New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree I thought the same too. Thought he cannot fly?
Maybe he is over it.

He most definitely is not. He came out about a month saying he could never be a manager of a club because he would never be able to do the European games.

That wouldn't particularly stop him being a number 2 buts it's hardly ideal. Also we are on a hiding to nothing employing him. Bad move imo.

Just get Hoddle in for a season. His begging is starting embarrass me now.

Heavy rumours about De Boer and Bergkamp now.

Odds dropping.

The players who struggled with AVB's dogmatic tactics will be torn a new one by De Boer. He is decicated to his system (albeit quicker and more focussed to width than AVB), only FDB isn't such a nice guy as AVB was.

Wake-up hour for certain players, I suspect.

Heavy rumours about De Boer and Bergkamp now.

Odds dropping.

The players who struggled with AVB's dogmatic tactics will be torn a new one by De Boer. He is decicated to his system (albeit quicker and more focussed to width than AVB), only FDB isn't such a nice guy as AVB was.

Wake-up hour for certain players, I suspect.

Ching Ching - I should have backed him at 16's when I saw he was the only decent candidate, I still dont believe it though, we will find a way to fuck this up - Levy refusing to pay the fiver for the parking or something

Rijkaard's Holland and Barca teams were beautiful to watch. I remember that Euro 2000 Semi where Holland should have beaten Italy about 5-0 but somehow managed to lose on penalties (Spursy). On the other hand it seemed like he struggled with lesser players at Rotterdam (maybe not surprisingly as his brand of football needs gifted players) and early on with Barca. I also read this bit from a fan about his sacking from Gala:

"Rijkaard was brought in with high hopes. He led Barcelona to win the Champions League, and had experience with star players like Ronaldinho, Messi, and Eto. Taking Galatasaray to the top of the league with Milan Baros, Harry Kewell, Arda Turan and Elano Blumer shouldnt have been a problem. Granted we a string of injuries last season, but what was to blame this time around? We brought in an assist machine like Zvjezdan Misimovic, the Ligue 1’s top defender in Lorik Cana and one of Liverpools top prospects in Emiliano Insua. Yet every game it seems like everyone on the pitch has no direction and plays with no heart. I was a fan of Rijkaard, but I havent seen him do anything spectacular with this team. We need someone who can wake this team up and motivate them to go out there and play their hearts out."

Risky, but if he could get us playing like c.2000 Holland or c.2006-2008 Barca then it's a risk worth taking.

"Through various channels it has become clear to me that Spurs are interested, but the club has not approached Ajax.
"So for us there is not much to say about it. Frank focuses entirely on Ajax."

Doesn't exactly sound like 'ruling out' to me.

Never claimed it did, was just sharing the article I found.

Certainly displays the popular narrative (Spooky shout out). Journos around the world unite and dump on Spurs. I'm not paranoid- they did do this to Liverpool too a couple years back. It is something a new manager will have to take on as well however.

Back
Top Bottom