Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Officially starting the Sissoko Support Society to counteract the scapegoating and unjust hate.

If you see any abuse on Twitter link it itt and SSS will collectively abuse the shit out of them.

Officially starting the Sissoko Support Society to counteract the scapegoating and unjust hate.

If you see any abuse on Twitter link it itt and SSS will collectively abuse the shit out of them.

There's some kind of player in there. A proper one if he finds his groove I'm certain. Maybe we should try and back him and see if that brings the best out of him. A little bit of Lillywhite love might just be what he needs

Some of the blame goes to the manager, he is supposed to manage the player and get the best out of him. Sissoko wants to play in the middle, either attacking, box to box or holding midfield role. Seems he hates to play on the right wing so to get the best out of him play him where he wants to be and don't put him on the right wing.

I don't like that fans are giving him stick and he's having to say that. I think you're entitled to an opinion on who stays or goes, but slagging someone off directly so they say that is only going to be negative to the man.
As a supporter, please support
DIVlcjoXUAAuMSy.jpg

Starting to feel sorry for him now.
He's clearly suffering from 'LamelaDempseyitis' in that people expected more from his price tag and because he wasn't what they wanted, he never had a chance from the start. Those fans who abused him before he even put the shirt on are the same ones who are the first on his back if we lose and he's on the pitch (despite doing nothing wrong) or on his back if he happens to misplace a pass.
Some people are just fucking shitheads.
If you wanna be critical of a player at least be constructive. Sissoko is a decent footballer but people expect a world beater because of his prize tag and that our team has honestly over performed for the last couple of seasons.

If all you do as a fan is sit around and hound players about when they are leaving, grow the fuck up and put on some big people pants.

Well shit, he might not be one of the better players we have at the club, but considering that he stays, I guess he wants to try again so for me that's enough for now. In contrast, some are injured for months and complaining that they are not getting enough money.

....they say that money ruins football....
What it ACTUALLY does is ruin fans!

Ones that support the money rich clubs suddenly become self-entitled cunts and simply demand success just cos their club is run on oil money...
and then there are those who only look at transfer fees, who somehow expext the player to hit the ground running and be an instant World beater JUST 'cos one filthy rich man paid another filthy rich man an obscene amount of money!
Then they wonder why the player struggles for form or confidence after one slow season...

I'm pretty sure, at no point in the proceedings, did Sissoko (or Lamela) say "I'm worth £30m... so that is what you pay for me..." the clubs do... that's Their lookout... not any player's!

...and then Danny Rose came along and pissed on my argument!

Some of the blame goes to the manager, he is supposed to manage the player and get the best out of him. Sissoko wants to play in the middle, either attacking, box to box or holding midfield role. Seems he hates to play on the right wing so to get the best out of him play him where he wants to be and don't put him on the right wing.

Good point.

He played on the wing for France at Euro 2016.

Its unacceptable for our fans to be booing him, I have a real problem with that.
It must be difficult to play in front of 10s of thousand people at the best of times and then you get booed by your own fans.
Its disgusting.
I thought he had a nice cameo, to me he looked possibly the best I've seen so far. It was the fact he seemed comfy on the ball, that says to me he is getting some confidence back.
He has not even done ANYTHING remotely wrong. Didn't he start fitness training very early in the summer on his own before anyone else. I admire that, he obviously isn't just happy to collect his check every week.
Support the hell out of him, he is a Spurs player after all.

Let's not forget he chose Spurs of Everton.
That's actually a very good point. And we put Everton in their place at the same time. To me he always looks frightened to let loose on the pitch. Lonely even. If only he was to score a really important goal, injury time match winner maybe, I reckon we'd see a totally different player from that point onwards.

Its unacceptable for our fans to be booing him, I have a real problem with that.
It must be difficult to play in front of 10s of thousand people at the best of times and then you get booed by your own fans.
Its disgusting.
I thought he had a nice cameo, to me he looked possibly the best I've seen so far. It was the fact he seemed comfy on the ball, that says to me he is getting some confidence back.
He has not even done ANYTHING remotely wrong. Didn't he start fitness training very early in the summer on his own before anyone else. I admire that, he obviously isn't just happy to collect his check every week.
Support the hell out of him, he is a Spurs player after all.

If you're going to boo one of our players, please do me and all the real Spurs fans a favour and fuck off down the road to support that lot. You're not welcome, especially when genuine fans can't afford a ticket because you whacked yourself on a members list because you thought it would be a cool day out (if you're reading this you fucking idiots)

Sissoko is a family man with a heart; he looks after himself financially just as every responsible human being does. He's clearly someone who thrives on having an arm round him as opposed to being screamed at. Support the team and we will have a cracking season.

Some fucking idiots booed him when he came on on Sunday. Utterly disgraceful. He's trying his best. He's looked decent in patches. He's clearly got ability or he wouldn't have played do much for France. I know it's a shocking suggestion, but maybe if we backed our players better we'd get better from them?

Why do so few of our players have songs about them now? I remember in like 2008 where it seemed almost every one going had a song or chant. I can imagine hearing the fans chant your name would do his confidence a world of good - goes for a few other players in our squad too.

I don't get the lack of chants. What's changed? At Wembley I didn't even hear any chants vs Burnley.

Why do so few of our players have songs about them now? I remember in like 2008 where it seemed almost every one going had a song or chant. I can imagine hearing the fans chant your name would do his confidence a world of good - goes for a few other players in our squad too.

I don't get the lack of chants. What's changed? At Wembley I didn't even hear any chants vs Burnley.
I maintain that there was actually a lot of singing at Wembley but the acoustics and sound engineering for TV etc are just shit. But yes, our songs are fucking unoriginal.

Night and day going back even a few years ago, just look at the way Soldado was treated - sure he had a lot climb on his back but he had so many more supporting him even in his struggles. Plenty singing for him and that support made him love the shirt, even if it never worked out for him.

Sissoko has the talent, just needs a lift I think. Utterly rhymable name, get it together and put a song together for the man.

Back
Top Bottom