Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are the chances of offloading before close of window...seriously don't understand why Poch persists. He'll never be a player - time to call it a day.

Don't think he'll ever do for us but he played well today when he came on. Created two clear chances for eriksen and covered for trippier a lot defensively (unfortunately not enough) towards the end. I wonder if he's actually a part of Poch's plans or if he's just being put in the window
He did okay, but his touch is just horrendously woeful. Every time he gets the ball and doesn't lose it I am almost surprised, and everytime he receives it I have a sharp intake of breath. I struggle to believe that there aren't four or five players in our academy better than him and I don't know how he has ended up as a Champions League and international standard footballer.

did he just play well in the euro's ?
he must having been playing well before then to get in the France team
so how has he lost it by coming to us ?
even if he is asked to play a different role, he should still be able to control and pass a football, I understand he may be thinking more about the position Poch want's him to be in, instead on naturally playing his game

did he just play well in the euro's ?
he must having been playing well before then to get in the France team
so how has he lost it by coming to us ?
even if he is asked to play a different role, he should still be able to control and pass a football, I understand he may be thinking more about the position Poch want's him to be in, instead on naturally playing his game
he did well when he first arrived at newcastle. but he doesn't suit our style of play. he can do well when he is given space. a counter attacking team suits him. our style of doesn't utilize his strengths and his technique is too limited for our game

Ha ha, Sissoko is no where near his best for us. And he's definitely underperformed for us every chance he has got. So by all means, we should sell him and get someone better to try and make a difference. But at this point, I don't trust the :levylol: twat with more money from selling our players after what he's done with the Walker money.

Agreed. He should have had an assist as the pass to Eriksen was good and should have been converted.
Haven't seen a replay of it (odd it wasn't shown in MOTD highlights as it was a clear 1v1 chance), think it was still hard one for Eriksen to score from a volley, I felt at the time he called have brought that under control first, rather than try to hit first time. Admit that might not be the case after seeing a replay though.

Ha ha, Sissoko is no where near his best for us. And he's definitely underperformed for us every chance he has got. So by all means, we should sell him and get someone better to try and make a difference. But at this point, I don't trust the :levylol: twat with more money from selling our players after what he's done with the Walker money.
No one is saying he's a cracking player mate. Just mind boggles that this thread has people posting shite on him following a good sub appearance.

No one is saying he's a cracking player mate. Just mind boggles that this thread has people posting shite on him following a good sub appearance.
It's just a way of life. Perception, that's all it is. When Lamela came in, there was the Argentinian connection, people wanted to see the next Ardiles and of course he was decent in serie A. But despite him being dog shite for several months (injuries or whatever can be blamed), everybody wants him to succeed because of the first impression of him being a potential Bale replacement.

Sissoko when we signed him, really bad first impression, slated by Newcastle fans for not being consistent, signed as a panic buy when we were all expecting to sign someone world class, he's not had the luck many players get. Signed last minute, never really suited our style of play, etc.

He's at times been almost unstoppable for France, which means there is a really good player in there. But now his confidence is completely shot and he seems scared to try anything in case the fans jump on him.

The reality is that Sissoko is not shit. But he is flawed and limited. He was at Newcastle before and that is his level - premier league Newcastle. Maybe an Everton level player at best, some might be able to argue. Why the fuck we signed him I just don't know because he does not improve us and I'm not sure he offers much as a squad player either.

It's just a way of life. Perception, that's all it is. When Lamela came in, there was the Argentinian connection, people wanted to see the next Ardiles and of course he was decent in serie A. But despite him being dog shite for several months (injuries or whatever can be blamed), everybody wants him to succeed because of the first impression of him being a potential Bale replacement.

Sissoko when we signed him, really bad first impression, slated by Newcastle fans for not being consistent, signed as a panic buy when we were all expecting to sign someone world class, he's not had the luck many players get. Signed last minute, never really suited our style of play, etc.

He's at times been almost unstoppable for France, which means there is a really good player in there. But now his confidence is completely shot and he seems scared to try anything in case the fans jump on him.
Confirmation bias, prejudice and inability to a) Appraise football or footballers, mixed in with b) must hate on someone, must find a player to channel rage on.

If player plays shit say so. If the following week he plays well, say so. How fucking hard can that be?

DIVlcjoXUAAuMSy.jpg

Starting to feel sorry for him now.

He's clearly suffering from 'LamelaDempseyitis' in that people expected more from his price tag and because he wasn't what they wanted, he never had a chance from the start. Those fans who abused him before he even put the shirt on are the same ones who are the first on his back if we lose and he's on the pitch (despite doing nothing wrong) or on his back if he happens to misplace a pass.

DIVlcjoXUAAuMSy.jpg

Starting to feel sorry for him now.

He's clearly suffering from 'LamelaDempseyitis' in that people expected more from his price tag and because he wasn't what they wanted, he never had a chance from the start. Those fans who abused him before he even put the shirt on are the same ones who are the first on his back if we lose and he's on the pitch (despite doing nothing wrong) or on his back if he happens to misplace a pass.
Some people are just fucking shitheads.

If you wanna be critical of a player at least be constructive. Sissoko is a decent footballer but people expect a world beater because of his prize tag and that our team has honestly over performed for the last couple of seasons.

If all you do as a fan is sit around and hound players about when they are leaving, grow the fuck up and put on some big people pants.

Well shit, he might not be one of the better players we have at the club, but considering that he stays, I guess he wants to try again so for me that's enough for now. In contrast, some are injured for months and complaining that they are not getting enough money.

Some fucking idiots booed him when he came on on Sunday. Utterly disgraceful. He's trying his best. He's looked decent in patches. He's clearly got ability or he wouldn't have played do much for France. I know it's a shocking suggestion, but maybe if we backed our players better we'd get better from them?

Back
Top Bottom