New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it were just the ticket price it wouldn't be quite as bad. Bung the travel, food a drink on and it starts to get ridiculous.
I have told this story a few times, but it highlights the difference in football when i was a kid and now.
I remember on several occasions us going to Spurs and my dad and on seeing one of my mates outside the house ,sending them home to their mum to ask can they come as well.My dad paid them in, got em a programme and chips(as he did me).He was a normal working class bloke who worked as a wood machinist for Schreibers. What averagely paid person could afford to take their kids mates along to football these days?

If it were just the ticket price it wouldn't be quite as bad. Bung the travel, food a drink on and it starts to get ridiculous.

Yep and I’m buying for me and the boy. Once he hits a certain age ...... £200 a game all told? Give or take a twenty. I stopped buying him shirts as well!!

Guess premier league football is a very very expensive hobby now.

My local Step5 grassroots side will be seeing more of my money in the future that’s for sure. Which is no bad thing.

I have told this story a few times, but it highlights the difference in football when i was a kid and now.
I remember on several occasions us going to Spurs and my dad and on seeing one of my mates outside the house ,sending them home to their mum to ask can they come as well.My dad paid them in, got em a programme and chips(as he did me).He was a normal working class bloke who worked as a wood machinist for Schreibers. What averagely paid person could afford to take their kids mates along to football these days?

Yep. Lucky with how much I earn.

Plenty of boys at my football club have never been. Few times have given my tickets to boys and dads / grandads just so they could experience Wembley or NWHL when I couldn’t make it. They were properly made up.

No longer a working class game.

Tickets on the exchange are already paid for .... the harsh truth is they don't need your money ... just somebody's money, and there are a lot of somebodies out there. Our attendance tonight will still be at least 10,000 more than at the Lane, and probably a lot more than that.

I understand that but they're plenty of £1200 - £1500 seats untaken tonight. If that happens 4 or 5 times a season you're looking at an average price of £80 before you've left the home counties. I'm tempted to jack it in and just pick the odd one up when it goes to general sale.

I understand that but they're plenty of £1200 - £1500 seats untaken tonight. If that happens 4 or 5 times a season you're looking at an average price of 80 before you've left the home counties. I'm tempted to jack it in and just pick the odd one up when it goes to general sale.
Don't blame you, when it's £100 quid a game travel, food, ticket going 30 times a year is a big ask. There are a huge number of season ticket holders who only go half the time but who have mates who will take up the spares. That's not a new thing, twenty years ago we had ST's in the SCS who did the same thing ... on more than a few occasions we ended up selling them to 'strangers' cheap ... but that's supply and demand, as long as we're in the EPL demand will be there even if it is different people a lot of the time.

Depends which survey you read but average season ticket prices are roughly

Spurs £1370
Woolwich £1320
Chelsea £922

Is NWHL worth £2 a game more than the Emirates or £18 a game more than Stamford Shithole? that's up to the individual ...

Then there's always West Ham .... half price and a free night in a caravan ....

Last edited:
Many grounds across the country, just not PL - If I took my kids to Southend it will probably be cheaper than taking them to the Odeon.

PL is its own thing and I know you cant change your team but there is affordable football out there and at that level the match day experience would be more like the one you remember.

*My uncle has managed at league 1 and below so seen a fair few games at that level 90% of the football is dross but the match day can be fun.

I consider myself extremely fortunate in living so close to the ground.
Tonight going straight from work, will just pop into Aldi at Bruce Grove and get two malt loaves at a cost of just over a quid. Brought two satsumas from home, so need to buy a drink of any sort. Purchase a programme - therefore an outlay of under a fiver...and will be home by 21.45.
Was seriously thinking of knocking the away games on the head a few years ago because of the cost - but thankfully the 30 quid ticket prices came in.

Spurs £1370
Woolwich £1320
Chelsea £922

Is NWHL worth £2 a game more than the Emirates or £18 a game more than Stamford Shithole? that's up to the individual ...

i think we have less games included in our ST compared to the other two.

Many grounds across the country, just not PL - If I took my kids to Southend it will probably be cheaper than taking them to the Odeon.

PL is its own thing and I know you cant change your team but there is affordable football out there and at that level the match day experience would be more like the one you remember.

*My uncle has managed at league 1 and below so seen a fair few games at that level 90% of the football is dross but the match day can be fun.
All fair points,as someone who does non league i know there are cheaper options.
But i meant Spurs, just worded it badly. :)

All fair points,as someone who does non league i know there are cheaper options.
But i meant Spurs, just worded it badly. :)
I have tried to get into following other teams (Orient when I was in Bow and now Southend) but its no where near the same. Once the boy is old enough and i go to a few more (Judas fucking off permitting) with mates perhaps i will get a bit more involved but as it is i just dont care if they win or lose.

I have tried to get into following other teams (Orient when I was in Bow and now Southend) but its no where near the same. Once the boy is old enough and i go to a few more (Judas fucking off permitting) with mates perhaps i will get a bit more involved but as it is i just dont care if they win or lose.
Yeah, i get that totally.
It's not the same.

Junior tickets £12 on the day, adults £25. Football is expensive at all levels.

Even at my local club Hereford (National League North - tier 6) it's £14 for an adult.

Had a look at AC Milans financials earlier (I know, what a sad life I lead) and their matchday revenue was €35.3m, so roughly £29m when converted. Our new place is expected to generate over £100m per season regarding matchday revenue so even with the money we owe each season to pay off the debt, rumoured to be about £30m we still see £40m more for our efforts compared to teams like AC Milan.

Going to Stevenage (bottom of league 2) on Saturday in the away end with a mate. It's £22. I could have got a ticket for Southampton away at same time for a tenner!

I consider myself extremely fortunate in living so close to the ground.
Tonight going straight from work, will just pop into Aldi at Bruce Grove and get two malt loaves at a cost of just over a quid. Brought two satsumas from home, so need to buy a drink of any sort. Purchase a programme - therefore an outlay of under a fiver...and will be home by 21.45.
Was seriously thinking of knocking the away games on the head a few years ago because of the cost - but thankfully the 30 quid ticket prices came in.

I also live around the corner and therefore have zero transport costs to factor in. It's still a ridiculous amount of money.

Don't blame you, when it's £100 quid a game travel, food, ticket going 30 times a year is a big ask. There are a huge number of season ticket holders who only go half the time but who have mates who will take up the spares. That's not a new thing, twenty years ago we had ST's in the SCS who did the same thing ... on more than a few occasions we ended up selling them to 'strangers' cheap ... but that's supply and demand, as long as we're in the EPL demand will be there even if it is different people a lot of the time.

Depends which survey you read but average season ticket prices are roughly

Spurs £1370
Woolwich £1320
Chelsea £922

But that Woolwich number includes 7 SEVEN cup games.

Draught guiness in the shelf bar. There goes the irish centre
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom