New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Joined the ranks of those who wanted to see how the bottoms up pint glasses work and subsequently lost a third of a pint on the floor :goonermong:

I did the same!! Managed to lose half a pint of Neck Oil on my £500 suede trainers!! (got them cheap, not bragging)

Livid.

Sad to say that I’m really disappointed with the people around me in my ST, apart from the lads in the row in front.

Behind me I have this shrill lady who goes between screaming high pitch, calling players c**ts or shit and tutting every ball. She’s literally directly behind me. To the left of me is a group who change every game, I’ve not had the same person next to me one single game. The latest guy today was so unbelievably negative it was starting to get to me. Shouting out loud “Foyth you are so shit” or replace Foyth with whatever player and he probably said it. So much so it caused the old bloke in front to turn round and give him a stare.

It’s actually starting to affect my experience so much so I’m considering not renewing. I mean I will, but if I could relocate I would 100% do so, even if it meant not being in the Park Lane.

Anyone else had a similar experience? I pray it’s not like this in other areas!!!

I found in those situations that applauding loudly shouting “Unlucky Son Head Up” every time they are targeted gets infectious.

Others around you who have also had enough will join in.

Hi
Got a ticket for next week and it says on the booking '1882 package'.
Any idea if this includes anything different? Or is it just the seat?

Thanks all

I was sat up in 501 on Saturday and had a few observations about the stadium:

• We got in about 15 minutes after the stadium opened and, because our entrance was right in the corner by the south stand, we went straight to the market place. First time I've been in there and was nice to see the other food options. Was quiet when we first got in, but soon filled up, and by about 11ish there were cordoning it off to anyone new that came in, and then also closing off the entire south stand area to anyone from outside there shortly afterwards. It's a shame they have to do this, but can see how it'd get too busy. Must be a bit crap for those who sit in the South where arrive after this though, as the bars on the upper levels are a bit disappointing in comparison.

• After leaving the market place we went to the Beavertown bar. I'd been before so knew what to expect, but getting back to 501 from there is a bit of a pain in the arse when you can't go back through the south stand. We went up to the top level and walked round that way, as it seemed less busy.

• From the south west corner, the screens at the northern end of the stadium look terrible. It looks like you're viewing them through a net or something. I know the one above the away fans isn't like that normally because I was down that end for the Palace game and it looked perfect.

• The block we were in must be the one that houses some of the 1882 lot as the entrance to the bar was right by our nearest vomitory. Look like they don't open the doors to their bar until bang on half time because there was a big queue of people waiting to get in as we headed to get a drink.

• The sound doesn't carry brilliantly from the south stand. We were right above it to the left hand side, and couldn't even make out the words sometimes. This may have been because the atmosphere was poor though. Couldn't really hear the West Ham fans either

I was sat up in 501 on Saturday and had a few observations about the stadium:

• We got in about 15 minutes after the stadium opened and, because our entrance was right in the corner by the south stand, we went straight to the market place. First time I've been in there and was nice to see the other food options. Was quiet when we first got in, but soon filled up, and by about 11ish there were cordoning it off to anyone new that came in, and then also closing off the entire south stand area to anyone from outside there shortly afterwards. It's a shame they have to do this, but can see how it'd get too busy. Must be a bit crap for those who sit in the South where arrive after this though, as the bars on the upper levels are a bit disappointing in comparison.

• After leaving the market place we went to the Beavertown bar. I'd been before so knew what to expect, but getting back to 501 from there is a bit of a pain in the arse when you can't go back through the south stand. We went up to the top level and walked round that way, as it seemed less busy.

• From the south west corner, the screens at the northern end of the stadium look terrible. It looks like you're viewing them through a net or something. I know the one above the away fans isn't like that normally because I was down that end for the Palace game and it looked perfect.

• The block we were in must be the one that houses some of the 1882 lot as the entrance to the bar was right by our nearest vomitory. Look like they don't open the doors to their bar until bang on half time because there was a big queue of people waiting to get in as we headed to get a drink.

• The sound doesn't carry brilliantly from the south stand. We were right above it to the left hand side, and couldn't even make out the words sometimes. This may have been because the atmosphere was poor though. Couldn't really hear the West Ham fans either

Any negative points then?

:pochrolleyes:

I'm in the south end of the east upper and there does seem to be something wrong with the NW screen. Hopefully Daniel took out the Currys extended warranty.

Hi
Got a ticket for next week and it says on the booking '1882 package'.
Any idea if this includes anything different? Or is it just the seat?

Thanks all

Hi, the club insist that only the original member is entitled to the extra benefits of the 1882 ticket. As such if someone shares their 1882 ticket or you buy one from the TE then you aren't entitled to the free beer and burger, or to use the bar, or get a free program.

One chap who I shared my ticket to did say he managed to get into the bar before the game, but it's not like that's a major perk. It's just a bar, no seats or anything.

Bang out of order if you ask me. If you're buying an 1882 ticket you should get the perks IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom