New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thats in Merica!
Nope, that's what it was named. The trade journals decided that it didn't sound classical enough, so they just started publishing it as "aluminium".

There's nothing wrong with it though. After all, you don't go out to purchase a platinium wedding ring.

Last edited:
The US spelling is the older, the rest of the world's spelling is more common. 1-1 aet.
But I work in aluminum and my desk is piled high with samples and trade journals and brochures, engineering manuals, and product specifications.

And the difference in spelling has started to drive me crazy.

It's called the English language so will go with 'aluminium'. We do not speak American here. :kaneear:
BUT THE GUY WHO NAMED IT ALUMINUM WAS BRITISH~!!
:dierno:

And Aluminium, Leicester etc
And lets not get into them dropping the words street and road when asking for directions,eh? ;)
I think Leicester confuses most Americans the first time they try to read it. You have to admit that it's a strange way to spell a word that is pronounced Lester.

And while we are it, why is derby pronounced Darby?

But I work in aluminum and my desk is piled high with samples and trade journals and brochures, engineering manuals, and product specifications.

And the difference in spelling has started to drive me crazy.

It shouldn't matter, but with 95% of the world spelling it 'aluminium' it's unlikely that the US version will prevail. Personally I don't have a problem with US spellings - the meaning isn't lost after all.

Nike aren't covering themselves in glory here. Dear me this is shocking.

This brand new England kit is dividing opinion

The thing is the England kit is pretty much the same as ours, it's not hard to fuck up. Wasn't a fan of England ditching the navy shorts.
How have they managed to make BOTH kits look like The away kit??
Impressive!
The home one (with the glaringly mis-matched red shorts) reminds me of when we used to play away at Stamford Bridge in the '80s (first one that sprung to mind) and wore yellow shorts with an all white kit...
It just jarred
glenn-hoddle-of-tottenham-hotspur-runs-with-the-ball-during-the-canon-picture-id1694906

Back
Top Bottom