New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd love to get FDB, especially with the 2 ex-Ajax boys here. And he's obviously more proven than AVB.
But FDB says he's honored, however doesn't want to leave ... well, that sucks.

The available managers pot really sucks right now.
-I was pro-Hoddle, but now rethinking about it, I'm not sure if I want him.
-Hiddink is gone.
-Benitez won't leave Napoli. Why should he?
-Capello ... maybe real short term would do.
-And as for the PL managers, no no no to Laudrup, and maybe just maybe (but an iffy one) to Poch, who apparently can speak English, but to avoid misinterpretations doesn't in press conferences.

I am starting to feel that Levy really fucked up. I mean he must have a plan B, right?
In my view where things stand, I'd just let Sherwood continue. He's man that the board covets so much, right?

Now's the time to give him a chance. I'd imagine that if he doesn't get the job, he'd surely move on at the next interest towards him from another club. A few coaches have come out and said that Sherwood has some pretty good ideas, and I would really like to see what they are.

Even Sherwood himself said that he has a plan and knows how to manage men, knows how to tell the truth. That's good. it was seeming as if some of the players (whether due to AVB or not) were growing egos. We need a bit of stern in the next manager. I say give him a chance till end of the season. Surely the list of available mangers in the Summer will grow, and moreover they will be more willing to leave at the end of the season. Plus, maybe we would have a better chance at FDB.

But if things do start getting worse, or if Levy and co. are in a hurry to hire, they better realize that they got here due to their own agenda and faults. If there are looking to hire a new manager asap ... well, they already spent hefty for players; might as well make an offer that a manger can't refuse ... for FDB.

I'd love to get FDB, especially with the 2 ex-Ajax boys here. And he's obviously more proven than AVB.
But FDB says he's honored, however doesn't want to leave ... well, that sucks.

You and a few others have been saying, mind showing me? All I'm finding is - Guido Albers (agent) has played down the links with the Dutchman.

"Through various channels it has become clear to me that Spurs are interested, but the club has not approached Ajax,

"So for us there is not much to say about it. Frank focuses entirely on Ajax.

Everything that De Boer has said is with respect to his position before being approached. He said he is honoured to be considered but I think if we approached him he would consider the job.

Everything that De Boer has said is with respect to his position before being approached. He said he is honoured to be considered but I think if we approached him he would consider the job.

God I hope you're right. If not Levy should just throw money at him until he comes especially with likes of Hiddink already ruled out.

Exactly.... what exactly were people expecting him to say, "I know there's interest from Spurs so I want to leave Ajax"? They're always going to be respectful to their current club

I actually think the FDB quotes are promising. He's clearly not against the idea of coming here - otherwise he wouldn't mention us at all or if asked would say he doesn't plan to leave Ajax at all - but he's being respectful and angling for a better position. Reading between the lines it's: "I'll consider you in the summer when I don't have to move my entire family in the middle of a school year ... but if you want me to come now you can try REALLY sweetening the pot with an offer I can't refuse".

I don't know who it will be, but I just trust the guys at the top to make the decision in the best interest of the club. They know more than any of us about football, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom