New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

image.php

Testing more of the LED lighting behind the panels, north and west sides

That sounds more to me like they are setting the foundations to stay at Wembley for the season than preparing to move in to the new stadium.

Why would Spurs mention 'test event dates' if its expected we will not move in until next season - and that would mean test events being months away ?

More logical to mention test event dates if the expectation is they will be shortly (and likely Spurs already have knowledge of passing safety tests, its just a question of process to get the safety certificate itself which allows us to hold the test events)

I know it's a little rough at the moment with Kane, Sonny, no transfers etc but we get to call this place our new home soon. I mean look at it, it's going to be in the top 5 stadiums in the world and in time allow us to become a genuine big boy player for years to come.

People slate the lack of transfers, getting this place built was far more important to our future than chucking money about on someone who might not make the grade. Best stadium in the biggest league in the world, the team we support it seems going to be fucking fantastic!
Sn0MRMO.jpg

45838184505_e586958d63_b.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's a little rough at the moment with Kane, Sonny, no transfers etc but we get to call this place our new home soon. I mean look at it, it's going to be in the top 5 stadiums in the world and in time allow us to become a genuine big boy player for years to come.

People slate the lack of transfers, getting this place built was far more important to our future than chucking money about on someone who might not make the grade. Best stadium in the biggest league in the world, the team we support it seems going to be fucking fantastic!
Sn0MRMO.jpg

45838184505_e586958d63_b.jpg
Beautiful,absolutely stunning

Brent council agreed to up the cap on capacity from 51k to 61kat Spurs games
Mmm i'd say we ain't moving back anytime soon.

That was my take on the announcement from the club. Although as Spursidol Spursidol points out, it appears they are also pushing on with test events which might suggest they are still trying to get in asap. It would be really nice to know what's going on.

Brent council agreed to up the cap on capacity from 51k to 62k at Spurs games
Mmm i'd say we ain't moving back anytime soon.
EDIT
Its an extra 5 games at increased capacity
Yeah. Domestic games...I think that's in case we get a big draw in the cup, (plus NLD etc)I figure. Can't remember who in the top 6 is left, but I figure more bodies through the door for a man u or Woolwich is what they are thinking.

That was my take on the announcement from the club. Although as Spursidol Spursidol points out, it appears they are also pushing on with test events which might suggest they are still trying to get in asap. It would be really nice to know what's going on.

They would do test events as soon as humanly possible as it would give them longer to iron out any issues. If they all go without a hitch there will still be things they can bring forward and focus on even if we don't open until next season.

For a potential sponsors I imagine it's much more attractive starting with a complete season, rather than one game then disappearing. The opening needs to be a massive event that gives us energy and momentum...

I wouldn't read too much into the Wembley capacity news. We applied a couple of months back because of the time it takes so I expect it's genuinely a contingency measure we'd have stuck with now whether we expect to be in the new ground this season or not.

Worth mentioning that to get on the agenda at the planning meeting, you usually need to get your proposal in several weeks in before the meeting to allow council officials to look at and report their comments to the councillors. Given timing, the deadline to get the application in I would guess it might even before Christmas to get the requisite number of 'working days' notice ie pre-dating Spurs last update.

Or if not before Christmas about the time of Spurs last update which, after a short report on progress made, essentially said 'another update in 2-3 weeks time'

So at the time of the application, I think Spurs were trying to cover all possibilities - if we don't need the increased capacities, because we can be back in NWHL, we don't need to take them and its cost nothing to apply.

Just need to wait for Spurs next update which should be at end of next week or first few days of following week.

Back
Top Bottom