New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Park Lane end for me. Keep some links with the past. And in a few years, maybe change it to the Sir Mauricio Pochettino stand, in honour of the first manager to win three consecutive quadruples....

Has the club actually asked for supporter input on the stand names? I can’t imagine they’re determined by whoever gets the stadium rights. Spurs have been pretty good seeking fan opinion on some aspects of the stadium, and it would make sense to me if they drew up a shortlist and gave us fans a vote.

Mind you, given how public voting has gone in recent years we’ll probably end up with The Standy McStandface Stand.

They’re called Spion Kop stands. They’re named after a hill in South Africa.

Loads of clubs have had Kops, including Woolwich and Villa. It’s not a term specific to the one at Anfield.
Yes - anybody with half a clue about football knows that. But the association with Liverpool is fucking obvious and we don’t want it.

Yes - anybody with half a clue about football knows that. But the association with Liverpool is fucking obvious and we don’t want it.

It’s just a term for the type of stand. Any large, steep, single-tier stand is going to be labelled a Kop.

I’ve already said I don’t want it to be called The Kop, but there’s nothing wrong with using an accurate term to describe what it is. And so what if if it did get called The Kop? Who do you think football supporters would eventually associate that term with the most? Liverpool’s one, or ours that pisses all over it from a great (and steep) height?

It’s just a term for the type of stand. Any large, steep, single-tier stand is going to be labelled a Kop.

Who do you think football supporters would eventually associate that term with the most? Liverpool’s one, or ours that pisses all over it from a great (and steep) height?

Having had the shit kicked of me twice and the piss ripped out of me on every other visit to Liverpool believe me I detest your average scouser as much as the next man but to me and the vast majority of people the kop will always be associated with Anfield and nowhere else.

Having had the shit kicked of me twice and the piss ripped out of me on every other visit to Liverpool believe me I detest your average scouser as much as the next man but to me and the vast majority of people the kop will always be associated with Anfield and nowhere else.

There’s a new Kop in town.

It’s irrelevant anyway as it won’t actually be called The Kop. Doesn’t change the fact that it is a Kop.

We should have a thread were people can suggest names then vote on them ... the club can call it what they want but it will be the fans that ultimately name it ... just like we did with the 'shelf' ... or WHU with the 'chicken run' or Chelsea with 'the shed' etc ... etc ...

We should have a thread were people can suggest names then vote on them ... the club can call it what they want but it will be the fans that ultimately name it ... just like we did with the 'shelf' ... or WHU with the 'chicken run' or Chelsea with 'the shed' etc ... etc ...
Bullshit, tragic Woolwich fans will hijack it just like every other poll under the sun and we'll be left with a stand called The Goonersaurus.

Last edited:
Was more intrigued to know how the changing rooms are gonna be in the new stadium really. Imagine ours will be state of the art, lots of detail that someone says enhances mental/physical performance, etc. Surely the away dressing room will be basic though or is that not done these days?
I'd make the scum change on their team bus and warm up in the car park

I’m waiting for that first email / contact from the club about choosing seating for next season.

THAT will be the moment for me......

tenor.gif

I have some suggestions

The North Stand (providing it's still the family area) - The 'don't say fuck' stand

The East Stand - The Vinny Samways Stand (as this is where most of his passes were headed)

The South Stand - The Step Machine, because going top to bottom would be quite a workout

The West Stand - The Fromagerie, because, well, it has a cheese room. I dismissed the alternative 'Executive Tunnel Stand' as there could be an underlying euphemism there.

I am sure everyone will agree with this so need for that voting crap.

I’d just be extremely boring and call the stands the North, South, East and West. I know, lack of imagination, but I find the naming of stands after ex players a bit cringe.

Do not know why it was called WHL when the ground was bordered by Park Lane, Worcester Avenue , Paxton and High Road. Will Paxton exist or is it entirely built over for the new ground? Personally I would prefer the new ground's name to incorporate the word most associated with our club 'Spurs'

Back
Top Bottom