New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see there's going to be a hotel being built behind the single tier stand. Are we going to own that or sell it off for a profit?

The intention would be to sell it, but that didn't work with Lillywhite House as Levy ramped Sainsbury's into a lease that was over-rented from day one so no investors would buy at the yield he wanted.

The intention would be to sell it, but that didn't work with Lillywhite House as Levy ramped Sainsbury's into a lease that was over-rented from day one so no investors would buy at the yield he wanted.

source.gif

Basically me, who has almost no grasp of economic terms, pretending to look intellectual and understand your post.

The gif should have had the word "Indeed" included.

I know we'll have Premium seats in both the East & West stands at the new stadium, but will there be a "Club Wembley-esque" posher feel to the entire upper tier? And will you be able to access all areas - except the away end - with your ticket?

I know we'll have Premium seats in both the East & West stands at the new stadium, but will there be a "Club Wembley-esque" posher feel to the entire upper tier? And will you be able to access all areas - except the away end - with your ticket?
Upper tier is all general admission as far as I know. It's just the middle tier and lower tier sidelines that are premium seating.

I thought the agreement was for two games/year at the new WHL? Does that start in 2019?

The way the NFL word these deals is weird, its an average of 2 games a year over the next 10 years.
Basically at least 20 games will be played at WHL before 2028, next year night have 1 the after might have 3 etc. Twickenham had a deal for 3 games over 3 years, they've had 3 already with one year left to go (above rumours are for 2 more in 2018, their last year in this deal)

I can't remember the entire pitch that was given to me when I went to the premium viewing SPvRS (??) thing. But as far as I can remember all bar a "few" seats will be "premium seats" in the East & West Stands. The most Expensive areas are:
a) Sky Lounge - Which is located on both East & West right at the very top with views front and back of each lounge, their seats are located upper East and Upper West centre/halfway line (front to back).
b) The Tunnel Club - seats located behind the Tottenham dugout.
c) On Four - This is like a Private members club all the way around on the fourth floor (don't think it includes North stand but could have this wrong and certainly not South), it consists of a variety of restaurants, bars, The 'H' Club and other stuff, all very high end and fucking expensive, this translates into the middle tiers for seats, it also incorporates the boxes. The whole idea behind this is to create a bit of a 'club' feel, encouraging all the expensive parts to mix. The complete opposite of all other grounds which separate everyone and every thing (may be it creates a sense of belonging and a better connection to the club and their bubble of similar fans. e.g Us 'normal' fans enjoy, for the most part, each others fandom when, when we sing or celebrate a goal it's easy to get a hug off the old fart sat next to you....which is great. It will be interesting to see if creates a better atmosphere from the posh seats, worth a try but a long shot.
d) Then there is plain old Premium, these sit outside of those above, so further away from the central areas but still predominantly East and West stand. There is access to bars and restaurants (that some may require pre-booking) but all require payment when used i.e. not inclusive as part of the ticket again I'm led to believe the idea is to mingle and share all the facilities.
e) There are plans to possibly extend this into North Stand but from day one none of this is available and will be felt for "future fit out".
f) There are supposed to be 'normal" seats available in East and West (non-premium) however NO details have been released yet as to how many and whereabouts, other then they will be the furthest out from the centre, so on the fringes of East & West.

Please bare in mind some of this might not be 100% accurate, but it's not too far off.

The way the NFL word these deals is weird, its an average of 2 games a year over the next 10 years.
Basically at least 20 games will be played at WHL before 2028, next year night have 1 the after might have 3 etc. Twickenham had a deal for 3 games over 3 years, they've had 3 already with one year left to go (above rumours are for 2 more in 2018, their last year in this deal)
Cheers!

I can't remember the entire pitch that was given to me when I went to the premium viewing SPvRS (??) thing. But as far as I can remember all bar a "few" seats will be "premium seats" in the East & West Stands. The most Expensive areas are:
a) Sky Lounge - Which is located on both East & West right at the very top with views front and back of each lounge, their seats are located upper East and Upper West centre/halfway line (front to back).
c) On Four - This is like a Private members club all the way around on the fourth floor (don't think it includes North stand but could have this wrong and certainly not South), it consists of a variety of restaurants, bars, The 'H' Club and other stuff, all very high end and fucking expensive, this translates into the middle tiers for seats, it also incorporates the boxes. The whole idea behind this is to create a bit of a 'club' feel, encouraging all the expensive parts to mix. The complete opposite of all other grounds which separate everyone and every thing (may be it creates a sense of belonging and a better connection to the club and their bubble of similar fans. e.g Us 'normal' fans enjoy, for the most part, each others fandom when, when we sing or celebrate a goal it's easy to get a hug off the old fart sat next to you....which is great. It will be interesting to see if creates a better atmosphere from the posh seats, worth a try but a long shot.
d) Then there is plain old Premium, these sit outside of those above, so further away from the central areas but still predominantly East and West stand. There is access to bars and restaurants (that some may require pre-booking) but all require payment when used i.e. not inclusive as part of the ticket again I'm led to believe the idea is to mingle and share all the facilities.
e) There are plans to possibly extend this into North Stand but from day one none of this is available and will be felt for "future fit out".
f) There are supposed to be 'normal" seats available in East and West (non-premium) however NO details have been released yet as to how many and whereabouts, other then they will be the furthest out from the centre, so on the fringes of East & West.

Please bare in mind some of this might not be 100% accurate, but it's not too far off.

Cheers Guido!

"Premium seats, premium seats, give us a song..."

*silence*

Back
Top Bottom