New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ticket question....as a One Hotspur+ member who has yet again go nowhere trying to get tickets for a game...are tickets available (yes at obscene prices) on stubhub legit or is it likely you pay for something that doesn’t let you in?

Ticket question....as a One Hotspur+ member who has yet again go nowhere trying to get tickets for a game...are tickets available (yes at obscene prices) on stubhub legit or is it likely you pay for something that doesn’t let you in?

Keep trying the ticket exchange. The odd one or two do come up from time to time. Or go 'premium'.

Probably legit tickets, but I think that the club are within their rights to cancel them and refuse entry. Stubhub are on the (very long) list of unauthorised resellers (aka touts) listed at Official Sellers & Unauthorised Ticket Information and should be avoided at all costs. Don't encourage them.

The danger is that you are 'caught' at the gates, so at best have wasted your money, at worst are blacklisted for future tickets.

Official Sellers & Unauthorised Ticket Information

Plenty of 'scam' sites come and go all the time, so if you must buy use a very secure payment method ...

there were loads for Brighton - rather than that perhaps look up 1882 on the exchange, think they were £90 for brighton may be a way of paying over the odds but not getting stung.

there were loads for Brighton - rather than that perhaps look up 1882 on the exchange, think they were £90 for brighton may be a way of paying over the odds but not getting stung.
There's tickets for the West Ham game available for under £80 via the ticket exchange on the official site right now

There's tickets for the West Ham game available for under £80 via the ticket exchange on the official site right now

Listen at us. “Under £80” like that’s a bargain. We’ve gone mad with the world.

The trouble is there isn’t a large enough local fan base to fill the stadium regularly. So we rely on fans clients from further afield.

But with that comes extra cost of travel and ancilliary costs.

I reckon it costs me a conservative £50 to attend one match (excluding ticket price). Probably £70 if I bring my daughter. That’s well over a grand a season on top of the match ticket price.

So let’s assume 19 matches at £80 plus £50, that would equal £2.5k. That’s without cup games and Europe. I suppose it’s no wonder some people who have the luxury will pick and choose. The size of the stadium has determined that will happen in my eyes.

Not that it’s a bad thing from the clubs point of view because they are making money all ways round. Whether it’s a die hard, dyed in the wool, fully COYS fan, or a never seen before and never to be seen again American day tripper (Zach Effron), they have their wedge.

Having said all that I was surprised that the Brighton game didn’t sell out so early in the life of our much vaunted and highly anticipated new home.

Not sure if this sets a dangerous precident but I am one of a group of 6 season ticket holders sitting together, will withhold where for now. At various points more than one of us will be unable to attend certain games, obviously the exchange is available to us and has worked for some of us for certain games, I only have a few spurs supporting mates outside of the 6 of us that we have gifted the tickets to at a couple of games in our network. I would be interested in expanding our network by only a few people that would be interested in the option of getting tickets together (the remainder of us can shuffle around to accommodate). Tickets would be face value at most obviously and would rely on initial trust on both parties but going forward would mean there would be regular reserves in a regular seat if any of us can't make it and as we would get to know each other would make things easier. If anyone things this is a bad idea feel free to shoot me down and if anyone is interested please PM me. I just think if people are struggling to eat seats together/tickets aren't getting sold/were not getting reimbursed for games we can't make for whatever reason this may be a way forward

Listen at us. “Under £80” like that’s a bargain. We’ve gone mad with the world.

The trouble is there isn’t a large enough local fan base to fill the stadium regularly. So we rely on fans clients from further afield.

But with that comes extra cost of travel and ancilliary costs.

I reckon it costs me a conservative £50 to attend one match (excluding ticket price). Probably £70 if I bring my daughter. That’s well over a grand a season on top of the match ticket price.

So let’s assume 19 matches at £80 plus £50, that would equal £2.5k. That’s without cup games and Europe. I suppose it’s no wonder some people who have the luxury will pick and choose. The size of the stadium has determined that will happen in my eyes.

Not that it’s a bad thing from the clubs point of view because they are making money all ways round. Whether it’s a die hard, dyed in the wool, fully COYS fan, or a never seen before and never to be seen again American day tripper (Zach Effron), they have their wedge.

Having said all that I was surprised that the Brighton game didn’t sell out so early in the life of our much vaunted and highly anticipated new home.

I disagree about the point about not a large enough local fan base to fill the stadium. I live 10 mins from the stadium and most people around here support spurs. The problem is the pricing. Many people sadly have been priced out. One of my mates had a spare in the park lane and the FV was 75£. I asked around and its just to expensive for most local spurs fans i know to afford. The club would prefer a wealthy fan from abroad who would go spend £200 quid on merch and lots of money in the ground. Then a local fan who would get a kebab on the high road and drink in the coaches. That is the modern football model.

I disagree about the point about not a large enough local fan base to fill the stadium. I live 10 mins from the stadium and most people around here support spurs. The problem is the pricing. Many people sadly have been priced out. One of my mates had a spare in the park lane and the FV was 75£. I asked around and its just to expensive for most local spurs fans i know to afford. The club would prefer a wealthy fan from abroad who would go spend £200 quid on merch and lots of money in the ground. Then a local fan who would get a kebab on the high road and drink in the coaches. That is the modern football model.

Said this point for years now, the club must hate me. Before this season I used to rock up to the ground and get in for kick off, maybe buy a beer at half time then go to the pub after. They'd make more money (and prefer obviously) on fans who goes to maybe 1-2 games a year and spends £100's in the shop to be using my ticket week in week out.
But having said that, the way they've done the ground they're certainly been getting my beer money before and after the game, can't see that changing for while either to be honest.

The club should allocate at least 1000 STs for locals at discounted prices.

Back
Top Bottom