Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

30 million is no doubt crazy money, and a bizarre move given our recent transfer history. But if it improves the team, it's worth it. If this works out, it could have the potential to open all kinds of space for the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela to operate in. It's hard to argue our team as a whole has not improved, and it's not like there was loads of room for improvement. Let's just see what happens, shall we?

People mentioning his terrible and lazy attitude.
Didn't seem to be a problem whilst playing for France.

Let's wait and see if that continues under Poch now that his national captain is also club captain.
I doubt Poch/Levy would have sanctioned this move without first consulting Hugo for his appraisal of Sissoko.
I will be staggered if Poch/Hugo can't motivate him to put a shift in consistently more than Coloccini and Steve McClown could muster.

If Sissoko can walk into the changing rooms and on the training pitch and play/train like a lazy fuck in front of his national captain then he's got a big set of balls.

Agree with the above.

I suspect Lloris would have been consulted about this and his attitude.

That the guy can turn it in and off does seem questionable. He's not played a match yet for us however so let's give him a chance.

If Sissoko turns out to be a flop it is purely that clown levy's fault, no one elses. Paul Mitchell should be scouting and targeting players, not poch or even levy. Sorry not sorry.

Jesus.....

What if (completely left field thinking here) we bought Sissoko because the manager wanted him because Mitchell recommended him.

What if.

No, you don't know shit that proves otherwise.

Worse than Adebayor, mind you he'll always show up in the big games. As long as the TV cameras are there he will perform just don't expect shit from him if we're playing WBA

Let's say it's true that he plays his best football in big games (there can be many reasons for that, or for it looking like that, which doesn't involve attitude), if you look at last season isn't that excactly what we need? Or even the way we started this season.

We are practically unable to beat top half teams. We picked most our points from being effective against the smaller clubs. With a player like Sissoko, with his ability to turn defence into attack quickly with his strong running on the ball, we may have just what we need to turn some of the big-game draws into wins.

I am optimistic he will be a good signing as I'd assume he was scouted correctly. however, On anther level of consideration the deal makes zero sense. He's 27. He's expensive and he has no obvious position in the squad let alone the team. Is it possible Dangerous Daniel got sucked into a panic buy? If we look at the scatter gun approach of the last couple of weeks and the likes of bidding for shit like Zaha. If Sissoko was top target why we bidding elsewhere and pcertainly why we not bidding before the season ? At 30 million we saved fuck all by waiting and had 3 games already again. Oh well. What's done is done.

I like the signing in large part because I believe in Poch and Lloris. There's no question that Sissoko has had motivation issues in the past, but this is the first time he's played for a "big" club in major competitions and he's always played massively when the attention has been on him (i.e - on TV, against big clubs, for France). I don't think we would sign him if Poch and Lloris weren't both on board with the deal.

Given that - he's a huge talent and he fits what we need badly. He's a fucking ox on the ball, he dribbles people like no other CM other than Dembele and he's pacey with a ton of stamina. He's got a nice end product as well, setting others up for scoring chances regularly.

If it wasn't for the motivation questions, Sissoko is a 50m midfielder in this current market. I have faith in Poch and Lloris sorting him out, and if that's the case I think this will end up looking like a steal.

In terms of actual fit the purchase makes sense, as Waynama is to Dier, Sissoko is to Dembele a like for like if not as good as Dembele (although not many are).

Other positive is like Dembele he can play anywhere in the AM role not just central midfield and let's be honest we are light there.

Overall the window is 6/10 for me, got rid of players we don't need, got a few good signings in key positions but really lack a top playmaker, shame we could not have gotten Isco or Coric.

I like the signing in large part because I believe in Poch and Lloris. There's no question that Sissoko has had motivation issues in the past, but this is the first time he's played for a "big" club in major competitions and he's always played massively when the attention has been on him (i.e - on TV, against big clubs, for France). I don't think we would sign him if Poch and Lloris weren't both on board with the deal.

Given that - he's a huge talent and he fits what we need badly. He's a fucking ox on the ball, he dribbles people like no other CM other than Dembele and he's pacey with a ton of stamina. He's got a nice end product as well, setting others up for scoring chances regularly.

If it wasn't for the motivation questions, Sissoko is a 50m midfielder in this current market. I have faith in Poch and Lloris sorting him out, and if that's the case I think this will end up looking like a steal.
This is a great point. Whilst we'd all like to get the top top players to come to the Lane, the reality is Bayern, Madrid and Barca have them sown up.

Our policy since the wasted Bale money appears to have been buy potential. Perhaps we find ourselves in the scenario where if we want top talent we also have to take on board an element of risk, a 'damaged goods' philosophy. It's true, if that version of Sissoko that played in the knockout rounds of the Euro's was the one you saw in 2 of every 3 matches for example, he'd have gone to one of the giants or financially doped clubs for close to double what we're paying (IMO).

So fingers crossed Poch gets the best out of him.

I am not over the moon about sissoko as he has a poor attitude, was over priced and loves the scum. BUT if poch wants him enough that Levi Roots was prepared to put 30 mil for him then I'm happy. End of the days we need numbers and he will strengthen our bench. In poch we trust.

Back
Top Bottom