Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I read lots of crap about panic buying and not what we need etc. Everyone thought that getting into the CL meant Ronaldo and Pele were on their way

I think the "panic buy" label comes from trying to understand the signing. It doesn't add up to most people.
The age of the player.
His history
The fee.

I said at the time that a fee of half what we paid would have seemed high to me for the player it was very evident we would be getting. Again, it isn't slagging Sissoko off, it's just that he isn't at our level and certainly isn't a £30M player. And it all happened suddenly on the last day of the window. It was either a panic buy or just a very foolish buy, or I suppose there is a small chance there was something dodgy in the deal. I think it is understandable to think that having got in the CL, £30M would buy us a better player than Sissoko. Even with CL and money it is not always straightforward to sign the best players, that I agree with you on, but it would have been better to sign no one if £30M for Sissoko was the only alternative.

I think the "panic buy" label comes from trying to understand the signing. It doesn't add up to most people.
The age of the player.
His history
The fee.

I said at the time that a fee of half what we paid would have seemed high to me for the player it was very evident we would be getting. Again, it isn't slagging Sissoko off, it's just that he isn't at our level and certainly isn't a £30M player. And it all happened suddenly on the last day of the window. It was either a panic buy or just a very foolish buy, or I suppose there is a small chance there was something dodgy in the deal. I think it is understandable to think that having got in the CL, £30M would buy us a better player than Sissoko. Even with CL and money it is not always straightforward to sign the best players, that I agree with you on, but it would have been better to sign no one if £30M for Sissoko was the only alternative.
No French Mafia signing in my opinion simply that Dembele was suspended for 6 games and Sissoko had just just bossed the Euros.
I guess we thought we would get that player. Then 30M would be fine.

I'm not going to go as far as to say 'I told you so' (because I didn't!) but I have to admit to being very worried when I saw that gif of his turbo warm up routine in the Euros.

It just felt like he was a bluffer, when Poch needs committed players in his system. I'm just not sure how committed Moussa is, or ever will be. I'm not a hater and I do hope he comes good, but maybe he's just not got the right character for this team.

Agree with the above it seemed that we felt or the club possibly felt us the fans wanted a signing and they opted for Sissoko! What ever the circumstances it happened and that's that thankfully though it didn't derail our season and he directly didn't do owt to harm it whether a bad decision or no to sign him,he moves on we move on that's football.

I'm not going to go as far as to say 'I told you so' (because I didn't!) but I have to admit to being very worried when I saw that gif of his turbo warm up routine in the Euros.

It just felt like he was a bluffer, when Poch needs committed players in his system. I'm just not sure how committed Moussa is, or ever will be. I'm not a hater and I do hope he comes good, but maybe he's just not got the right character for this team.

I felt the same, and I think I was the one who kept posting the Vines and GIFs of it.

I've been impressed by his character, though. It just seems like this whole time he's just not a player that is compatible with our system. We play a high number of passes, with intelligent tactical switches - Sissoko seems like a classic footballer that just wants to run around and kick it, much like the Redknapp or Sherwood style of play.

He's a fast and very strong player, so I have no doubt he'll look good playing for another team (probably someone like Man Utd would make him look good), I just hope he goes abroad because I have a feeling he'll be a player we'll be worried about coming up against if he stays in the PL. Sounds stupid considering how some rate him so lowly, but mark my words.

He is a fast and powerful runner. Just do not think he is a good enough footballer. No doubt he can run faster than most players and wins 50-50 with his strength. But he cannot cross or play accurate passes longer than 15 yards. His physical attributes are good but footballing skills are very average. He is probably a little like Paulinho. Could become a legend in China, and hopefully better for Spurs money wise.

He is a fast and powerful runner. Just do not think he is a good enough footballer. No doubt he can run faster than most players and wins 50-50 with his strength. But he cannot cross or play accurate passes longer than 15 yards. His physical attributes are good but footballing skills are very average. He is probably a little like Paulinho. Could become a legend in China, and hopefully better for Spurs money wise.

Let's trust Poch and his coaching team on Sissoko and Janssen

If they are both shite then they will be gone this summer

If Poch sees something then let's get behind them

Remember the shit Lamela, Rose, Walker et al used to get, even Harry!

Now look at them
:levyeyes:

According to Swedish newspapers.

You might be able to translate it.

Franska lagets drag inför mötet med Sverige

But as I read it in a defensive midfielder role. A role I believe he might actually be pretty good at. He's got the physique and the speed. I'm but on not sure about his head, if he's ambitious enough and smart enough to read the game to be in the right place where he's needed and his ability to pass forward after taking the ball.

Last edited:
According to Swedish newspapers.

You might be able to translate it.

Franska lagets drag inför mötet med Sverige

But as I read it in a defensive midfielder role. A role I believe he might actually be pretty good at. He's got the physique and the speed. I'm but on not sure about his head, if he's ambitious enough and smart enough to read the game to be in the right place where he's needed and his ability to pass forward after taking the ball.

Ye, central midfield to act as a counter to Sweden's counter attack threat.

Starts.
DB5eWkeXoAQeWGG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom