New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It shouldn't matter, but with 95% of the world spelling it 'aluminium' it's unlikely that the US version will prevail. Personally I don't have a problem with US spellings - the meaning isn't lost after all.

Apart from when then say 'pants', 'fanny pack' and 'pissed', different meanings to us.

They also don't pronounce their 't's properly, thus saying 'budder', 'wadder', 'twenny'....

At least the Yanks say 'aluminum' they way it's spelt to them.

Next we'll be told it's called 'soccer' and not football!

Good morning everyone, I'm not 'pissed' that we lost to Dortmund btw!

They also don't pronounce their 't's properly, thus saying 'budder', 'wadder', 'twenny'....

At least the Yanks say 'aluminum' they way it's spelt to them.
90% of this those on this forum probably speak with a glottal stop and you're saying us Americans can't pronounce our "T" sounds?!?!

FQnTUqp.gif

90% of this those on this forum probably speak with a glottal stop and you're saying us Americans can't pronounce our "T" sounds?!?!

FQnTUqp.gif

I speak BBC English thank you very much. Forever pulling my kids up for not pronouncing their words correctly.

Now back to the kit talk please. Or this thread needs to be moved to 'off topic' as I don't care for the English language discussion in the Tottenham section. :pocheyes:

The kits NIKE made for England, France and Portugal for Euro 2016 are some of worst I've seen my entire life.

It seems kit manufacturers, or at least the designers, are completely incapable of doing a simple plain colour...it's almost like they design a kit that would be more than acceptable to fans and players alike, but suddenly think, "hold on, I'm being paid a lot of money for this I should add more stuff" so they decide to (in the case of the kits you've mentioned) add shaded areas to look like breast plates. We're probably not too far off them going all out by adding little foam inserts to form fake abs and pecks like on my son's Spiderman costume.

Incidentally, who do we think gets the final say on kit design? Do Nike (for example) submit 3 potential designs to the club and have a decision taken internally as to which we prefer? Or do we say to Nike, "design us a kit" and we just get whatever they offer up?

WTF is that a press shot? How bad is that kit? No to mention the terrible poses, bunch of amateurs.
It's from twitter. I'd say that it's an amateur shot from the official launch.
The blue strip with the yellow socks is definitely not easy on the eye.

You all sure about the France kit? It's fucking hideous as are all kits with buttons and collars.
The collar we have now are by far the best. Plain v neck is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom