Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have you ever heard of a sale being made that way before, not just in football, but in any kind of business? It's insane, what possible leverage would Ashley or whoever have in the negotiation?

Ashley: I see you have just sold Sissoko for 20 million. You've paid your first installment so that's 24 million you owe me.

Levy. No, I'm not going to pay that. I'll give you 8 million and loan you an N' player we might have lying around

Ashley: But... but... but...

Isn't it a thousand times more likely that this is a standard practice £30 million payable in 5 installments, outstanding balance on sale, as happens hundreds of times every season?

It seems to me that people made this fantasy up (despite there being no evidence to back up the claim) because they couldn't face the fact that we'd been sold a lemon at a vastly inflated price at needed to spin it so Levy came out looking quite the Clever Trevor

An N player we have lying about fuck me I took that in COMPLETELY wrong context :dembelelol::clintonohshit:

It's not bizarre it just didn't work out. If he was brilliant it wouldn't be a weird signing

I thought he was a weird signing he just didn't fit the mold of what we normally go for , I'm convinced we procrastinated and missed our main targets and panicked and bought Sissoko , Newcastle made him available as soon as they went down , we signed him in the 11th hour of deadline day doesn't take a genius to work out he wasn't that high up on the shopping list.

Can't believe people can still argue that he's not been a complete and utter shocker of a signing , he's Pauliniho bad.

He hasn't. Paulinho was shit - cost us games, embarrasingly poor tackles, hide behind the sofa shots.

When Sissoko leaves, there won't be any clips of him that make him look shit - just not enough to make him look worth £30m. Let's not live in a fantasy world.

I thought he was a weird signing he just didn't fit the mold of what we normally go for , I'm convinced we procrastinated and missed our main targets and panicked and bought Sissoko , Newcastle made him available as soon as they went down , we signed him in the 11th hour of deadline day doesn't take a genius to work out he wasn't that high up on the shopping list.

There is one thing with a last minute deal out of the blue, and another with it being a strange signing. Levy is notorious for this tactic so panic buy it may well not have been. He could have been haggling all week for all we know.

We signed VDV at the deadline too, and lots of fans greeted it with the same kind of "weird signing for overhyped, injured, past it player" stuff there too, until he turned legend overnight.

Had Sissoko performed like the player we tried to buy (on the back of his Euros) he would have absolutely fit our mould in the middle...a power house playmaker who could almost be described as box to box.
Dembele was suspended for the first 6 games of the season and Poch clearly had one eye on playing Dier back in defence at some point in the season.
I also believe that Lamelas injury was part of the reason Sissoko was always later used as an option out wide. Sissoko's early appearances were in central midfield.

Its not as odd as people make out, and as I said, if he played as well as Dembele and Wanyama no one would question it.

He hasn't. Paulinho was shit - cost us games, embarrasingly poor tackles, hide behind the sofa shots.

When Sissoko leaves, there won't be any clips of him that make him look shit - just not enough to make him look worth £30m. Let's not live in a fantasy world.

He hasn't played much but I'm pretty confident I could make a pretty good blooper reel of Sissoko displacing 5 yard passes failing to receive a ball properly tackling like a moron and generally being a gangly fucktard, the real reason this was a terrible signing tho is because apart from a handful of games he was complete and utter shite for Newcastle.

We paid 30 million for a player that can't even control a football.

Levy has been pretty close to bullet proof lately but Sissoko is an embarrassment.

There is one thing with a last minute deal out of the blue, and another with it being a strange signing. Levy is notorious for this tactic so panic buy it may well not have been. He could have been haggling all week for all we know.

We signed VDV at the deadline too, and lots of fans greeted it with the same kind of "weird signing for overhyped, injured, past it player" stuff there too, until he turned legend overnight.

Had Sissoko performed like the player we tried to buy (on the back of his Euros) he would have absolutely fit our mould in the middle...a power house playmaker who could almost be described as box to box.
Dembele was suspended for the first 6 games of the season and Poch clearly had one eye on playing Dier back in defence at some point in the season.
I also believe that Lamelas injury was part of the reason Sissoko was always later used as an option out wide. Sissoko's early appearances were in central midfield.

Its not as odd as people make out, and as I said, if he played as well as Dembele and Wanyama no one would question it.

There are no doubt some good points in amongst that lot Sammy but I just can't get past the fact that there was already a mountain of evidence that Sissoko who had already had three years in English football that strongly suggest that Sissoko is incapable of becoming a player as influential as Rafa was.

Maybe we won't sell him, we will buy a wide player and next season he will step in alongside Wanyama when Dembele can't play and Winks is recovering, and totally rinse it .
Scoring over 10 goals, along with the usual suspects, propelling us to a title.

its a funny old game

Played 70 minutes in the Man City 2-0 game at WHL.

This video typifies the general impact he made in games, and while Im not saying thats every bit a 30M pound player, I am accepting that he is not "utter shit" or has no ball skill, cant pass or doesnt fit our style of play.

People have gone completely over the top with Sissoko. Dissapointing first season absolutely, but all this "he doesnt even resemble a footballer" stuff......nah, thats just fake news Im afraid.

Tweet something enough, it becomes true.

Did anyone really react like that to VDV? I remember being absolutely elated when we signed him and stunned when I saw how little we paid for him. With Sissoko I wanted to cry at the signing and I did cry at the price when I heard it.

The thing with Sissoko is simply that he is not that great. He has moments that are pretty good and moments that are pretty shit. Ultimately his level is the likes of premier league Newcastle. He was at his level and then we signed him off the back of a decent summer tournament where he played a handful of games, ignoring several seasons in the league. It was a mental signing for us and the price was truly bizarre. He is not our worst signing as a footballer, that would be unfair by a long way. But he was probably our worst signing in terms of the purchase price for what we got for that money, combined with how obvious it was that we would get the player we did. It wasn't a youngster with potential, it was a very bad decision through and through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom