New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wembley is much bigger and further away, here's the West stand comparisons .... sorry don't have one for the South stand but the height difference will be the same .....

C3K-IQtW8AA1-kL.jpg

That’s a great comparison. I currently sit in that blue box area so even half way up the upper tier is still going to be closer to the pitch if a little bit higher.
You can see why they expect noise to stay in the ground.

I would like block 416 or 417 if they are available, but think I will be somewhere upper tier North.

In this video you start to get a sense of this being a project that is greater than just the stadium. Obviously the stadium is the biggest part, but as well as being linked to lillywhite house there's also the huge club shop (what the hell are we going to stock it with?), the museum, hotel, residential stuff, medical center etc. And there's the climbing wall and all that kind of jazz to come yet. I think a lot of fans of other teams will come to a game next season not really expecting the scale of everything and will be proper in awe of us.

Why did we decide to put screens in, instead of making the south stand even bigger? Seems to me we could have filled the space in with more seats, level with the east and west stands. Is it just that we don't need that many seats.

Why did we decide to put screens in, instead of making the south stand even bigger? Seems to me we could have filled the space in with more seats, level with the east and west stands. Is it just that we don't need that many seats.
We wouldn't be able to get approval for many/any more seats because there isn't a sensible way to get that many people out of the ground and home safely at the same time until the transport is substantially further improved.

The curve of the seats being lower in the corners is nothing to do with the screens. It's an architectural necessity. The only way you could get seats to the same height as the middle part would be to make the stadium exterior a rectangle rather than a curved bowl.

That's much easier to explain with a 3D model than in words...

Multi screens actually don't look that bad and they do the job well!

In this video you start to get a sense of this being a project that is greater than just the stadium. Obviously the stadium is the biggest part, but as well as being linked to lillywhite house there's also the huge club shop (what the hell are we going to stock it with?), the museum, hotel, residential stuff, medical center etc. And there's the climbing wall and all that kind of jazz to come yet. I think a lot of fans of other teams will come to a game next season not really expecting the scale of everything and will be proper in awe of us.
Yup it's more than just the stadium I think Nikes slogan for our merch is "watch us rise" which makes sense.

The only thing I'm a little worried about is after all the new stuff goes up it makes us prime pickings for some wealthy Chinese or Arabic family to buy us out and become another Man City mark. 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom