New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saw something about Brentford building a new stadium and the chairman ? saying that to get the safety certificate they have to hold 2 "test events" there.
I assume it is the same for us, any one know what they are ?

Saw something about Brentford building a new stadium and the chairman ? saying that to get the safety certificate they have to hold 2 "test events" there.
I assume it is the same for us, any one know what they are ?

A friend of mine was one of about 3000 Woolwich fans that did the test event at the Emeriates. From what I remembered it involved them sitting in different sections and waiting for the fire alarm to go off and test the stadium evacuation procedures.

I would imagine that test events for Brentford would include pre-season friendlies, possiblgbat a resuxed capacity. Spurs may do some of these, possibly with a few youth games if the stadium is still being worked on in August, which it likely will be.

A friend of mine was one of about 3000 Woolwich fans that did the test event at the Emeriates. From what I remembered it involved them sitting in different sections and waiting for the fire alarm to go off and test the stadium evacuation procedures.

I would imagine that test events for Brentford would include pre-season friendlies, possiblgbat a resuxed capacity. Spurs may do some of these, possibly with a few youth games if the stadium is still being worked on in August, which it likely will be.
So technically you could go to the "possible" youth games and be one of the first to watch Spurs at new WHL.
Cool.

Big difference is... The Colluseum is in Rome, where the sun shines a lot...
WHL Mk.II is in North London... where it pisses down most days!

The roof is a geographical necessity I'm afraid!
I’ve been half pissed in enough overly warm stadia on sunny days in my life to know that roofed stadiums are where it’s at. I’m constantly annoyed at all the cheap cunts over here that won’t build a roof. There are times, ticket in hand, I think the better of it because I know on a still hot September afternoon I’ll have been drinking pre-game before a big match for hours and simply don’t want the misery.

I also think that has a lot to do with the fixture scheduling preference among European cultures. You lot in England, in general, seem to abhor later kickoffs while on the continent, particularly south, they seem to love night matches. When it’s 30C our and the sun is beating down and you’re partially drunk who wants to stand in the sun without moving for 2 hours? It could just be that Italians don’t have jobs to do in the morning, mind.

Some SSC bod stitched these three images together....impressive...
2um1k10.jpg

Not sure if it’s just the camera angle but this makes the north stand top tier seats seem really close to the pitch compared to the south stand.

I was hoping for seats in the 2nd level but don’t think I will have that option. Looks like they will offer a great view.

I’ve been half pissed in enough overly warm stadia on sunny days in my life to know that roofed stadiums are where it’s at. I’m constantly annoyed at all the cheap cunts over here that won’t build a roof. There are times, ticket in hand, I think the better of it because I know on a still hot September afternoon I’ll have been drinking pre-game before a big match for hours and simply don’t want the misery.

I also think that has a lot to do with the fixture scheduling preference among European cultures. You lot in England, in general, seem to abhor later kickoffs while on the continent, particularly south, they seem to love night matches. When it’s 30C our and the sun is beating down and you’re partially drunk who wants to stand in the sun without moving for 2 hours? It could just be that Italians don’t have jobs to do in the morning, mind.
Have you ever considered turning up sober?

Not sure if it’s just the camera angle but this makes the north stand top tier seats seem really close to the pitch compared to the south stand.

I was hoping for seats in the 2nd level but don’t think I will have that option. Looks like they will offer a great view.
I think the North could end up being surprisingly lively

They are, the South stand is a single 'rake' front to back not tiers like the other three ......

2F73A8C800000578-3363515-image-m-33_1450339423890.jpg

They are, the South stand is a single 'rake' front to back not tiers like the other three ......

2F73A8C800000578-3363515-image-m-33_1450339423890.jpg

If that’s to scale then a big difference.

Was trying to compare my Wembley seat view, there’s a big difference straight away due to how close the first seats are at WHL compared to Wembley.

If it’s steeper as well will seem really enclosed.

Last edited:
Later phase sales be interesting to see what people choose. So far north relatively untouched.
So closer to pitch in north or the very back of south stand will be the choice for a lot of people.
North middle tier is as close to the view I had before in the South Upper. I’m tempted.

Back
Top Bottom