New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For anyone interest. Brighton fans have a thread for the new gaff & are waxing lyrical about it. 9 pages so far:

For anyone interest. Brighton fans have a thread for the new gaff & are waxing lyrical about it. 9 pages so far:

I also think a few shelves to put your pint on while eating your pie would be a good idea....

That's the sort of useful feedback I like to see. None of this "Excellent WIFI" rubbish.

Not the stadium specifically... but, does the pitch cause the ball to stick under people's feet as they're trying to dribble? Have noticed it a few times the last few games. Especially with Son and Lucas.

Could end up getting naughty here judging by some of the comments;

The Spurs fans behind us in Corporate were horrible, being offensive and aggressive at the end of the game. Not sure our fans bothered reacting, but it would be a big flash point at some games (they play West Ham on Saturday). Would not be surprised if they have a problem with this soon.

and

Anyone else think the tier above us was really low, or had a much greater overhang than elsewhere? When they scored and their fans started hanging over the edge giving it large, they felt really close - looking forward to seeing how that pans out when West Ham/Woolwich are in town.

The Spurs fans behind us in Corporate were horrible, being offensive and aggressive at the end of the game. Not sure our fans bothered reacting, but it would be a big flash point at some games (they play West Ham on Saturday). Would not be surprised if they have a problem with this soon.

and

Anyone else think the tier above us was really low, or had a much greater overhang than elsewhere? When they scored and their fans started hanging over the edge giving it large, they felt really close - looking forward to seeing how that pans out when West Ham/Woolwich are in town.
I'm pretty sure that the North middle tier, which is above part of the away end, isn't corporate which certainly adds to the potential for issues.

and

I sit in Row 8 of block 517 and can see the away fans on the East side but not the North side as they are directly below. The corporate areas are directly behind the back row of the away section on the East side. There really isn't a lot of space between the 2 sections which is separated by what looks like an 8 foot perspex wall and a walkway. There were incidents in this area for both Palace and City. Can certainly see there being bigger flashpoints on Saturday. There is no overhang so very little segregation.

D4lEOk_XkAERx3J.jpg

May have already been posted but we are unbeaten in 27 in N17. 25 wins from 27 with 21 consecutive wins. Up until Burnley we had the best away record in the division. If only we could put these two records together at the same time! We are so close. Winning the CL could be the start of something very special.

I'm pretty sure that the North middle tier, which is above part of the away end, isn't corporate which certainly adds to the potential for issues.

It’s not corporate.

Its one of the main reasons I got tickets there - to be close to the away fans for some atmosphere as I got bored off my tits at Wembley.

Imagine derbies the seats in the east stand will have issues. Seen a few arguments in that area already.
And that’s been without any offensive chanting which West Ham are bound to do at some point based on previous games.

Fun and games on Saturday for sure.

When tickets were easy to get hold of ST holders were the bedrock of our support. Now it’s the exact opposite. The club has sold too many and alienated the members who don’t appreciate being made to jump through hoops for other people’s scraps. I accept I’m in the minority, but I’d rather watch a game in the pub where I’m not being told to sit down, shut up, and paying £80 for the privilege.

In the past, buying a season ticket was a measure of one’s commitment, now it’s just a beach towel manoeuvre.

Great post and sums up my thoughts exactly.

When tickets were easy to get hold of ST holders were the bedrock of our support. Now it’s the exact opposite. The club has sold too many and alienated the members who don’t appreciate being made to jump through hoops for other people’s scraps. I accept I’m in the minority, but I’d rather watch a game in the pub where I’m not being told to sit down, shut up, and paying £80 for the privilege.

In the past, buying a season ticket was a measure of one’s commitment, now it’s just a beach towel maneuver.

Has been for a very long time, I kept two home and away ST going for several years even after moving 5,000 miles away in 2004. It guaranteed me tickets for the few games I made every year and when I was away they were sold/given away to other SCS fans. I only stopped doing this when someone at the club arranged to transfer them to a friend. In hindsight I wish very much that I still had them, but giving them up to an 'ever present' was the right thing to do.

The issue is that for far more people than you might think 1,200 pounds a year is an expense they can live with, even if that means they attend just a dozen or so games a year ...

The club are not going to turn that money down, they are looking at ways of ensuring that unused ST get back into the hands of members, hence the ticket exchange.

One thing I fundamentally disagree with you about, ST holders are still the bedrock of our support, sure a few thousand may be company corporate with little or no interest in our club, but at least 30,000 are die-hard Spurs through and through ... remember nearly 90% of WHL ST holders are now NWHL season ticket holders (the others probably died off) these are not 'beach towelers' but lifetime fans .... yes their certainly are more prawn sandwich fans, but off the additional 26,000 at NWHL they will be a relatively small percentage.

As for 'alienated the members who don’t appreciate being made to jump through hoops' there were around 700 tickets unsold on the exchange for Brighton, any member could have bought these, it wasn't supposed to be that hard. But I don't know if that's true, so was it that difficult?

I think the charge of £4.50 ( think that is right) as an Admin fee for each ticket on Exchange is just a Piss Take too far. Think it is £1.75 for a "normal" ticket purchase. I know it wont stop someone buying the ticket who really wants it, but really ? Where does the extra cost come from ? They are both online and purchased from the same system.

Also, think the complete lack of respect for those who had higher loyalty points as members is something that the Club has lost Kudos for. They really need to check the meaning of "loyalty" in the dictionary. Years and years worth of dedicated match going, fighting for tickets at the reduced capacity WHL, multiple trips to Wembley. Apparently, in the eyes of the Club, fook you, it all means nothing.

I think the charge of £4.50 ( think that is right) as an Admin fee for each ticket on Exchange is just a Piss Take too far. Think it is £1.75 for a "normal" ticket purchase. I know it wont stop someone buying the ticket who really wants it, but really ? Where does the extra cost come from ? They are both online and purchased from the same system.

Also, think the complete lack of respect for those who had higher loyalty points as members is something that the Club has lost Kudos for. They really need to check the meaning of "loyalty" in the dictionary. Years and years worth of dedicated match going, fighting for tickets at the reduced capacity WHL, multiple trips to Wembley. Apparently, in the eyes of the Club, fook you, it all means nothing.

The club did look up loyalty... That's why they've changed the loyalty points to ticketing points. It's the same things as we don't get membership numbers it's client reference numbers.

Just a few ways to disassociate the club and being a loyal fan, they'd rather you're a customer.

Back
Top Bottom