Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still would like to see him given a match in the Dembele role as box to box midfielder. That's when he was at his best for Newcastle. (alas won't happen this season now) I never considered him a winger.

Ignoring his price tag I think he has still had some positive appearances for us and hasn't had a proper run in the team so I don't get all the stick he gets. It isn't like he is playing poorly every week he's hardly had a chance.

Wouldn't surprise me to see us sell him for £17m rising to £23m with bonuses (as an example), only for it to transpire that we made a profit
:levyeyes:

Whatever you think of him as a player, he never struck me as a Poch type character. He doesn't have enough fight in him. GKN seems a bit soft too. You can watch all the videos and matches you like but you only really get to know the character when he joins the club.

Why buy him in the first place then? At least give him a chance on the field

Same with N'koudou - what a waste. Even against Millwall they couldn't get a run - N'koudou wasn't even on the bench ffs.

Really don't think so.

After this summer he'll only be remembered at Spurs as a trivia question.

Who's is the joke on then (besides anyone mug enough to buy him from us)?

There's a £30m (+ reported £90kpw) hole in our transfer budget with his name on it.

Trust me.... Gonna be hard to swallow next time we hear "we couldn't afford" x or y perceived key signing for the sake of a couple of mill.... Moutinho, Mane... Isco next maybe?

Maybe it's just me, but I'll be shocked if I'm genuinely alone in my thinking.

...What's more I'm petrified were gonna repeat this fuck up all over again and blow a similar amount of fookin Zaha.

Who's is the joke on then (besides anyone mug enough to buy him from us)?

There's a £30m (+ reported £90kpw) hole in our transfer budget with his name on it.

Trust me.... Gonna be hard to swallow next time we hear "we couldn't afford" x or y perceived key signing for the sake of a couple of mill.... Moutinho, Mane... Isco next maybe?

Maybe it's just me, but I'll be shocked if I'm genuinely alone in my thinking.

We've wasted more money and wages on worse players recently, so I wouldn't worry about it

We've wasted more money and wages on worse players recently, so I wouldn't worry about it

LOL...Guess I could do with little more of your mindset, but that 'consolation' only compounds my above fear sadly... We are shit when it comes to spending so-called 'proper' money and don't appear to learn our lesson.

We're prudent and do good work improving the squad whilst managing our tight budget and then fuck all our good work up in a move of apparent desperation.

In the case of Sissoko... Spent the entire previous year with no striker; club & manager both insisting it's futile to spend unless it's the RIGHT player (hard to accept at the time, give our predicament, but we got away with it and the decision just about vindicated)... Only for us to, in the following summer, bring in the Oxfam version of Mane for the same fee on the strength of a few tournament games (a blunder akin to the signing of Paulinho)... What happened to the notion of not spending until we found the exact player we sought (not simply some vague "relatively nimble big bloke" profile)?

Just baffling for a club that is otherwise so commendably frugal and financially well run... Why so often these wild moments that go against the grain of what generally serves us so well...?

- Bent: That fee was massive for us back then... Prob still just about the record for a championship striker some 10+ years later!
- Pav: "The Wrong Russian"
- Soldado: Blatantly the wrong kind of striker.
- Paulinho: Slap-dash tournament-scouting at it's worst!
- Son: Still a work in progress IMO but not cut out to be a CF as initially assured... A player whom, despite our outlay, may lose his peak years to military duty FFS!
- Sissoko: See 'The Brazilian Lampard' above; albeit with a poor PL-record which was seemingly ignored t'boot!

Aside for the evolution of Lamela (The saga continues.... Ooops! Wrong thread! : P ) & Modrich have we ever got a big money transfer right during the ENIC era?

LOL...Guess I could do with little more of your mindset, but that 'consolation' only compounds my above fear sadly... We are shit when it comes to spending so-called 'proper' money and don't appear to learn our lesson.

We're prudent and do good work improving the squad whilst managing our tight budget and then fuck all our good work up in a move of apparent desperation.

In the case of Sissoko... Spent the entire previous year with no striker; club & manager both insisting it's futile to spend unless it's the RIGHT player (hard to accept at the time, give our predicament, but we got away with it and the decision just about vindicated)... Only for us to, in the following summer, bring in the Oxfam version of Mane for the same fee on the strength of a few tournament games (a blunder akin to the signing of Paulinho)... What happened to the notion of not spending until we found the exact player we sought (not simply some vague "relatively nimble big bloke" profile)?

Just baffling for a club that is otherwise so commendably frugal and financially well run... Why so often these wild moments that go against the grain of what generally serves us so well...?

- Bent: That fee was massive for us back then... Prob still just about the record for a championship striker some 10+ years later!
- Pav: "The Wrong Russian"
- Soldado: Blatantly the wrong kind of striker.
- Paulinho: Slap-dash tournament-scouting at it's worst!
- Son: Still a work in progress IMO but not cut out to be a CF as initially assured... A player whom, despite our outlay, may lose his peak years to military duty FFS!
- Sissoko: See 'The Brazilian Lampard' above; albeit with a poor PL-record which was seemingly ignored t'boot!

Aside for the evolution of Lamela (The saga continues.... Ooops! Wrong thread! : P ) & Modrich have we ever got a big money transfer right during the ENIC era?

You're including Son with that lot? Are you having a laugh?

have we ever got a big money transfer right during the ENIC era?

Lamela isn't really a successful transfer though is he, based on our spend, and especially in the current climes. He could be, but isn't yet. I think if his career ended now, he'd be put in that list unfortunately.

The success rate of our high-value transfers makes me question why we are so bothered about them - we do better off when we buy cheap or promote from within.

Back
Top Bottom