New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy apologist. Rodney.

No I just took the time to read and understand the stadium planning application so I understand what is being delivered when.....and it didn't take long to realise that being constrained by time we would delay finishing cosmetic bits if necessary.

So when I post its from some knowledge.

No I just took the time to read and understand the stadium planning application so I understand what is being delivered when.....and it didn't take long to realise that being constrained by time we would delay finishing cosmetic bits if necessary.

So when I post its from some knowledge.
Fair play mate.

46788578021_83151ed6f4_b.jpg

Cladding on the half of the ticket office not clad in brick (not dissimilar to that on Tottenham Experience) is well underway. Should be finished next week I'd have thought

Hearing from a mate who uses Spurs Od that somebody called 'El Pezza' is claiming we won't be in the stadium till October!?

:pochbye:

2020?

Seriously though, this is reminding me of what is happening with Berlin's new airport

Whatever happened to Berlin’s deserted ‘ghost’ airport?

Dozens of gates are ready for aeroplanes to pull in. Information screens display simulated real-time flight information. Gleaming terminals stand waiting for passengers to walk through them.

Berlin’s Brandenburg Willy Brandt Airport (BER) looks exactly like every other major modern airport in Europe, except for one big problem: more than seven years after it was originally supposed to open, it still stands empty. There are no passengers using it.

The first major sign something was wrong came in summer 2010, when the corporation running construction, the state- and federally-controlled Flughafen Berlin-Brandenburg, pushed the opening from October 2011 to June 2012. In 2012, it really did look like the airport would open: the city planned a ceremony which would have been attended by Chancellor Angela Merkel. But less than a month beforehand, inspectors found significant problems with the fire safety system and pushed the opening back again to 2013

2020?

Seriously though, this is reminding me of what is happening with Berlin's new airport

Whatever happened to Berlin’s deserted ‘ghost’ airport?

Dozens of gates are ready for aeroplanes to pull in. Information screens display simulated real-time flight information. Gleaming terminals stand waiting for passengers to walk through them.

Berlin’s Brandenburg Willy Brandt Airport (BER) looks exactly like every other major modern airport in Europe, except for one big problem: more than seven years after it was originally supposed to open, it still stands empty. There are no passengers using it.

The first major sign something was wrong came in summer 2010, when the corporation running construction, the state- and federally-controlled Flughafen Berlin-Brandenburg, pushed the opening from October 2011 to June 2012. In 2012, it really did look like the airport would open: the city planned a ceremony which would have been attended by Chancellor Angela Merkel. But less than a month beforehand, inspectors found significant problems with the fire safety system and pushed the opening back again to 2013

Can I just say, appreciate there maybe some superficial similarities, but Berlin airport is entirely different and a totally unfair comparison.

Berlin is widely considered to be the worst major project in recent history, having failed on virtually every metric and for pretty much every stakeholder involved.

The progress at Spurs stadium has been rapid, as anyone in the construction and engineering game will tell you. When I went to visit the site last summer the PM team were already talking February even through the club was still talking about October publicly. There are all sorts of reasons for not being open and honest on big public projects, it rarely does you any favours.

The safety system issue is a real one and has added a bit of time, its true. Otherwise however, to develop a building of that complexity in a constrained site at such speed has been pretty impressive. Not perfect, but far from being a disaster,and a million times better than Berlin.

Whatever the reasons are i think the fact that one side is still to have framework installed is pretty poor at this late stage.

Hmmmm so that original construction plans say to be installed May-August 2019 and you're disappointed it's not done in January 2019 ... you're a hard man to please ... but I take your point, it's all a bit frustrating ....

Hmmmm so that original construction plans say to be installed May-August 2019 and you're disappointed it's not done in January 2019 ... you're a hard man to please ... but I take your point, it's all a bit frustrating ....
I am a hard bastard ha ha - i already admitted it was through frustration. There's a plastic C word fan in a pub i use and without fail he will mention the stadium and the fact it's not done yet. I just want tthe fucking thing done! and it IS late.

Back
Top Bottom