Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sissoko has played 565 minutes.
That works out to be a total of 6 games of Spurs total 41 games this season.

He's played 90 minutes once.

For me, he generally makes an impact when he comes on, offers some drive, and has a couple of assists.

I dont know how anyone can support Vinny and not Sissoko.....oh he has a serious face so deserves no patience or sympathy and is shit. Ridiculous.

If he was all smiles like Son, it would all be "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww poor Sissy"

Ask any Newcastle fan about that

I did ask 'any' Newcastle fan at the time we bought him.

--
"Far too inconsistent and scarily devoid of end product for anything like that cash . You've got a great athlete and box to box midfielder with very average assists and goals."

--
"Awful player, you only have to look at his stats for us over the past three seasons to see that. Can't pass, shoot or dribble. He gets by on his pace and strength alone which he only demonstrates when he can be bothered."

--
"Wouldn't be surprised to see the lad get tackled by a cone."

--
"He might play very well for you guys. When we were playing well in the past, he was always up there. But when the match isn't going your way and you need a player to really get the team going, it should be Sissoko but it never is. He's powerful, but he desperately lacks any control of the ball. He dribbles like we all did when we played at school i.e. kick it as hard as possible and chase after it. He gets through one on one with the keeper a lot, but I don't think I've ever seen him score that way.

I think £30m is at least £10m more than he's worth, but who knows which version of Sissoko you'll end up with?"

--
"An absolute force on his day, but that day doesn't come round very often. Doesn't score or create many, but we've been s**** for the last few years so I'll be interested to see how he fairs in your team. When he was here he had the luxury of knowing he could be a lazy bastard and still play every week. He won't get that luxury at Spurs i doubt. Make sure you play him when the Sky cameras are there tho as that's when he ups his game.

It might sound like a lot of sour grapes, but Townsend probably contributed more than Sissoko last season and he only signed in January and was one of the few who genuinely seemed to be trying to pull us out of the hole we were in. Really would've liked him to stay."

--
"He was without doubt one of the biggest reasons we got relegated last year. His return of goals and assists from such an attacking position (he doesn't do tracking back) was pathetic. He's powerful and fast and that's about it really. He'll muscle past two or three players then fluff a shot or hit the first man with a s**** cross. That sort of player."

--
"He's not as bad as this thread or the most extreme Newcastle fan comments will suggest. His best performance was in his first match with us, against Chelsea and he bossed the match, was the best athlete on the pitch, and finished goals with confidence. He's not good enough to consistently replicate his peak performance, which is why we were even able to buy him for cheap in the first place. Subsequently, he's a very frustrating player because once every month or two you can see him be the game-changing midfielder you know he's capable of, but the rest of the time he's only mediocre, and if there's a type of player fans hate more than an outright bad footballer, it's one who teases you with ability but fails to deliver consistently, leaving you questioning their focus/drive/commitment/whatever.

He specifically makes it worse by clearly remembering how great he can be, wanting a move to a club where only on his best days he's good enough, while doing nothing to improve his consistency."

--
"It is his attitude rather than his lack of consistency that annoys me about him."

--
"If I was to give a brief summary of him it would be, poor attitude, often doesn't put in the required effort and awful end product.

On his day he can deliver but his day is only about 5 games out of 38 and that's probably being kind to him.

He's got the raw attributes to be a good player but he needs to work on his final delivery or shot. Most of all though he needs to address his application or rather lack if it."

--
"Won't lie, was laughing last night when we got £30m. Sissoko and us were not the right fit. We were always a struggling side and he wanted no part of it. He turned it on against the bigger clubs but failed when our backs were up against the wall, which was often. He undoubtedly has talent but he thinks he doesn't have to put in the effort.

At Spurs you'll more be the dominant team more often than not so he'll be called upon less. Main thing is his attitude. He is a classic 'le strop' and if he isn't happy his unprofessionalism shines through. I guess the biggest alarm bell for you was is his attitude yesterday when he wouldn't answer the phone to Everton."

pretty much what you'd expect from a fan forum.

no doubt a good run, I think it helped them being tired as the ball almost got away from him, a sharper defender would probably have nicked the ball but credit where credit is due, his run led to the goal and he pushed aside a very physical team.

Sissoko has played 565 minutes.
That works out to be a total of 6 games of Spurs total 41 games this season.

He's played 90 minutes once.

For me, he generally makes an impact when he comes on, offers some drive, and has a couple of assists.

I dont know how anyone can support Vinny and not Sissoko.....oh he has a serious face so deserves no patience or sympathy and is shit. Ridiculous.

If he was all smiles like Son, it would all be "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww poor Sissy"

Agree. It's not like he's actually made any mistakes either, although people seem to obsess over his every touch and rant about him if unicorns aren't born every time he makes a pass.

He showed a lot more yesterday in Wanyama's position I felt, with his attributes meaning he can be very effective when tanking through the midfield with the ball.

I'm not particularly a fan of him (all you need do is look at my feelings about the transfer before it was made), but I don't feel that he deserves the stick he gets. I think it'd be more justified if he was like Xhaka, who cost the same (speculatively) and is a liability.

He'll no doubt be gone in the summer, and certainly isn't taking up any starting berths instead of anyone better, so I don't get what the fuss is all about.

When he picked up the ball in his own half yesterday and drove at them with a glorious mixture of pace power and aggression it was a joy to behold it was reminiscent of something Gareth Bale would have done for us it delighted me because it was such positive and decisive play but it also frustrated me because I saw a glimmer of a player that could be an absolute force in English football but he constantly underperforms and goes missing instead , he's a player that I feel could of been special if someone had found the key to unlocking his potential as a younger player but I think we'll only ever see his quality in fits and starts now alas I cannot see him being a success for Spurs and I would like him sold to the highest bidder this summer.

When he picked up the ball in his own half yesterday and drove at them with a glorious mixture of pace power and aggression it was a joy to behold it was reminiscent of something Gareth Bale would have done for us it delighted me because it was such positive and decisive play but it also frustrated me because I saw a glimmer of a player that could be an absolute force in English football but he constantly underperforms and goes missing instead , he's a player that I feel could of been special if someone had found the key to unlocking his potential as a younger player but I think we'll only ever see his quality in fits and starts now alas I cannot see him being a success for Spurs and I would like him sold to the highest bidder this summer.

He seems like a player that can only work in one system. 4-3-3 where he's the spare midfielder. On the wings or in a two man midfield, he looks an absolute liability.

Not surprised by quote does not offer many assists or goals. Seems reluctant to shoot or do anything to take a chance and prefers to make a simple pass. That run yesterday was different and we need to see more runs like that but if he gets an opening I want to see him shoot. In previous matches when given the ball down the right he gives it straight back to the nearest player and does not take the responsibility of putting in the cross.

Back
Top Bottom