New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pics from RAC Roofing and Cladding - suppliers of Spurs Ticket Office
Bronze Cladding :

DxG-WA8WoAADYDe.jpg

Blue Grey Roofing
DvwNYagXcAAmNG2.jpg

Per SSC a twitter claim that Spurs have taken Tyco (main suppliers of the fire safety systems) to an Adjudication, but lost,

(NB. An Adjudication is a dispute resolution mechanism in the UK's construction industry for fast dispute resolutions)

Per SSC a twitter claim that Spurs have taken Tyco (main suppliers of the fire safety systems) to an Adjudication, but lost,

(NB. An Adjudication is a dispute resolution mechanism in the UK's construction industry for fast dispute resolutions)

Same guy says that the control panel is fucked and won’t be ready for up to 6 months.

Which is somewhat at odds to any news of safety certificates being signed off.

If I'd posted on here last May, when everyone started eagerly shelling out on therir new season tickets, that we'd still be at Wembley 9 months later, you'd have said exactly the same thing.
To be fair, your record on the subject of the stadium is so laughable, even you would have told yourself you're talking shite

Same guy says that the control panel is fucked and won’t be ready for up to 6 months.

Which is somewhat at odds to any news of safety certificates being signed off.

Ahhh. I didn't know that was the tweeter.

Some of his tweets might be true but a number have already been proved to be inaccurate. He's a guy who works on the underground as station staff but has a mate working at NWHL

A thought I've just had reading a boxing forum. 13th April Wembley stadium has been booked by Eddie Hearn supposedly for a Joshua fight, yet if we haven't moved into WHL by then we are supposed to be playing Huddersfield at home that weekend, where would that game be played?

A thought I've just had reading a boxing forum. 13th April Wembley stadium has been booked by Eddie Hearn supposedly for a Joshua fight, yet if we haven't moved into WHL by then we are supposed to be playing Huddersfield at home that weekend, where would that game be played?

I imagine the game would just be moved for Sunday or Monday.

I imagine the game would just be moved for Sunday or Monday.

I was thinking that too, but with the boxing likely to go onto around 11ish and then taking he ring, seats down would most likely be around 5am Sunday morning before ground staff get to see the pitch, so I would rule out a Sunday match (no expert). Also IF we are still in the CL could be a midweek game that week (16/17 April: Quarter-finals, second leg) so that would rule out a Monday game.

Realise a lot of ifs and buts, just wonder if the club has thought about it.

I was thinking that too, but with the boxing likely to go onto around 11ish and then taking he ring, seats down would most likely be around 5am Sunday morning before ground staff get to see the pitch, so I would rule out a Sunday match (no expert). Also IF we are still in the CL could be a midweek game that week (16/17 April: Quarter-finals, second leg) so that would rule out a Monday game.

Realise a lot of ifs and buts, just wonder if the club has thought about it.

Could also potentially be the FA Cup semi final weekend the following week.

I wonder if we could play it on the Friday night? Not sure if that'd be enough time to set the stadium up for the boxing or not.

I thought we'd supposedly booked Wembley for the rest of the season as a contingency? If so, seems odd that Wembley would double book

Their website does confirm it's booked for Joshua though: Anthony Joshua v TBC

I can't wait for the moaning from journalists about the state of the pitch for the FA Cup semi finals though. We'll probably get the blame

Setting up and clearing down Wembley for boxing is pretty easy ... the ring is the only thing that needs building and it's very basic ... otherwise it's laying down covering and putting out rows of chairs ... it's a few hours work at most

TELEMMGLPICT000127257811_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqhZJ9vnP3TZj6dX4F0Tnhrtuq59e9Yn7TJB_84_m2LUk.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom