New manager? - POLL ADDED

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do we want to replace Pochettino?

• De Boer

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Benitez

• Klopp

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Guardiola

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mark Warburton

• Russell Slade

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pellegrini

• Sherwood

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Keep Pochettino

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • John Carver

Votes: 20 9.5%

• Total voters
Yeah it must be much better to have a stadium full of people who think that 90% of the squad needs sacking
Do u even understand what is meant by squad?

Do u feel the need to exaggerate people's opinions to give more credit to your own?

We have a good core group of players that could achieve something if you factor out fatigue, injury and dips in form.

The squad however is not good enough because you can't factor out fatigue, injury and dips in form and we don't have adequate depth to rotate without effecting our playing style.

That doesn't even mean to say the squad players are necessarily shit. Some just don't fit the style that we are working towards. And that's because they are the products of multiple managers purchases.

Its just a lot of people politely telling him that he's embarrassing himself, and the rest of the forum
Nobody really understands what you are trying to say, because we are adults and communicate in English
I've defended you in the past when others have attacked who you are, not what you have said. I'd expect you to understand how frustrating this can be.

If you disagree with Sammy, tell him why. State your case. Don't just jump in with the rest of the "don't criticise or you're a melt" brigade. It's fucking petty and extremely frustrating.

but your ok with the melts who keep saying how shit our team is? endless posts saying how crap our players are & how hard it is for any manager to work with them? players wearing the proud spurs shit being called crap. u are happy with melts if its about our players but not if its about the manager. ud rather fans come & say how shit 10 or so of our players are? thats better to u than a fan sayin how crap our manager has been?

Yeah it must be much better to have a stadium full of people who think that 90% of the squad needs sacking

I have no idea what either of you are babbling about.

Beat me to it. Nail on head....what a fucking idiotic stance these preachers are taking

I've tried to avoid taking sides in yet another of your ridiculous arguments. I'm just commenting on how much worse the already dire atmosphere at the lane would be if any of you actually made it away from your keyboards.

look at my post count, then look at yours
you should buy a hot air balloon, you wouldn't need the flame version.
Just stand in the basket and talk about all you think you understand about football
I'll come with you, it'll be boring but at least I'll break the world altitude skydiving record.

My post count is 99% Tottenham though

Whats yours 25%...

I've defended you in the past when others have attacked who you are, not what you have said. I'd expect you to understand how frustrating this can be.

If you disagree with Sammy, tell him why. State your case. Don't just jump in with the rest of the "don't criticise or you're a melt" brigade. It's fucking petty and extremely frustrating.
I didn't say that - he's entitled to his opinion, in exactly the same way that you or I are. Sammy has a patronising method of putting people down for having - essentially the cheek to disagree with him, I was simply answering in kind.
I have never accused anyone of being anything for believing that this is all MPs fault, I disagree for what I see as obvious and fundamental reasons, I also think that its a bit hysterical to roast the guy for getting us to 6th with the collective of players that we have. I am surprised that we have done as well as this.
I pointed out earlier that the biggest issue that has caused us to be perennial failures and also rans for the last 30 years (bar the odd bauble) has been our inability to back and retain a manager for long enough to start having a level of consistency in the team. You only have to look at the teams with a dynastic outlook on leadership to see where the trophies go - or you have a shit rich sheik/thief who pours money into the club like a fireman with a hosepipe at an archway steel bonfire.
The general quality of players in our squad is the kind of collection of players that I would expect to be a mid to mid upper league team. To me its no surprise that its exactly where we are.
Like you and Sammy, I feel that there have been games where the energy levels have been lower than the usual intensity, but so has the skill level to dig us out. This is all made a lie of by the points tally from losing positions, that show that the players do have fight and energy, and despite losing the city game shows that we can restrict teams through our play and commitment.
I agree, we have had some shocking results, but it has ever been thus at THFC, and until we have a board that covets the stars that we have in the squad, knowing that doing so will harvest rewards, then we are doomed to continue in this mould.
If you guys simply want to set fire to the manager, for having to make do with what he has, and get hot under the collar because he doesn't do the things you want - then I guess thats your call.
We need a creative midfielder who is more dominant and incisive than Eriksson and we need a dynamic attacking midfielder/support striker to work with Kane, another decent fullback would help, and another Sandro (pre breakdown)
Give Poch the tools, and I think he will do the job - otherwise its make do and mend, all over again.

Good for you. What the fuck do you want from me? A pat on the head?

I want nothing from you. Lets never communicate ever again. That should please you very much....put up or shut up..We have nothing good to add to the forum, so Im out as far as you are concerned.

Be the stand up poster you think you are. Dont reply to this post, or mention me ever again.

I wont have any trouble not noticing you. Should be a mutual feeling, so, see ya around.

I want nothing from you. Lets never communicate ever again. That should please you very much....put up or shut up..We have nothing good to add to the forum, so Im out as far as you are concerned.

Be the stand up poster you think you are. Dont reply to this post, or mention me ever again.

I wont have any trouble not noticing you. Should be a mutual feeling, so, see ya around.
You said this to me once. I'm glad we're past that.

:adebaehug:

Back
Top Bottom