Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its unacceptable for our fans to be booing him, I have a real problem with that.
It must be difficult to play in front of 10s of thousand people at the best of times and then you get booed by your own fans.
Its disgusting.
I thought he had a nice cameo, to me he looked possibly the best I've seen so far. It was the fact he seemed comfy on the ball, that says to me he is getting some confidence back.
He has not even done ANYTHING remotely wrong. Didn't he start fitness training very early in the summer on his own before anyone else. I admire that, he obviously isn't just happy to collect his check every week.
Support the hell out of him, he is a Spurs player after all.
I didn't hear anybody boo him. He came on, looked decent. He got on the ball after doing a couple of things and it sounded to me like people were shouting "shoooot!". He actually looked our best player after coming on in my opinion

I maintain that there was actually a lot of singing at Wembley but the acoustics and sound engineering for TV etc are just shit. But yes, our songs are fucking unoriginal.
There was a lot of singing at least in part. The fans behind the goal are great. It seems a bit harder to get a prolonged chant together maybe because of the size but I didn't think it was a bad atmosphere actually in the stadium. If the game has been better then it would have been louder, too.

The bias amongst fans is mind-blowing. He played well when he came on, how the fuck can anyone not of noticed this? Why is he getting clog?
He doesn't tweet, he doesn't do selfies on planes, he doesn't smile, he doesn't do puppy eyes when he makes a mistake, or funny handshakes.

So therefore it's his fault when Alli plays crap.

He doesn't tweet, he doesn't do selfies on planes, he doesn't smile, he doesn't do puppy eyes when he makes a mistake, or funny handshakes.

So therefore it's his fault when Alli plays crap.
The bias is unfortunate, but he has to handle it. Fans still love Holtby more than Sissoko, because it is all about perception.

The thing I find hard to handle is, Sissoko is good. When I saw him play for France, he seemed unstoppable, like a Wanyama/Dembele hybrid! Where is this player? Is it the fault of our tactics that he is not a good fit? He's completely lost his confidence due to the pressure as well.

The bias is unfortunate, but he has to handle it. Fans still love Holtby more than Sissoko, because it is all about perception.

The thing I find hard to handle is, Sissoko is good. When I saw him play for France, he seemed unstoppable, like a Wanyama/Dembele hybrid! Where is this player? Is it the fault of our tactics that he is not a good fit? He's completely lost his confidence due to the pressure as well.
Gaffer needs to find a way to take the pressure off him so he can get back to firing on all cylinders.

Hopefully no longer being our record signing helps a little bit and he is more settled now after a year.

I'm quite sure in the Euro final when he had a very good game, he made those forward runs from CM spot, sometimes he drifted wide, as this video suggests.

That's what I said yesterday, he is box to box, attacking mid or holding mid but not right wing. Poch is playing him where he can't. It's same as asking Dembele to play there.

You better watch France V Portugal , June 2016.

The one where Sissoko played on the right wing?

:pochfacepalm:​

Screen-Shot-2016-07-10-at-12.29.00.png

The highlights where he performed was in the middle.

He can't play on right wing.

He's a right winger, who plays on the right wing, and has never said that he prefers to play in the middle.

You may have noticed that players don't run on rails, and right wingers occasionally can move away from the touchline.

He's a right winger, who plays on the right wing, and has never said that he prefers to play in the middle.

You may have noticed that players don't run on rails, and right wingers occasionally can move away from the touchline.
His best actions are in the middle. And that's where he is effective.
It's like asking Dembele to play on the left wing.

His best actions are in the middle. And that's where he is effective.
It's like asking Dembele to play on the left wing.

You don't know what Sissoko wants or likes, but he is clearly a right winger who plays on the right wing. Anything beyond that is just your opinion, so saying "he hates" this, or "he prefers" that is just bullshit without any evidence.

You don't know what Sissoko wants or likes, but he is clearly a right winger who plays on the right wing. Anything beyond that is just your opinion, so saying "he hates" this, or "he prefers" that is just bullshit without any evidence.
Did I say "he hates" this, or "he prefers" ? No.

Did I say "he hates" this, or "he prefers" ? No.

Literally a page ago you were claiming to be his brain...

Some of the blame goes to the manager, he is supposed to manage the player and get the best out of him. Sissoko wants to play in the middle, either attacking, box to box or holding midfield role. Seems he hates to play on the right wing so to get the best out of him play him where he wants to be and don't put him on the right wing.

May be he did but is not that his preferred position! Plus club football is different from a tournament football of 6-7 matches.

Back
Top Bottom