New manager? - POLL ADDED

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do we want to replace Pochettino?

• De Boer

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Benitez

• Klopp

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Guardiola

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mark Warburton

• Russell Slade

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pellegrini

• Sherwood

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Keep Pochettino

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • John Carver

Votes: 20 9.5%

• Total voters
Dearth of talent?

Lloris, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Kane, Chadli, Dembele, Rose, Jan are all decent to excellent players.
They are being made to look like champo level players though. The should be bringing up the likes of Dier and Mason, not being dragged downwards.

Its poor coaching.
Ye gods.
I don't know what to say to you.
Have a good day.

Dearth of talent?

Lloris, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Kane, Chadli, Dembele, Rose, Jan are all decent to excellent players.
They are being made to look like champo level players though. The should be bringing up the likes of Dier and Mason, not being dragged downwards.

Its poor coaching.
Do u even think before you post?

Fucking good "champo" level players if they're currently sitting 6th in the Prem.

"Made to look" as if they have zero responsibility for their own performances. And before you say he's the one picking them, who else is he going to pick? The squad isn't good enough.

Year after year we sack the manger, change philosophy, sign players, sack the manager, change philosophy, sack the manager....

The result is a mish mash squad of players that aren't all pulling in the same direction and aren't all suited to the same style of play.

Most managers we've had have tried to make do with what's there and cobble together the best 11 players into a disjointed system.

Poch is clearly not doing this. He's clearly selecting players that he sees as having potential or willingness to learn and adapt to his style.

There are no quick fixes to our problems as they are the result of years of scatter gun approaches. He needs at the very least time to prove what he can do. And judging him on this season just shows an inability to see the bigger picture and factors that are effecting the club.

Fucking good "champo" level players if they're currently sitting 6th in the Prem.

"Made to look" as if they have zero responsibility for their own performances. And before you say he's the one picking them, who else is he going to pick? The squad isn't good enough.
So it's acceptable to say the squad isn't good enough, but melty as fuck to say the manager isn't good enough?

Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti?
9b5.jpg

Yeah, I noticed the dispassionate lack of interest during the NLD and Chelsea home games, the lack of effort and passion was frightening
did mick just really put player passion as 1 of poch's good points?! have u just come out of a coma for a few months. u have to base it on a season as a whole so far. & overall u cannot say the players have shown significant more passion than should be expected or that other teams show. id say the passion shown this season has been average. we have had high passion games like 2 london derbys & plenty of no passion games like most of the games in the last few months.

So...all the players are not good enough, but the manager is good enough.
Remember how we threw away a two goal lead and just about scraped through the semis against third division oppo? So yeah, those players are being made to look champo level.

You say they are not good enough, then laud them for being 6th when I say they are made to look poor...silly billy

What was that about thinking before posting?

Last edited:
has anyone else noticed team infalliable poch have said things like we dont know what goes on in the changing room or on the training pitch etc. but then they highlight about 7 players who all supposedly have bad attitudes in training etc. making up stuff that suits them again.

Last edited:
has anyone else noticed team infalliable poch have said things like we dont know what goes on in the changing room or on the training pitch etc. but then they highlight about 7 players who all supposedly ave bad attitudes in training etc. making up stuff that suits them again.

This

So it's acceptable to say the squad isn't good enough, but melty as fuck to say the manager isn't good enough?
Yep at this stage it is. You say that as if it's a shock.

It's like judging a cook while only giving him a box of turd to cook with. (That's an extreme example for humours sake. I'm not saying our squad is turd. He is simply getting the best out of it.)

if u simplify it all. has poch done a good job out of the limited players we have? id have to say no. the minimum i expect is some heart & fight. but we havent even had that for the majority of the season. it seems to me poch can manage as bad as he likes & team infalliable poch will just blame the players. poch picks fatty friedel as winger... fatty friedels fault. poch did nothing wrong. its becoming ridicolous now. & if u do point out obvious mistakes then u are melt.

Year after year we sack the manger, change philosophy, sign players, sack the manager, change philosophy, sack the manager....

The result is a mish mash squad of players that aren't all pulling in the same direction and aren't all suited to the same style of play.

Most managers we've had have tried to make do with what's there and cobble together the best 11 players into a disjointed system.

Poch is clearly not doing this. He's clearly selecting players that he sees as having potential or willingness to learn and adapt to his style.

There are no quick fixes to our problems as they are the result of years of scatter gun approaches. He needs at the very least time to prove what he can do. And judging him on this season just shows an inability to see the bigger picture and factors that are effecting the club.
Absolutely right. The only clubs who can go through managers like confetti are the clubs who will throw money at the incoming manager to mould a team. They are the same clubs who aren't afraid to sell the last managers failures at a loss if needs be. At Spurs, the new manager is expected to work miracles with the squad he inherited not only from the last manager, but possibly the last 2-3 managers. If we actually kept a manager for a few years & allowed him to rebuild the squad then we may see the benefits. the last time we kept a manager for more than a few months, we hit top 4- twice. We have been unable to keep our star players & have been a bit unlucky on that issue- the cunts at Madrid & United are frankly a bigger ticket than we are & when they come sniffing the only option is to hold out for the biggest deal. But when those players go & are not adequately replaced, it's not the managers fault. Who did we replace Modric with? What about Bale? Are we already resigned to losing Hugo & bought Vorm in anticipation? Levy needs to give his manager more support instead of finding cheap, plentiful alternatives or expecting a new manager to plait horse shit

So...all the players are not good enough, but the manager is good enough.
Remember how we threw away a two goal lead and just about scraped through the semis against third division oppo? So yeah, those players are being made to look champo level.

You say they are not good enough, then laud them for being 6th when I say they are made to look poor...silly billy

What was that about thinking before posting?
Can you do me a favour and read my post properly. Will save s lot of time.

A) "all the players". Never said that. I said the SQUAD is not good enough. The dip in form is due to Poch not having a the required options to rotate this season. An issue I would expect to be addressed in the summer.

B) I've never "lauded" them for finishing 6th. I've simply pointed out that is the best this squad is capable of. 6th isn't good enough for the expectation of our fan base but that is a problem with the squad quality not the Manager.

If there is no visible progression next season then questions should start to be asked of the manager and don't worry I will be asking them. I have no bias towards Poch I simply want him to do well and be given sufficient time to prove himself.

Back
Top Bottom