New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want an older and more experienced manager until the end of the season, we shouldn't be thinking long term right now, there are some issues that require to be solved in a rather short amount of time.

I want an older and more experienced manager until the end of the season, we shouldn't be thinking long term right now, there are some issues that require to be solved in a rather short amount of time.

Older andmore experienced doesn't necessarily scream 'short-term'... if we got the right man in, even someone in their late 50's, there's no reason why he couldn't hang around for more than a few months... could be YEARS even, SAF was 70 FFS!! (mind you, he was also doing a very good job!)

Older andmore experienced doesn't necessarily scream 'short-term'... if we got the right man in, even someone in their late 50's, there's no reason why he couldn't hang around for more than a few months... could be YEARS even, SAF was 70 FFS!! (mind you, he was also doing a very good job!)

Totally agree with that. I only said short term because i had the impression that the main candidates for the job in the summer are mostly young managers. For me, anyone who does a good job is good, i'd also be happy with Sherwood if he manages to steer us in the right direction. I guess everyone would.

Totally agree with that. I only said short term because i had the impression that the main candidates for the job in the summer are mostly young managers. For me, anyone who does a good job is good, i'd also be happy with Sherwood if he manages to steer us in the right direction. I guess everyone would.

Ahhhhhhhhh, I see!

...and good luck with the Sherwood theory btw! Mind you, he does seem to be very highly regarded within the club... the only worrying thing for me, is the judgement of those same people 'within the club' actually any good?

Ahhhhhhhhh, I see!

...and good luck with the Sherwood theory btw! Mind you, he does seem to be very highly regarded within the club... the only worrying thing for me, is the judgement of those same people 'within the club' actually any good?
Got no theory on Sherwood, don't know what to expect from him actually, i can only hope we start playing better football soon. I got to the point where i don't really know what the best solution would be anymore, guess i'm not the only one

What else do you do? Interview prospective new managers while AVB is still in a job?

it's not like he's not got previous....

sport-graphics-2007_710815a.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhh, I see!

Seems to me Sherwood has Levy's ear.......so if he's highly regarded by Levy, maybe infact he's just highly regarded by himself

You know if SAF had retired this coming summer instead of last, we'd more than likely be getting David Moyes.
Having said that, I think he would of been a decent shout for us even with his current United form.

That is exactly why everyone else does, never sack a manager unless you have someone better lined up.
This is the most worrying part of all this.... If there is no replacement in mind then wtf is Levy up to?

Looking at the names above, I dont see any that would validate the way Levy has handled this.

This is the most worrying part of all this.... If there is no replacement in mind then wtf is Levy up to?

Looking at the names above, I dont see any that would validate the way Levy has handled this.

Perhaps Levy really does have unshakeable faith in Sherwood to see out the season if necessary. Maybe even exceed expectations to the point when he could be given the job permanently.

Perhaps Levy really does have unshakeable faith in Sherwood to see out the season if necessary. Maybe even exceed expectations to the point when he could be given he job permanently.

If he has seriously sacked AVB to let Sherwood have a go for the rest of the season then he is more mental than i thought.

We really should have had someone lined up when AVB was sacked. Such a schoolboy mistake.

I'll support Sherwood :defoe: when he's in charge. Maybe someday Sherwood :memeokay: will be a good manager, but Tottenham really shouldn't be Sherwood's :vdvcry: training ground.

Back
Top Bottom