New manager? - POLL ADDED

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do we want to replace Pochettino?

• De Boer

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Benitez

• Klopp

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • Guardiola

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Ancelotti

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Mark Warburton

• Russell Slade

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pellegrini

• Sherwood

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Keep Pochettino

Votes: 140 66.7%
  • John Carver

Votes: 20 9.5%

• Total voters
I wasnt right all along.

I backed AVB for 16 months....how wrong can you be.

Im starting to feel I was wrong about Poch too...I didnt see how stubborn he was in the beginning, and I thought he was a tactical master.

So, so wrong, and happy to admit it.

Kind of assumed you always disliked him. What was the turning point then?

I want to be manager.

Combine that Tim Sherwood mouthpiece with Poch's late substitution masterclass.

Chuck in that AVB total football know how with a little Redknapp financial accounting and you have the total package.

I have got this.

Imagine a manager as good as that.

2451A14900000578-2892368-John_Carver_could_take_over_at_Newcastle_job_until_at_least_the_-a-32_1420026222910.jpg

I won't profess to know whether Pochettino is the one for Spurs or not. All I know is, is that chopping and changing managers constantly hasn't worked for us, and unless we're in relegation danger, I want to wait until the end of next season at the very least before forming an opinion on him.

Kind of assumed you always disliked him. What was the turning point then?

I turned around October/November......playing playing Holtby to combat Yaya Toure at the Etihad and getting done 6-0 was the final straw. The Liverpool 5-0 home hammering was the worst performance Ive seen from any Spurs team in my entire life.

It was clear from then, not one single player had an ounce of respect for him, and barely for the shirt.

I turned around October/November......playing playing Holtby to combat Yaya Toure at the Etihad and getting done 6-0 was the final straw. The Liverpool 5-0 home hammering was the worst performance Ive seen from any Spurs team in my entire life.

It was clear from then, not one single player had an ounce of respect for him, and barely for the shirt.

Never much a fan myself, not so much the trashings as the paint dry boring football. I can live with alot as a Spurs fan, dickhead managers, big defeats but boring football is a red line with me. Going from Redknapp to AVB felt like skydiving into a physics lesson, what a come down. The least I expect is entertainment, especially with the amount games cost.

This is thoroughly depressing. Less than four years ago...

Only two home league defeats in 2010 and 2011, only five home defeats since November 2008, and only two defeats at home in 33 league games - I could go on, and on, and on.

And that was with a defence that included Gallas and the much maligned Kaboul...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...hart-lane-the-reasons-why-tottenham-have-lost

Daniel Wynne, a matchday commentator for Spurs’ home games and a Trustee of the Tottenham Tribute Trust, suggests that the attacking flair of Bale and Lennon that is compensated for so heavily by away sides, has been complemented by the addition of defensive steel, with the role of Parker, Younes Kaboul and the returning William Gallas ensuring an increased resilience in the mentality of Redknapp’s men.

“The stats are impressive. Only two home league defeats in 2010 and 2011, only five home defeats since November 2008, and only two defeats at home in 33 league games - I could go on, and on, and on.

“It wasn’t too long ago that Spurs fans didn’t know what to expect when turning up at the Lane, but more recently it has become a safe haven, so what’s changed?

“The Spurs’ fans love to see attacking football and that’s what they are treated to most weeks. Beautiful, flowing, passing, sunshine football is often on display but also now the ability to dig in and come back into games after going behind.

“We score late goals now too and we defend well. In fact since Harry arrived we have played 59 home league games and only conceded 43 times, with five of those against Manchester City.

“Away sides simply can’t handle the pace of Lennon and Bale on the flanks. The midfield duo of Parker and Modric link the defence and forward line so majestically now, plus the goals of Rafael van der Vaart, Jermain Defoe and Adebayor make us so hard to break down.

“The soft underbelly that we were accused of having has gone. We have steel in the form of Parker and Kaboul (who really is on fire) and we have winners in the squad like William Gallas.

“Home games these days are something to look forward to and not fear like we once did! Long may it continue.”

So basically, we need winners in our team in the form of ex Woolwich. We need one season wonders playing at centre half. A hard working player in midfield who will burn out after 6 months, one of the most majestic midfielders in world football and pace in the form of the most expensive footballer in the world and a player who will never fulfil his potential on each flanks.

We already have Adebayor.

TOP FOUR NEXT YEAR IS ON!

Never much a fan myself, not so much the trashings as the paint dry boring football. I can live with alot as a Spurs fan, dickhead managers, big defeats but boring football is a red line with me. Going from Redknapp to AVB felt like skydiving into a physics lesson, what a come down. The least I expect is entertainment, especially with the amount games cost.

There were times under AVB I didnt even celebrate a goal, I was so fucking disgusted.

I'll be honest, the last few months has gone the same way for me. People mocked me when I said I wouldnt have given a shit if we had sneaked a late winner in the Burnley game, but Im not ashamed to say it.

Winning isnt everything, as you know. Id rather lose trying hard, and playing the right way.

Decent, coherent, good football will yield more positive results than bad ones over time, so the losses I could live with happily. Thats football.

But winning the title like an 80s Woolwich team.....no thanks. Id be bored shitless.

The bigger tragedy now is that we are playing shit, dull football, and not even getting the results.

There were times under AVB I didnt even celebrate a goal, I was so fucking disgusted.

I'll be honest, the last few months has gone the same way for me. People mocked me when I said I wouldnt have given a shit if we had sneaked a late winner in the Burnley game, but Im not ashamed to say it.

Winning isnt everything, as you know. Id rather lose trying hard, and playing the right way.

Decent, coherent, good football will yield more positive results than bad ones over time, so the losses I could live with happily. Thats football.

But winning the title like an 80s Woolwich team.....no thanks. Id be bored shitless.

The bigger tragedy now is that we are playing shit, dull football, and not even getting the results.

I do wonder whether we should've taken the gamble and gone for Frank de Boer.

That said I remain in the camp that we've made our bed and should lie in it until next season at least. Mainly because I'm bored of having to 'get behind' a new bloke every season

I tell you who has been out of work for a while who would be a great addition to the poll.... gibbs131

Gibbsy I am calling you out, how do you love Danny Rose now??

Our defense is terrible. I blame Poch and our soft wings.

Danny Rose is a part of the issue of our soft, predictable, wasteful wings. Couple that with a lack of intelligence on and off the ball and you get my opinion.

He has improved. IMO as it stands with our "tactics", he is still a bad defender and an overrated attacker. Very flashy, blood and thunder which mugs a few with his chest beating but what else is there? He's still an average winger played out of position for me. His engine and athleticism is off the charts though.

He's being targeted by managers, hence him having a large average tackles won stat. He had similar stats last year (where this forum pretty much voted him as the worst player) because it's obvious to EVERY manager that our wings are soft so we get countered there constantly. That is something Poch has not given us. I have seen no similar gameplan from Poch when it comes to attacking teams weaknesses or our strengths. In fact it's embarrassing. Summed up with a back 4 of central defenders, Kane, Dolphin etc etc and we play a short fucking corner.

So Danny has been good by his standards this calendar year. IMO he's still not a defender. And lets be honest, when he does get to the byline (which is often, leaving us short at the back) his shooting, crossing and final ball are pretty shit.

Davis was disappointing. People make excuses for his stop start season but it's not like this is his first prem season. IMO we need two new left backs. Danny Rose should be played as a winger IMO. Nowhere near a back 4 unless we have a more solid player in front of him.

To be fair to Danny...Eriksen or Townsend in front of him helps nobody's development when it comes to a stable back 4. The dolphin can also go missing.

So it's fucktarded team shapes/personnel that compounds having a wandering Danny Rose flying everywhere. I'm about to contradict myself (I've no proof because it hasn't been done yet): IMO if you told Rose to hold back, and maintain a line more often, our defense would be MUCH better. I'm nor even sure why Poch asks him to go forward so much. His average season return for goals, assists etc is pretty fucking shit seeing how often he's in the middle/final third.

I concede, Danny has been better than I expected. Perhaps Tim was right.

Last edited:

Danny Rose is a part of the issue of our soft, predictable, wasteful wings. Couple that with a lack of intelligence on and off the ball and you get my opinion.

He has improved. IMO as it stands with our "tactics", he is still a bad defender and an overrated attacker. Very flashy, blood and thunder which mugs a few with his chest beating but what else is there? He's still an average winger played out of position for me. His engine and athleticism is off the charts though.

He's being targeted by managers, hence him having a large average tackles won stat. He had similar stats last year (where this forum pretty much voted him as the worst player) because it's obvious to EVERY manager that our wings are soft so we get countered there constantly. That is something Poch has not given us. I have seen no similar gameplan from Poch when it comes to attacking teams weaknesses or our strengths. In fact it's embarrassing. Summed up with a back 4 of central defenders, Kane, Dolphin etc etc and we play a short fucking corner.

So Danny has been good by his standards this calendar year. IMO he's still not a defender. And lets be honest, when he does get to the byline (which is often, leaving us short at the back) his shooting, crossing and final ball are pretty shit.

Davis was disappointing. People make excuses for his stop start season but it's not like this is his first prem season. IMO we need two new left backs. Danny Rose should be played as a winger IMO. Nowhere near a back 4 unless we have a more solid player in front of him.

To be fair to Danny...Eriksen or Townsend in front of him helps nobody's development when it comes to a stable back 4. The dolphin can also go missing.

So it's fucktarded team shapes/personnel that compounds having a wandering Danny Rose flying everywhere. I'm about to contradict myself (I've no proof because it hasn't been done yet): IMO if you told Rose to hold back, and maintain a line more often, our defense would be MUCH better. I'm nor even sure why Poch asks him to go forward so much. His average season return for goals, assists etc is pretty fucking shit seeing how often he's in the middle/final third.

8639238.gif

tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Thats my fault I called him out....

Call me Aladdin, next I am going to ask for a week in Maui with 12 Russian supermodels, see if that materializes too

Back
Top Bottom