New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sad to say that I’m really disappointed with the people around me in my ST, apart from the lads in the row in front.

Behind me I have this shrill lady who goes between screaming high pitch, calling players c**ts or shit and tutting every ball. She’s literally directly behind me. To the left of me is a group who change every game, I’ve not had the same person next to me one single game. The latest guy today was so unbelievably negative it was starting to get to me. Shouting out loud “Foyth you are so shit” or replace Foyth with whatever player and he probably said it. So much so it caused the old bloke in front to turn round and give him a stare.

It’s actually starting to affect my experience so much so I’m considering not renewing. I mean I will, but if I could relocate I would 100% do so, even if it meant not being in the Park Lane.

Anyone else had a similar experience? I pray it’s not like this in other areas!!!

Sad to say that I’m really disappointed with the people around me in my ST, apart from the lads in the row in front.

Behind me I have this shrill lady who goes between screaming high pitch, calling players c**ts or shit and tutting every ball. She’s literally directly behind me. To the left of me is a group who change every game, I’ve not had the same person next to me one single game. The latest guy today was so unbelievably negative it was starting to get to me. Shouting out loud “Foyth you are so shit” or replace Foyth with whatever player and he probably said it. So much so it caused the old bloke in front to turn round and give him a stare.

It’s actually starting to affect my experience so much so I’m considering not renewing. I mean I will, but if I could relocate I would 100% do so, even if it meant not being in the Park Lane.

Anyone else had a similar experience? I pray it’s not like this in other areas!!!
Just stick with it mate. I've sat in all 4 corners of the stadium for over 45yrs, and that has been the same experience I've had constantly throughout that time, some worse than others.

I'm in your camp, by that I mean I can't stand people slagging off our own players etc. I can't stand the simplistic way people view football (this I know is my problem more than it theirs) but sitting close to someone who's only words that come out of their mouths is "forwards" whilst we are building play from the back infuriates me.

Best thing to do is to confront them. It clears the air, I've managed to have a laugh with some of them eventually, one such bloke I still meet up with today this day. IMO you only really get to know someone when you get the opportunity to thrash it out so to speak. There was a miserable bastard who sat behind me for years, both me and the bloke I sat next to used to get so wound up that one day he flipped (bloke next to me), spun around and the two of them ended up exchanging blows. What followed was him apologising and buying everyone around him a beer at the next game, from that moment onwards everyone got on like a house on fire. He was still a negative bastard but it became an in-joke rather than an irritation.

In fact, the only time I've not been able to sort things out with a fellow ST was one who told me to be quiet!! He didn't like me making a noise at the game!! We had a right old exchange of words but never spoke again, I carried on making a noise, he carried on sitting behind me.

Anyway, don't let it fester as it will ruin your experience. You will not be the only one who feels this way too, so give it a go, nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Don't blame me though if you get stabbed. lol

Yep Charge, I agree with you and with Guido - there's a lot of moaning Minnies about. It's the same in Paxton (420).
And what seems to be even worse atm is buggers getting out of their seats every 5 minutes - people literally can't sit still for 45 minutes. Or they miss 20 minutes every match because they've got to go and buy some food or go home early.
As others have said on here, I wish the club would allow some movement in the STs, but that doesn't seem to be likely.

The family in front of me smell like they haven’t bathed in 2 months. I know that’s a nasty thing to say but the truth is the truth. The father of the family bring his own handwritten league table to every game and updates it at half time and full time. Each week, a fresh brand new a4 handwritten league table, it’s pretty bizarre.

The fella next to me spends most the game complaining that all the members (not ST’s)are selfish for standing and that nobody used to stand at the old WHL (I sit in the park lane).

Wanna swap?

The family in front of me smell like they haven’t bathed in 2 months. I know that’s a nasty thing to say but the truth is the truth. The father of the family bring his own handwritten league table to every game and updates it at half time and full time. Each week, a fresh brand new a4 handwritten league table, it’s pretty bizarre.

The fella next to me spends most the game complaining that all the members (not ST’s)are selfish for standing and that nobody used to stand at the old WHL (I sit in the park lane).

Wanna swap?

Hmm yeah doesn't sound great!!

Yeah I guess I need to just try and zone it out. Obviously it's fine when we're winning!

Oh, I forgot the best quote from today... "well there's no point in just passing it!" :deledoubt:

I must be very lucky. I have a couple of miserable old gits behind me but they do get behind the team. Most around me are very decent and positive. 517.

I dread to think what the guy next to me thinks about me, I have offered to provide ear plugs. In front of me have been different people every time, so that's a bit of a result. My language deteriorates in direct correlation with our performance!

One thing I noticed especially today was the amount of people still not in their seats for HT kick-off. Bloody thousands of them. Very distracting and affects the atmosphere.

Move your arses you fuckers!

One thing I noticed especially today was the amount of people still not in their seats for HT kick-off. Bloody thousands of them. Very distracting and affects the atmosphere.

Move your arses you fuckers!

Yep this is a real issue. Was the same even vs City. Takes a good 5 mins for the game to get going.

I did notice though that the tannoy in the actual concourses seems to have got louder today. I remember being a bit shocked at how quiet it was saying "please return to your seats" at previous matches. Hopefully with a louder tannoy and people figuring out which bars to go to it'll improve.

I thought I was in an OAP section with the people surrounding me. And the people directly to my sides are always different.

Yep this is a real issue. Was the same even vs City. Takes a good 5 mins for the game to get going.

I did notice though that the tannoy in the actual concourses seems to have got louder today. I remember being a bit shocked at how quiet it was saying "please return to your seats" at previous matches. Hopefully with a louder tannoy and people figuring out which bars to go to it'll improve.
The bottom centre of the East Stand was totally deserted at half time. What is it with people that they can't go 90 minutes without stuffing their faces? Blimey, how would they have survived back when the only 'food' available was a bag of peanuts?!?! I reckon some people only see half a game, why bother?

The bottom centre of the East Stand was totally deserted at half time. What is it with people that they can't go 90 minutes without stuffing their faces? Blimey, how would they have survived back when the only 'food' available was a bag of peanuts?!?! I reckon some people only see half a game, why bother?
Exactly Mrs P. I really don't get it either - this necessity to guzzle down a HT pint, queue for ages just to stuff your face with some manky pie, etc. Fair enough a HT piss and chat with your mate, but the sheer amount of people who were still streaming in gone 50mins was a joke today. Plus the amount of people who buggered off around 85 mins was equally a joke. Early kick-off, only 1-0 down in a derby - what's the bloody rush and anything can happen. I so wish Janssen had equalised to teach some of them a lesson.
Honestly, I despair sometimes with 'modern' football - and I'm not even old!

I used to have a worse experience in the old White Hart Lane. Some old bag used to tap me on the shoulder whenever I stood up. It led me to sit down whenever the whole tier was up. For years I could not see to accommodate this piece of human garbage who would always say her embarrassed looking daughter couldn't see either. I once stood up to let people passed and she tapped me. I asked her to stop touching me, or I would make a complaint. She never did touch me again and I stopped sitting down all the time.

Back
Top Bottom