New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The "trees" in the Park Lane End look really iconic, never seen anything quite like them before. Stadiums have got very samey but this looks unique (to me at least)

newstadium-july6-1.jpg
Yeah, you can thank the NFL for that...they wouldn't be there without the retractable pitch...

The "trees" in the Park Lane End look really iconic, never seen anything quite like them before. Stadiums have got very samey but this looks unique (to me at least)

newstadium-july6-1.jpg

I think others teams wood have liked to do something similar in the past. Some might even take a leaf out of our book in the future. The roots of the idea will always be in Tottenham though.

I think others teams wood have liked to do something similar in the past. Some might even take a leaf out of our book in the future. The roots of the idea will always be in Tottenham though.

I’m pretty sure at least four of the stadiums in the WC had these trees in them. The Spartak Moscow one even had them visible inside the stadium.

It’s the new way of design for load bearers.

Edit. Just checked it’s not the spartak one. Can’t find the images but they were there.

At least it hasn't been hot in London this week. I am sure that working on the roof in the heat would just sap the energy out of the workers to a point where they start leaf-ing their posts and heading for the beech.

I've just been to the stadium and it looks nowhere near being finished.
The club shop won't be opening for a few weeks either.

It isn’t is it.

Corporate areas were all being offered bespoke as well at one point, not sure if they followed that idea, but can imagine that each one of those brings its own challenges if that’s the case.

But still 60ish days to go.

Just not sure how ready it needs to be for test event sign off etc.
Corporate areas and non essential places can be worked on till the day/night before we open properly I’m guessing.

Back
Top Bottom