New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Similarly, I've always wondered why other teams stand there while The All Blacks do their Haka.
Yes the conventional thinking is if you turn your back and piss off this will fire them up, but I am not so sure about that. I asked a Maori I played union with once about that and he stated that it would not bother him, what did bother him was white blokes getting our tribal tattoos on their arms because they think its cool!

One thing you can't escape and that each year the piped in music gets a little bit louder. they have been doing that for about 10yrs now. The last time I went to Anfield I couldn't hear a single fans voice sing it over the PA system.

Stupidly the opposition fans always try to sing at the same time - it's completely futile and just makes the 'atmosphere' seem better than it is.

Similarly, I've always wondered why other teams stand there while The All Blacks do their Haka.
the authorities introduced rules making the opposition stand 10 yards away, at least partially cos of this....

Thing is, rightly or wrongly, the Kiwis are very precious about it. At least, the middle class white guys that run Rugby in NZ are. Thats why they throw their toys out the pram if, for instance, the home nation wants the national anthems after the Haka is performed.

RB9MMwr.jpg

Dont stick your head under there mate :pochwtf:

In the Shelf you're not that far away from them. And you have other loud fans between you and them. This will be the other end of the ground.

Liverpool is not an intimidating or a good atmosphere. Nowadays as an away fan you are next to a load of families and tourists. You can't hear or engage much with the Kop.

Dortmund, I've never been, I take your word for it.

Might not need to rely on away fans but it certainly makes things more interesting for both us and them.

I will be in the family stand because I go with my dad and he thinks in 10 years he won't be able to stand up. I will be the lone guy standing up and doing a wanker sign at 3,000 gooners. That doesn't bother me, but I'd figure that if you are in our single tier stand, when we score you want to look into the faces of the opposition fans and take the piss out of them. That won't be possible any more.

Most of all I don't want other teams fans to come away and think of us as corporate, soft, plastic Tottenham. They will do anyway because of the way the new ground will look. But they will do even more because of what the part of the ground will be like where they will be standing.

It may also split our hardcore up (which will be bad) because some will want to be at the family end just to be next to the away fans. I know some people who have said that.

OK I get it that you might say you don't care what other teams' fans think. In which case, fair enough. I guess I just do. I know that they thought of White Hart Lane as an old school ground, some were scared of it (Woolwich) some loved coming because we provided a proper welcome and atmosphere. I really think the new ground would be more like that if we housed the away fans in our single tier stand.
The only thing is it's single tier. You'll never have enough away fans to half of it, not even on FA cup games.
There was a time when away fans of Chelsea, Woolwich manu used to have all the park lane.

I suppose could have given the away fans a corner of the south east of it, yet they couldn't have called it the home end.
They also would have had to design the Stand differently for segregation purposes. Own entrances, refreshment areas etc.
The only other option was to put them on the lower east south end, yet I think that would have been opposed.
The last time I was at Anfield we had banter with the lot next to us.

Last edited:
Palace Ultras are miles away from the away fans, and dont even face them, yet they make a noise..

I think the new ground will be compact enough to generate the right noise...its Spurs after all, not Liverpool. We do actually sing at home.

The only thing is it's single tier. You'll never have enough away fans to half of it, not even on FA cup games.
There was a time when away fans of Chelsea, Woolwich manu used to have all the park lane.

I suppose could have given the away fans a corner of the south east of it, yet they couldn't have called it the home end.
They also would have had to design the Stand differently for segregation purposes. Own entrances, refreshment areas etc.
The only other option was to put them on the lower east south end, yet I think that would have been opposed.
The last time I was at Anfield we had banter with the lot next to us.
They wouldn't need to have half of it, like you say.

Burnley fans were taking the piss last weekend because a lot of people in our end weren't singing or giving it back to them. The chavs maybe thought the same becuase they're used to the Park Lane being next to them although to be fair there were more fans who were up for it in our bit for that game.

The above for me is reason enough to have the away fans next to the place where most of our noisy supporters gather.

But it seems most people disagree with me and want it to be a home end only.

Palace Ultras are miles away from the away fans, and dont even face them, yet they make a noise..

I think the new ground will be compact enough to generate the right noise...its Spurs after all, not Liverpool. We do actually sing at home.
At Palace from the away end you can only hear the home fans when the rest of the stadium joins in with them, i.e. when they're winning or playing well.

They wouldn't need to have half of it, like you say.

Burnley fans were taking the piss last weekend because a lot of people in our end weren't singing or giving it back to them. The chavs maybe thought the same becuase they're used to the Park Lane being next to them although to be fair there were more fans who were up for it in our bit for that game.

The above for me is reason enough to have the away fans next to the place where most of our noisy supporters gather.

But it seems most people disagree with me and want it to be a home end only.
to be fair, the idea from day one with the single tier has been to replicate what they have at dortmund. letting a few "what shall i have for supper tonight" gooners in there to be quiet will ruin that effect

with the new rules stating you need away fans lower tier behind one of the goals (or roughly to that effect) I think the only thing we could do is put the away fans where they are going, behind the north stand.

That south stand needs to be a focal point and it would look weird/ not right if we shared it with away fans as well. Ideal situation would be to have the away fans lower tier on the east or west stand but the rules won't allow it.

A single tier 17,500+ Lillywhites with possibly more if safe standing gets approved will be a real sight and talking point in the football world. I wouldn't want that ruined by mixing it with away fans for banter

Last edited:
Urgh. It's going to be such a shitty stadium name isn't it!?

"FedEx Arena" - like a typical NFL team.

It'll always be White Hart Lane.

Back
Top Bottom