matches at WHL over the years where its been dire too with too much booing and complaining and not enough actual supporting. If the team is playing badly then the atmosphere is generally pants wherever you are.

Mate I live abroad and have nothing but time for any fan who travels when they can to a game.

Ive basically been told my opinion is null and void because I can only make it to 2 games a year on average...personally I think thats pretty decent going considering it means flights and time off work.

Elitism is rife, but as I said, an extra 60,000 fans wont all be ones that sing....as Wembley is showing.

Im happy to go for a cup game, but I wont be booking any flights to watch us play Swansea there Im afraid.
I totally agree that the way the team plays has a massive impact.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:sonhmm:

What a tit this bloke is. How the fuck can he say this when all that's happened is someone has seen this picture (Spurs have approached over 300 company's with similar mock-ups representing each company being approached) that's been posted it on a Spurs forum? It may turn out to be true, but absolutely nothing in the original post suggests anything of a deal having been made.

A lot of the people whinging about Wembley act like we've done it as some sort of permanent move or that the board did it for a laugh. It's so we can finish our new bloody stadium. It's not perfect but it was the most viable option.

A lot of the people whinging about Wembley act like we've done it as some sort of permanent move or that the board did it for a laugh. It's so we can finish our new bloody stadium. It's not perfect but it was the most viable option.

The Emirates is a lot closer.....its only a season

Yes, thats different, but if people dont like Wembley, can they just be allowed to not like Wembley.
Imagine that

:gallashmm:

Mate I live abroad and have nothing but time for any fan who travels when they can to a game.
No you don't. You're busy cunting me off for doing just that.

Ive basically been told my opinion is null and void because I can only make it to 2 games a year on average...personally I think thats pretty decent going considering it means flights and time off work.
Yet more lies. Yawn. You've been told your opinion of the atmosphere is null and void because you've not had enough experience of it. This lying is tedious.

Im happy to go for a cup game, but I wont be booking any flights to watch us play Swansea there Im afraid.
I totally agree that the way the team plays has a massive impact.
Because you'd rather cunt off the side online than support your team. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom