New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the club makes a big deal about how it listened to the fans, strove to avoid the mistakes at the Death Star and Stratford, got the stand as close as possible to the pitch, banged on about tradition, about making this wall of Tottenham's most passionate support, then it sticks sub-corporate sections bang in the middle where for all we know the cunts will spend the second half in their exclusive wanky wine bar if the weather's a bit parky or the entertainment less than stellar.

Talk about a massive fucking own goal after all the good will and hype. I hope the idea is a non-starter, that no-one buys them and the club are forced to retreat. Doubt this will happen mind

I will probably buy a ticket in that area for a match if you get that option.

Reason being I expect to be north stand and bored / told to sit down etc so a chance to be in the middle of the South Stand every now and then is too good to miss.

I am at Club Wembley right now - home end - and I notice loads leaving the "noisy area" 5 mins before half time and returning just after.

I leave on the H/T whistle a 2 min walk to a bar out by the window, get a beer (rest my beer on an original wembley turnstile, great habit!) and then back in at my seat as McNamara's band is playing. So the 1882 could be ok for the "right" people.

Early signs suggest you needn't worry. Take up looks quite low so far.

(roughly) 10,000 people have been offered a ST by now. The take up for 1882 tickets is just over 1% at 114.

52 of these tickets are in the south stand:
8 in block 302
16 in block 403
18 in block 402
10 in block 403
0 in block 303

59 in the East stand
9 in block 530
50 in block 529

43 in the West
10 in block 501
33 in block 502

At this ratio, the club will sell less than 500 1882 tickets, with the south stand barely effected.
Club is probably relying on people in later phases that are willing to pay a premium to get a seat in the south stand. Early phases have plenty of less expensive choices.

Early signs suggest you needn't worry. Take up looks quite low so far.

(roughly) 10,000 people have been offered a ST by now. The take up for 1882 tickets is just over 1% at 114.

52 of these tickets are in the south stand:
8 in block 302
16 in block 403
18 in block 402
10 in block 403
0 in block 303

59 in the East stand
9 in block 530
50 in block 529

43 in the West
10 in block 501
33 in block 502

At this ratio, the club will sell less than 500 1882 tickets, with the south stand barely effected.

Loads will sell in Phase 8 is my bet.

From SSC (JimB) - For some perspective, 2 years and 1 day ago:

large_cameratwo_large.jpg

Does everyone get this from the club via email ?

Please note, we may need to make some small adjustments to your seat selection(s) to avoid single seats within rows so please do not be concerned if your final seat number slightly changes from the one(s) you selected.

They can fuck right off. I purchased an end of Asile and no one behind seat for a reason !

Does everyone get this from the club via email ?

Please note, we may need to make some small adjustments to your seat selection(s) to avoid single seats within rows so please do not be concerned if your final seat number slightly changes from the one(s) you selected.

They can fuck right off. I purchased an end of Asile and no one behind seat for a reason !
This was discussed a page or so back, it's to stop people leaving a gap between two seats for their mates in later phases. I would've though if you're at the end of a row, it wouldn't make much sense in moving you.

You'll probably be okay.

Which block did you go for?

I've also been hoping to find a back row seat. Principally because I hate having a bloke behind me who just moans about EVERYTHING for the whole game. The thought of having a STH like that behind me is not worth thinking about.

I went up to WHL today, like to go up there every month or so, as pictures really don't do the scale of the construction justice.
The south stand is breathtaking, but i just want to get in there, wherever I end up.
Funnily enough, my brother was making a delivery just as I was passing by.
Had a senior moment at the station. When I arrived at WHL, I thought I must take a picture from the platform, as it looked like a pretty good view from there. Anyway, when I was coming back, took a walk to the end of the platform, couldn't see much because of the high wall and the houses in front of me. I couldn't work out why I couldn't see the cranes at least. Then the penny dropped - I realised I had walked down to Bruce Grove! !
:pochfacepalm:

Last edited:
I may have looked at it, but it's just a little bit too expensive imo.

I think what they should have done is left the ability for standard tickets to have access to areas like this on an adhoc basis - so maybe one game you decide you want more of a formal lunch before a game and upgrade to the area pre and post match but still sit in your normal seat for the game.
I think that’s a damn fine idea. If it was e.g. my Dad’s birthday it would be nice to take him to, say, an upgrade facility where you could have a decent meal and a few drinks in some comfort. Also, if you could sign in a guest to the 1882 section then that might appeal more too.

Back
Top Bottom