New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm guessing the slow sales of the 1882 bit isn't such a worry for the club because the more corporate model for them (although agree they're not corporate, they are more like Club Wembley - every stadium has a middle tier ticket section now) means they're not really expected to sell out quickly as soon as they go on sale. There's not that many of them and probably a lot of people who will spend over £2,000 on a season ticket will take their time to decide if they want one. They're something the club has to actually have to market to people, while the normal-priced seats sell themselves. That said just over £2,000 isn't that much considering the sky high prices people would pay on StubHub for the NLD. (It's definitely too much for me, though!)

Not disputing it doesn't sound like the greatest idea to have it located there, I hope it works out.

1882 isn't corporate. It's regular seats, but with access to an extra bar, a drink and some food.

So using this logic club Wembley isn't "corporate"?
Access to your own bar and normal seats just inbetween 2 tiers. All thats missing is the freebies.

Not having a pop, just wonder what you consider the difference between the 2. If you consider there a difference a all

I'm guessing the slow sales of the 1882 bit isn't such a worry for the club because the more corporate model for them (although agree they're not corporate, they are more like Club Wembley - every stadium has a middle tier ticket section now) means they're not really expected to sell out quickly as soon as they go on sale. There's not that many of them and probably a lot of people who will spend over £2,000 on a season ticket will take their time to decide if they want one. They're something the club has to actually have to market to people, while the normal-priced seats sell themselves. That said just over £2,000 isn't that much considering the sky high prices people would pay on StubHub for the NLD. (It's definitely too much for me, though!)

Not disputing it doesn't sound like the greatest idea to have it located there, I hope it works out.

By the time it gets to phase 7 and 8 if you want a decent seat in the south stand they will probably be the only seats available, see how quickly they start getting filled up then.

I’m guessing take up will visibly increase at that point.

Nah - I'm Phase 6. If there's anything left in the South Stand, I'll go for that, if not - North Stand... if not... I'll have to cough up for the West/East.

Phase 6 is 25k-30k so there’s no chance those two stands will be filled. I expect lots of north still available phase 8.

Overall there are 17k seats in south stand and at least 10k available in north stand to STs.
And as there has been great uptake in the east and west to date, the north has hardly been touched.

Think the club research on pricing has been spot on for what 95% of people are prepared / able to pay to sit in a certain place.

So using this logic club Wembley isn't "corporate"?
Access to your own bar and normal seats just inbetween 2 tiers. All thats missing is the freebies.

Not having a pop, just wonder what you consider the difference between the 2. If you consider there a difference a all
Club Wembley is a separate tier, with special padded seats and cup holders. Once you're in the stadium you can only mix with other people in Club Wembley, and not those in the bottom or top tiers. Not similar at all to 1882, where you can do everything that regular ticket holders can, have a seat in the same part of the ground as loads of others, but also a bit extra if you want. Not even similar.

Intreasting thread on the 1882 sales. Personally I feal the club has mucked up here.

These will be all sold, no question of that, my gut tells me that they will be picked up by those with little choice towards the end of the phases. i.e. All £1k'sh ST gone the choice will be do I spend £2k'ish in East or West or £2,200 behind the goal, the fact it has it own members bar could swing a few to take that option, especially those that have never experienced a lounge or private bar at a football match before.

Club Wembley is a separate tier, with special padded seats and cup holders. Once you're in the stadium you can only mix with other people in Club Wembley, and not those in the bottom or top tiers. Not similar at all to 1882, where you can do everything that regular ticket holders can, have a seat in the same part of the ground as loads of others, but also a bit extra if you want. Not even similar.

Fair enough, it does seem spurs are going for a weird mid ground with this ticket. But for the amount extra I can't see many people wanting it as a 1st choice. Also if people want the premium experience they've already gone with the corporate areas.
The only thing going for it is it's in the south.

The freedom to move around the stadium is purely because it's a new build, older stadiums were not designed for this. There are obviously different levels of corporate hospitality, but in my view an exclusive bar that only 1-2k have access to with complimentary drinks is not general admission. 1882 is corporate with an 'atmosphere' seat.

I’m still hoping our first game is in September or I’m going to be shifting on any home tickets in August.

Worst holiday planning ever.

Just about get home from holiday in time to get in for my ST phase as well.

(Blatant I go on more than one holiday a year post)
First thing I checked when we booked our flights for July was that we got back the day before season starts just in case the new stadium opened..... :D

Interesting that the club have created '1882' which represents the polar opposite of what the FTC lads created their '1882' for.

I know which one i'd prefer to have their own section at the new stadium.

Interesting that the club have created '1882' which represents the polar opposite of what the FTC lads created their '1882' for.

I know which one i'd prefer to have their own section at the new stadium.

Club missed a trick here - 1882 section should have been in the single tier south stand and should have been priced the same as, if not a bit lower than, the average season ticket price at the new stadium.

There's already plenty of premium seats at the new stadium, some of which costing north of £3,000. Tunnel club or whatever it's called etc

Yep, starting to look that way.....Im not going to judge "the corperates" level of support, but surely you could sit there if you wanted to anyway. Just because you can afford 2k it doesnt mean you want to pay it......if somone who was willing to pay for an 1882 wants to sit in the single tier, surely they would sit there for £875 anyway.
Ah but that 1 free drink......and the nibbles!! :deledoubt:

I've got plenty of mates that have done well for themselves and are noisy shits when they want to be. So not necessarily just aiming at the la-di-dah types wanting a prawn sarnie and a glass of fizz. Plus a lot of people who can write stuff off to tax (not me unfortunately) so don't pay the full whack themselves.

Fair enough, it does seem spurs are going for a weird mid ground with this ticket. But for the amount extra I can't see many people wanting it as a 1st choice. Also if people want the premium experience they've already gone with the corporate areas.
The only thing going for it is it's in the south.

I may have looked at it, but it's just a little bit too expensive imo.

I think what they should have done is left the ability for standard tickets to have access to areas like this on an adhoc basis - so maybe one game you decide you want more of a formal lunch before a game and upgrade to the area pre and post match but still sit in your normal seat for the game.

Back
Top Bottom