New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Out of pure ignorance and curiousity, what would the attraction of Twickenham be? Never watched a match there, be it live or broadcast. Further away and doesn't seem from photos to be all that much cozier?
I don't think it would work as a football venue. You are quite a long way from the pitch and if you're in the top tier need binoculars to make out who's who. It works for rugby but would be almost as stupid as trying to use an athletics stadium for football. And no one would be that idiotic, right?

Wait.....

Hello!
0af73e49c3435580440ea9eacb0c50c8.png
It would not work for football. I have been, they ran out of beer and the boys smashed the gaff up.

Where did you hear/ read this? I'd honestly love the south stand to be a terrace. Imagine the roar and the atmosphere it'll be like the old days
Just take a look at the south stand cam. When I use the word terrace, I don't imply standing. Not sure if
there is another word I can use to better effect. (I see from Totti's post that the supports
are properly called rakers).

Great video by our own Chris Cowlin.

Great videos from Chris. Amazing how much it has come on, seems that there have been less photos posted over the summer on this thread, perhaps due to the transfer speculation taking center stage? I hope I can see the stadium in the flesh once it's finished, I think it'll be immense.

Every time I see that stadium the part of me that is down about our season at Wembley is blown away by how fucking fantastic this place has the potential to be.

I really hope that they don't fuck up the transfer of seats.

Having an "1882" section by the old Park Lane / Shelf area should be a pre-requisite. So people are in no doubt where the noise will be originating from.

All I hope is that the new place has a little bit of the old WHL soul with it and a bit of its own atmosphere to go along with it. If it's anything like Wembley or the Emirates I'll be gutted.

With the work Levy has put into it, constantly asking if it could be better or tighter he's done all he can to ensure most of the old school isn't lost (I hope)

I still think the cherry on top would be safe standing in the lower part of the new South Stand. The energy that would generate would be a real focal point for us to make truly unique to the English game bar the scousers. Imagine the atmosphere at games in the Champions League or the NLD! Let's hope it gets approved

Every time I see that stadium the part of me that is down about our season at Wembley is blown away by how fucking fantastic this place has the potential to be.

Its going to be epic when we move back......someone made a great point that Wembley will help us fall in love with the new WHL, coming home and all that after the plastic feeling of having no ground.

Thats the only plus for Wembley......I really miss WHL when you look at games last season. The new ground going up really helps with that though.

Its going to be epic when we move back......someone made a great point that Wembley will help us fall in love with the new WHL, coming home and all that after the plastic feeling of having no ground.

Thats the only plus for Wembley......I really miss WHL when you look at games last season. The new ground going up really helps with that though.

I agree regarding the Wembley factor helping us integrate into the new WHL. It will breathe new life into us as fans and as a club.

I do think however that we will see a better Tottenham team develop as the season goes on at Wembley. At the moment the season is new and the adrenaline runs though opposition players more. If we want to become a proper team we need to embrace weekly battles and mix it with fight in our bellies along with tactical and strategic nous.

I think Llorente was brought in due to Wembley and the new Stadium move. I get the feeling he was brought in because we weren't able to attract the pacey forward Pochettino wanted so he went with a sensible, albeit less creative option in a big target man to hold the ball up and get onto crosses for knock downs and headers towards goal, which we should have on the bench regardless as it gives the opposition one more thing to worry about which frees up space for Kane, Dele and Eriksen who get far too easily stifled by opposition when we don't have full backs that bomb on

Last edited:
All I hope is that the new place has a little bit of the old WHL soul with it and a bit of its own atmosphere to go along with it. If it's anything like Wembley or the Emirates I'll be gutted.

With the work Levy has put into it, constantly asking if it could be better or tighter he's done all he can to ensure most of the old school isn't lost (I hope)

I still think the cherry on top would be safe standing in the lower part of the new South Stand. The energy that would generate would be a real focal point for us to make truly unique to the English game bar the scousers. Imagine the atmosphere at games in the Champions League or the NLD! Let's hope it gets approved

bollocks. the dippers pipe up during the pre match never walk alone, and for most of the game wait for the win they feel is their divine right. most massively over rated supporters in the country

Fair enough but you can't ignore the atmosphere the Kop signing you'll never walk alone generates, even if it is before the game. It's pretty iconic to the English game
its iconic, yes. but only cos the press goes on about it.
not because its spine tingling or any of that shite.
its the same with that "oooo anfield on a european night" horseshit. Old Trafford has a better atmosphere under lights, but to admit that is to deny the "they all come from surrey and dont really care" stereotype. (as is the "everyone that supports citeh comes from manchester" shite..well, we see how great their support is these days.in their rarely full up stadium), or the all spurs fans are fickle and turn on their own as quick as cheer for them nonsense

its iconic, yes. but only cos the press goes on about it.
not because its spine tingling or any of that shite.
its the same with that "oooo anfield on a european night" horseshit. Old Trafford has a better atmosphere under lights, but to admit that is to deny the "they all come from surrey and dont really care" stereotype. (as is the "everyone that supports citeh comes from manchester" shite..well, we see how great their support is these days.in their rarely full up stadium), or the all spurs fans are fickle and turn on their own as quick as cheer for them nonsense

Very true, who controls the media controls the minds of the people and all that. Im not gonna lie though, I do like a bit of you'll never walk alone, just something I like even though it ain't Spurs

It's stupid that the opposition and their fans have to stand around and wait for them to sing their song - no other clubs gets that.
One thing you can't escape and that each year the piped in music gets a little bit louder. they have been doing that for about 10yrs now. The last time I went to Anfield I couldn't hear a single fans voice sing it over the PA system.

There is one ground that does get mentioned all the time and that's Sellhurst Park. Every single game the commentary team talk about the atmosphere as the teams walkout, the camera then always pans round to the 300 fat fans dressed in black.

Back
Top Bottom