Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's all been said - a completely baffling signing, the barcodes were cheering and most of us were non-plussed, I tried to give him the benefit of doubt for a long time but the ball just bounces off him, and in the end my heart sank whenever I saw him limbering up.

Nothing against the lad but I'd like to see him gone, mainly because it a) re-affirms my belief that Poch's team know what they want and get rid of what we don't need & b) frees up space for kids like Edwards.

Didn't see it. So can't comment.

But, sometimes he looks so powerful surging through the middle with the ball, some players look scared and back off.

Wish we saw that more often.

For such a unit of a man he appears to have nothing about him. I think it's all in his head.

He had a chance to shoot early on and tried a pass rather than take the responsibility to try and score. After that it was simple sideways or backward passes. He needs to have a go at producing something. This was the performance of a young kid playing his first game and trying to give the ball to a senior player to create something. Yes he was solid in defence and did not really make a mistake BUT he needs to do a whole lot more. I wonder what the Coaching instructions are?

He had a chance to shoot early on and tried a pass rather than take the responsibility to try and score. After that it was simple sideways or backward passes.

Dembele can be the same, so it tells me that Poch perhaps instructs all but the most creative to keep it simple and not try anything that could break down an attack.

For such a unit of a man he appears to have nothing about him. I think it's all in his head.
Serious confidence issues IMO. Had to live up to the price tag. Started his time with us poorly. Dropped to bench. Lost his place in the France squad. Now struggling to recover.

Poch clearly sees something in him. I try and maintain the faith, rather than succumbing to the knee jerk hate.

I am usually one to give new players alot of time, but its clear this guy doesn't have what it takes.

He doesn't even have the usual excuses like:
-Young player
-No PL Experience

He is what he is and its not good enough.

Janssen made so much more of an impact when he came on

Serious confidence issues IMO. Had to live up to the price tag. Started his time with us poorly. Dropped to bench. Lost his place in the France squad. Now struggling to recover.

Poch clearly sees something in him. I try and maintain the faith, rather than succumbing to the knee jerk hate.

I'm trying to too but I'm struggling ( not hate btw, I don't hate any Spurs player). I just find him a baffling signing.

Maybe it'll take a seeason for Poch to get his head right but at the moment , he's not a starter.

Sadly....

giphy.gif

Thought he was a shade better than last outing, but that's not saying much.
I have noticed he's not getting the ball passed to him even when he's open and obvious.

Another Spurs high money signing that has turned out poorly.

He should be so much better than he is...
Is it now just psychological?
'cos something about him made us pay ยฃ30m for him... Poch, Levy and the Board can't all be idiots!

Shame, but I just can't see him staying beyond the Summer... even Janssen has a chance after tonights' showing!

You know when you go ice skating for the first time and you sort of run with tiny little tentative steps to get going cause you can't actually skate. And you're always on the verge of going Arse over tit....that's what Sissoko looks like in possession.

Back
Top Bottom