Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has he? I haven't seen much.
He was literally one of our best players vs Burnley once he came on. And he looked solid the 65 minutes against Newcastle in the opening day game.

The thing is as I also posted in the Janssen thread. A player is not allowed to be okay, you are either fantastic or you are shit in today's supporter and media culture. The Umaxit channel nails it in their video on John Stones.

We as fans are set up through the media to have insane expectations of our players and a player just playing solidly/okay means he is shit. No inbetween. This encapsulates Sissoko's entire first season with us. He's never been an awful player, nor has he been out and out amazing, but as we and the sport at large is conditioned that means that he is shit and should be treated as such.

Sissoko is a solid footballer with a lot of potential as we can see when he hits his high points. We just need to find a way to get that out of him consistently.

He was literally one of our best players vs Burnley once he came on. And he looked solid the 65 minutes against Newcastle in the opening day game.

The thing is as I also posted in the Janssen thread. A player is not allowed to be okay, you are either fantastic or you are shit in today's supporter and media culture. The Umaxit channel nails it in their video on John Stones.

We as fans are set up through the media to have insane expectations of our players and a player just playing solidly/okay means he is shit. No inbetween. This encapsulates Sissoko's entire first season with us. He's never been an awful player, nor has he been out and out amazing, but as we and the sport at large is conditioned that means that he is shit and should be treated as such.

Sissoko is a solid footballer with a lot of potential as we can see when he hits his high points. We just need to find a way to get that out of him consistently.

Players like Ben Davies, Kevin Wimmer, Harry Winks and Eric Dier were "okay" last season. Didn't pull up any trees but did a solid job.

Sissoko was utter dog shite for at least 80% of his appearances last season. Comfortably the worst player out of 11 whenever he was on the pitch. Heavy touches everywhere, no creative passes whatsoever and possibly not a single shot that wasn't in the region of rows T-Z.

Granted he looked decent against Burnley when he came on, was unlucky not to have a couple of assists, and hopefully can replicate that level of performance moving forward. But to pretend he wasn't a complete embarrassment last season is pure injustice.

I agree that he was decent at Newcastle and quite good vs Burnley. I also agree that people tend to feel the need to group players in World Class and Dogshit categories with not much in between. That said, Sissoko was dogshit for about 90% of last season.

He brings pressure on himself by playing criminally below his ability at Newcastle, shining for France then coming to us with attitude problems. If he got his head down, worked hard and displayed a professional attitude, no one would mind at all. But for the negativity he brings, you expect a payout.

I agree with you about Burnley, he helped us take it up a gear. Close, but no cigar.

tenor.gif

Thats good sissoko has someone to talk to now!

This is great.

Sissoko always struck me as an outcast. Older than alot of our other players, probably not the best English either. I'm glad he has someone now who he knows and will probably interact with in and out of the training ground.

This is great.

Sissoko always struck me as an outcast. Older than alot of our other players, probably not the best English either. I'm glad he has someone now who he knows and will probably interact with in and out of the training ground.
Interview with Aurier is up on main Spurs site, Sissoko spoke positively to him about the club before he signed.

He brings pressure on himself by playing criminally below his ability at Newcastle, shining for France then coming to us with attitude problems. If he got his head down, worked hard and displayed a professional attitude, no one would mind at all. But for the negativity he brings, you expect a payout.

I agree with you about Burnley, he helped us take it up a gear. Close, but no cigar.

I get that but despite his woeful performance last season I did think he acted in a professional way and was not carping when on the subs bench for most games. Or did I miss something?

This is great.

Yeah the generational differences between 28 year-olds and 23 year-olds is huge.

Lloris was already a mate...he actually talked him into coming to Spurs...
Not to mention Nkoudou also speaks French. And some of the Belgians probably do as well. He was hardly isolated because of his language. Nkoudou mentioned it in an interview that Sissoko is one of those silent, bit laid back types. Kinda like Eriksen but not as flashy. He doesn't act out much in front of the cameras because he looks at football as a job. Fun in private, job during workhours

I think Nkoudou mentioned that Sissoko, Dembele and Wanyama were the Fifa crew or something like that

Back
Top Bottom