New manager? - POLL ADDED

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do we want to replace Pochettino?

• De Boer

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Benitez

• Klopp

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Guardiola

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mark Warburton

• Russell Slade

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pellegrini

• Sherwood

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Keep Pochettino

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • John Carver

Votes: 20 9.5%

• Total voters
This season hasn't been bad or below expectation. We are exactly where we expected to be and there have been plenty of good, exciting performances, ones that had the top pundits praising the new found steel that hadn't been a characteristic of a spurs side in years.

In the last couple of months form has dropped and those performances are in now way a representation of the season as a whole.

I've been entertained far more than last season and have seen more than a few glimpses of what Poch is trying to do with the team.

Unfortunately patience is a virtue that not many football fans have.

giphy.gif

I turned around October/November......playing playing Holtby to combat Yaya Toure at the Etihad and getting done 6-0 was the final straw. The Liverpool 5-0 home hammering was the worst performance Ive seen from any Spurs team in my entire life.

It was clear from then, not one single player had an ounce of respect for him, and barely for the shirt.
Yeah, I noticed the dispassionate lack of interest during the NLD and Chelsea home games, the lack of effort and passion was frightening

[QUOTE="Mark Bennett, post: 785817, member: 2691]
Unfortunately patience is a virtue that not many football fans have.[/QUOTE]
And for some, the attention span greater than that of a housefly

[QUOTE="Mark Bennett, post: 785817, member: 2691]
Unfortunately patience is a virtue that not many football fans have.
And for some, the attention span greater than that of a housefly[/QUOTE]

Mick, be honest.

Have you been impressed with our passion, drive and direction on the pitch more often than you´ve
been disgusted by it this season?

Not demanding a yes or no answer, but it feels like people are quick to dimiss the "whiners"....but also as quick to say "of course we´ve been diabolical and Poch has made mistakes"...

Just wondering why their judgement is more rational in their minds.

The 2 most obvious
You should have been a scientist, your attention to detail and passion for discarding facts that don't fit your theories is stunning.
You could have invented the petrol fire extinguisher

You can try and rewrite the season all you like.

The fact is, that those two games is what i expect every week.

I dont expect the wins. I dont expect it to always work.

But i do expect that attitiude....even against Stoke and Palace

And for some, the attention span greater than that of a housefly

Mick, be honest.

Have you been impressed with our passion, drive and direction on the pitch more often than you´ve
been disgusted by it this season?

Not demanding a yes or no answer, but it feels like people are quick to dimiss the "whiners"....but also as quick to say "of course we´ve been diabolical and Poch has made mistakes"...

Just wondering why their judgement is more rational in their minds.[/QUOTE]not really, more annoyed at the dearth of genuine talent, which to me is a far more plausible reason for the lack of success

You can try and rewrite the season all you like.

The fact is, that those two games is what i expect every week.

I dont expect the wins. I dont expect it to always work.

But i do expect that attitiude....even against Stoke and Palace
I'm sorry!
Mr conspiracy theory telling me that I'm rewriting the season? Anyone reading your posts would think we were in QPRs shoes. We're sixth.

]not really, more annoyed at the dearth of genuine talent, which to me is a far more plausible reason for the lack of success

Dearth of talent?

Lloris, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Kane, Chadli, Dembele, Rose, Jan are all decent to excellent players.
They are being made to look like champo level players though. The should be bringing up the likes of Dier and Mason, not being dragged downwards.

Its poor coaching.

Back
Top Bottom