New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMG_2858.jpg

So some Turkish market stall holder in Marmaris has the official kit and its confirmed by a Nike employee

seh6p.gif

yeah just reeks of marketing...how can we distance ourselves from UA...we'll tweek the existing modern version by lobbing a shield around it and talk of heritage.

I like our existing badge, to me it looks clean, crisp and a nod to the past with the style of the ball.
It works.

whereas now your eye sees the shield. (by that i mean you see the outline of the shield rather than the cock, never a good thing)

ultimately its all subjective of course.

Everything the club does reeks of marketing. We cannot escape it. We still have the same cock n ball, just encased in a shield which isn't that new as we've done that on previous kits. It's not a total revamp of our crest unlike the Woolwich's cartoon cannon. I to would hope Nike don't try to add too many new colours to our kit, if they just had lily white and flashes of navy trim it would be perfect. No need for grey sleeves or any other colour.

I get UA contract will probably run to a certain date 30/06/17? Just odd that the Nike deal hasn't been made official yet. When we switched to UA we knew a year in advance. I think we'll still be wearing UA on the Hong Kong trip as that's right after the season ends.

I can confirm that shirt is NOT our kit next year simply because the kit next to it is a concept chavs shirt made by @rupertalbe you can check it out on his twitter he also did our concepts that have been floating around with the cockerel in the back ground and dark blue sleeves..

Are we targeted by companies with red logos because they know their design will stand out on our shirt or something? Mansion, Thomson, AIA... It's so annoying!

Anyway, that Nike kit (if it is the real one, although even if it isn't I expect it to be very close to that) is okay but still not great. The sleeves are awful, completely unnecessary and over-designed, and I don't like the shield at all. Okay it might be harking back to our old kit but it simply doesn't look anything like that. It looks a lot more like the badge we had before the redesign. Then there's the sponsor which just looks shit. It's always our away or 3rd kit which is best because the home always has a red logo ruining it and usually some other terrible piece of design that destroys what should be one of the easiest kits going to get right. It's just a white shirt with blue trim FFS!

...if they're gonna go RED, at least do it right;
Courage_Brewery_logo.png

But seriously... I dunno why COURAGE don't put a cheeky bid in...
s-l225.jpg

Imagine having the word COURAGE and a COCKEREL as part of our Sponsors??

It's funny, having worn that exact top, (an original, not one bought on e-bay, thank you very much) until mine falls apart, I don't have to worry about having to buy a new, plain and simple kit for matchdays... but it wouldn't half be nice to see the players wearing one!

I remember getting the 1978 and 1981 kits at Ted Ditchburn's old sports shop just behind Romford Market (in the days when replica kits weren't that easy to come by) I still have the rather faded, rather small '81 kit... 'and sadly, I didn't have the bloody foresight to get an adult size when I was a kid or i'd still be wearing it!
I stopped buying home shirts when we kept signing up sponsors with red logos. My first replica shirt was the 1981 FA Cup final one, and I would love to wear it again, but it seems to have shrunk in storage. I've now decided that the polo shirts are actually better designed - last year's was especially smart (the one Harry wore when he accepted his Golden Boot).
PS - I remember Ted Ditchburn's shop too, met the great man himself on one occasion.

...if they're gonna go RED, at least do it right;
Courage_Brewery_logo.png

But seriously... I dunno why COURAGE don't put a cheeky bid in...
s-l225.jpg

Imagine having the word COURAGE and a COCKEREL as part of our Sponsors??
They are part of my spurs shirt dream team. Kit made by Fred Perry,local company(or was) shirts sponsored by Courage Best bitter(Chas&Dave) . It don't get much better than that.

Back
Top Bottom