New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dims
I remember when this was cutting edge technology...

Delivered nothing?!

Fuck me.

He overachieved with this team, he did do much too quick and simply succeeded in raising expectations.

In my opinion, Mourinho isn't going to last much longer than eighteen months here. It was a gamble on Levy's part. Should have stuck with Poch or went for a younger manager.

Hopefully it won't be too long before Levy and ENIC are out the door. One trophy under their tenure. One. That's on them, about time some on here woke the fuck up!

Oh and COYS!

Anything was a gamble at that point, sticking with Poch, Moaninho but especially a younger manager.

of course, but nevertheless the club should be mindful that if people are buying ST's, can't go and then can't even sell on exchange that it's not going to last forever.

Seems to work fine at the Emirates though.....

Club are still getting their money with ST holders and think there are probably plenty of others who would pick up churn of a few thousand each season.

Hopefully the club don’t put up ST prices if (when) we are not in the CL next season.

Because the current ST and matchday pricing isn't sustainable.
Why? .... Woolwich have a far worse stadium, worse results, worse fans and higher overall prices ... if they can still sell tickets so will we. The argument that it's not sustainable is just a mindset not grounded in reality ... remember this:

Nobody will renew at those prices - yet record renewals
They won't sell the high end - yet sold out and a big waiting list
Fans won't buy food and drink in a stadium - yet facilities turnover 200% above target

All doom and gloom predictions all so far wrong ....

Why? .... Woolwich have a far worse stadium, worse results, worse fans and higher overall prices ... if they can still sell tickets so will we. The argument that it's not sustainable is just a mindset not grounded in reality ... remember this:

Fans won't buy food and drink in a stadium - yet facilities turnover 200% above target

It’s an argument which I don’t think can necessarily be countered by comparison to the nomads. They have a far bigger fan base than us so can likely find far more people willing to keep paying inflated prices year after year. One metric is their twitter following amounts to over 15 million - ours? 4 million.

As for the top end selling out and having a waIting list, the VERY top end has. Tunnel club which costs £90k for 2 tickets for the first 3 years of membership. It has 110 available places which are all full and yes they have a waiting list.
However this is still on the ticketing site...

PREMIUM EXPERIENCES

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium– Final Seasonal Premium Options Remain

You can still secure your place at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium with an Executive Membership.”

So it would appear that executive memberships haven’t sold out and therefore it’s unlikely there is any waiting list for them.

Whilst I hope for the clubs sake that the current level of pricing and subscription is viable long term it remains to be proven.

I know anecdotally of a couple of box holders from WHL who didn’t renew due to price.
I personally am not going to renew my 1882 ST. I took the opportunity to get it so I could be assured of being in the south stand for the opening. Kept it this year as a means of getting to games I wanted. But now it seems it’s possible to get most of the games I want with relative ease I see no need for it. It’s also not worth the extra cost over regular ST’s in my view, and the atmosphere in the section is generally pretty shit.

There’s usually more than one side to an argument.

Not sure who said “nobody” will renew? A madman???
The first season back and more ST holders than ever before. Record renewals not that difficult when you are going back to the best stadium in the world.

“high end sold out”. I sit on the same level as East level4. Not one game has that been anywhere near full. Including Ajax and City games. Ajax game from my seat could actually see about 100 Ajax fans who had clearly bought corporate for that game. I will photo it tonight. I reckon 20% full.

And I think fans always buy food and drink in the stadium. Even at the old place. Which was shit.

Your bias for the club sometimes ruins your posts.

We are in a great stadium. But we also have the best team we have had in decades.

What will get worse quicker? - the team or the stadium - at this point my money is on the team.

Think then we will sell out big games but struggle with the lesser. Like our CL game earlier this season. Weekdays rather than weekends will continue to be our weak spot for crowds. Would we fill the stadium for EL games for 5 years on the spin. Probably not. I was among the mid 20k crowds at EL games.

Hopefully we stay at the top of the tree. But highlighting the Emirates with their false reporting on fans attendance is not the best way to do it. They sell tickets but people don’t go. Is this
the future we want ??

Club are still getting their money with ST holders and think there are probably plenty of others who would pick up churn of a few thousand each season.

Hopefully the club don’t put up ST prices if (when) we are not in the CL next season.

They have a much larger casual fan base to tap into. There are hundreds of tickets on exchange tonight that will remain unsold.

Corp is nowhere near sold out.

If they have the nerve to the put prices up they'll never get my money again

They have a much larger casual fan base to tap into. There are hundreds of tickets on exchange tonight that will remain unsold.

Tickets on the exchange are already paid for .... the harsh truth is they don't need your money ... just somebody's money, and there are a lot of somebodies out there. Our attendance tonight will still be at least 10,000 more than at the Lane, and probably a lot more than that.

The general consesus is no unfortunately. The club said during the closed season that we need to keep our access cards for at least the next 2 seasons. That suggests that they aren't considering mass movements. Which I think is a shame. People now have a decent idea of whether they are in the wrong sections for their personal enjoyment.

they originally said summer of 2020 though yeah?

Have they ever updated that? - I’ve not seen it if they did

Seems likely to me that they will - as long as arse or Chelsea have a hike we will. He might not like the publicity of us doing it on our own. But with wages growth at 3.6% he will reason that at least a 2% hike will be swallowed maybe up to 4%

Once upon a time I gave up smoking - when prices hit a certain point.

I am reaching a similar point with football. Shame as Spurs will always be my first love.

Personally think if goes over £50+ ticket for a CAT C game would be me done. And I’m currently at £50 on the dot.

Would ask to move my current seat based on that basis but will be surprised if the club let me. Areas currently would move to either £42 or £45 for CatC so it’s really a matter of time before I'm prices out of football.

But that’s fair enough. That’s life. Fact is I have other things I want/need to spend it on.

There are plenty of others who will pay that amount though. Also a fact of life. Currently some people paying £80 for a CAT C game!!

Seems likely to me that they will - as long as arse or Chelsea have a hike we will. He might not like the publicity of us doing it on our own. But with wages growth at 3.6% he will reason that at least a 2% hike will be swallowed maybe up to 4%

If the others don’t then I think we will stay as we are for now.
BUT with no CL maybe more cash will be welcomed.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed prices stay as they are anyway.

Once upon a time I gave up smoking - when prices hit a certain point.

I am reaching a similar point with football. Shame as Spurs will always be my first love.

Personally think if goes over £50+ ticket for a CAT C game would be me done. And I’m currently at £50 on the dot.

Would ask to move my current seat based on that basis but will be surprised if the club let me. Areas currently would move to either £42 or £45 for CatC so it’s really a matter of time before I'm prices out of football.

But that’s fair enough. That’s life. Fact is I have other things I want/need to spend it on.

There are plenty of others who will pay that amount though. Also a fact of life. Currently some people paying £80 for a CAT C game!!

If it were just the ticket price it wouldn't be quite as bad. Bung the travel, food a drink on and it starts to get ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom