New manager? - POLL ADDED

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do we want to replace Pochettino?

• De Boer

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Benitez

• Klopp

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Guardiola

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mark Warburton

• Russell Slade

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pellegrini

• Sherwood

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Keep Pochettino

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • John Carver

Votes: 20 9.5%

• Total voters
U realise by trying to be clever ur having the opposite effect?

Not good enough to reach top 4 finish higher than say 5th.

Not turd as in not mid table bottom half "champo" players.

So you are expecting higher than 5th then? Seeing as they are not good enough and Poch is getting the best out of them?

Why are you berating others for expecting too much then?

Do you think we will sign 12-15 players in the summer?

Are you slightly delusional?

Yep at this stage it is. You say that as if it's a shock.

It's like judging a cook while only giving him a box of turd to cook with. (That's an extreme example for humours sake. I'm not saying our squad is turd. He is simply getting the best out of it.)
Or giving pretty high quality ingredients known internationally for their quality and handing them to a school dinner lady. My meal tastes as shit as yours now. Differently shit, but still shit.

A) "all the players". Never said that. I said the SQUAD is not good enough. The dip in form is due to Poch not having a the required options to rotate this season. An issue I would expect to be addressed in the summer.

So you think Dembele, Capoue and Stambouli could not possibly do better than Mason?

For example

B) I've never "lauded" them for finishing 6th. I've simply pointed out that is the best this squad is capable of. 6th isn't good enough for the expectation of our fan base but that is a problem with the squad quality not the Manager.

Yet the squad got 6th last year with more points and two supposedly worse managers

So you are expecting higher than 5th then? Seeing as they are not good enough and Poch is getting the best out of them?

Nobody expects higher than 5th. Except Poch who may or may not have been telling the truth. And the players who may or may not have been telling the truth. We need to find out if all this top four talk was some kind of elaborate ruse to build confidence to get us to the top four even though nobody thought we could. But we nearly did. Was that on purpose?

Fuck I'm confused now.

Isn't it easier to just try and win all our games? Go for a bit of glory?

I literally don't even know how to respond to that. None of those question link back to what I said.

So you think Dembele, Capoue and Stambouli could not possibly do better than Mason?

For example
Dembele isn't a CDM. I'd like to see him played more but that's only based on what I know he capable of not what he actually delivers. Don't blame him for not relying on him.

No idea what the deal with Capoue and stambouli is. But I'm willing at this stage to trust there is a valid reason for their exclusion.

I'm not saying Poch is getting everything right. It may turn out that he isn't. All I'm saying is it's too early to judge.

This thread, I dont even....

It's a fucking godsend that most of you melty pricks have never graced our fair stadium with your presence.
but your ok with the melts who keep saying how shit our team is? endless posts saying how crap our players are & how hard it is for any manager to work with them? players wearing the proud spurs shit being called crap. u are happy with melts if its about our players but not if its about the manager. ud rather fans come & say how shit 10 or so of our players are? thats better to u than a fan sayin how crap our manager has been?

this what?
This is unintelligble English?
we all hate sammy & his posts that blight are forum. i know! why dont we quote him 500 times a week & ask him questions. nothing worst than people whinging about something they could easily avoid.

Yet bother you do....over and over and over again
look at my post count, then look at yours
you should buy a hot air balloon, you wouldn't need the flame version.
Just stand in the basket and talk about all you think you understand about football
I'll come with you, it'll be boring but at least I'll break the world altitude skydiving record.

we all hate sammy & his posts that blight are forum. i know! why dont we quote him 500 times a week & ask him questions. nothing worst than people whinging about something they could easily avoid.
Its just a lot of people politely telling him that he's embarrassing himself, and the rest of the forum
Nobody really understands what you are trying to say, because we are adults and communicate in English

Back
Top Bottom