Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont like Sissoko for many reasons but he's a lilywhite now so all we can hope is he offers something extra to the team

It will all depend on how he copes with the way Poch approaches the game because he has all the assets to be a top player

VDV was backing us. This signing is taking the piss. It's a huge gamble on a player who is very inconsistent, often can't be arsed, got relegated, and who's attitude often stinks. I love your optimism, but this is one if the most depressing transactions we've done, as it shows how much our money - as fans, supporters, subscribers - is treated like shit.
We'll see. I predict he will become an important player for us.
Why Pochettino has spent £30m on Sissoko

We'll see. I predict he will become an important player for us.
Why Pochettino has spent £30m on Sissoko
I'm sure he will have positive moments for us and he's shown snippets of brilliance in the PL. but the £30m is still obscene in my view, as is the general point that fans spend so much hard earned money on everything to do with football and yet it is splashed about by clubs in an almost gluttonous manner.

We needed another player - ignore the fee.

Mason, Carroll, Bentaleb, etc had all been proven too lightweight at one stage or another.

Poch seemingly wants a small squad where players can play multiple positions, Sissoko fits that well.
It's not so much the fee (definitely the player though). It's more that it's such a blatant last-minute-panic-signing. We've heard so much about how Poch values character and he doesn't want to unsettle the dressing room, which is why he passed on Boufal, for then to sign Moussa Sissoko. This guy is the most toxic cunt in the universe, his treatment of Everton in this saga says enough about his character for me. Shambolic window where we were meant to really push on, but in the end have stood still

It's not so much the fee (definitely the player though). It's more that it's such a blatant last-minute-panic-signing. We've heard so much about how Poch values character and he doesn't want to unsettle the dressing room, which is why he passed on Boufal, for then to sign Moussa Sissoko. This guy is the most toxic cunt in the universe, his treatment of Everton in this saga says enough about his character for me. Shambolic window where we were meant to really push on, but in the end have stood still

Re last minute signing - I don't think we ever thought we'd shift players like Chadli and Mason for the fees we wanted, if we hadn't then no incoming signing.

Re treatment of Everton - you've just seen a transfer progress at lightning speed under the glare of the SSN full focus.......what happened to Everton is what happens in a large proportion of transfers, really nothing unusual about a club or player 'double running' deals.

Re Boufal - maybe we just didn't want him?

I'm sure he will have positive moments for us and he's shown snippets of brilliance in the PL. but the £30m is still obscene in my view, as is the general point that fans spend so much hard earned money on everything to do with football and yet it is splashed about by clubs in an almost gluttonous manner.

I agree, but look at some of the other transfer fees, it's an obscene amount of money. I was watching the news last night about a paramedic who has an agressive form of skin cancer, she is having to fund raise 45k to get the treatment that the NHS can not afford

There is something wrong with society when over a billion pounds can be splashed about on mediocre footballers when our health service can not afford medicine to try to save a human life

And all the times fans are fleeced left, right and centre. It's big business now and I do hope the bubble pops soon and the true sport is allowed to flourish again.

Poch is too sensible, he ended the previous bad attitudes and cliques and has binned them off over the last 2 seasons, he is hardly likely to allow this into the squad with his signings

There's also the issue of wages.

Sissoko is probably £50k a week tops. Our other 'targets' like Isco and Max Meyer are going to be in the £100-£150k a week bracket.

Over the usual spurs 5 year deals, that's a difference of up to £26m.

Very good point, Dembele was one of our inconsistent players prior to Poch.

Also see his turnaround of Dier, Arguably Rose and Walker, making Vertongen up his game by partnering him with Alderweirald.

Everyone is basing their knowledge (and fairly) of him at Newcastle, but thats also limiting as we saw what he can do at the Euros when he wants to play.
I know thats a bad attitude regarding Newcastle and I am slightly skeptical of him as a person as well but he was arguably better than Pogba in that French team so I am also fucking excited too.

Is he definitely going to play CM do we reckon?

Or is his versatility gonna dictate that he plays in different positions as and when it's needed?

Dembele's suspension is nearly up so I think (hope) he won't be needed there an awful lot.
Last season we saw Dembele cannot perform in 2 matches a week. Therefore I think he will play every week we play twice.

He is French and therefore would he really be a proper supporter of an English team but just want a team with French players in it to do well? When I was young and used to look at the Scottish Football results every Saturday, I wanted one particular team to win the league. I was hardly a supporter though. His recent comments came when he thought the Scum were interested and he wanted to encourage them to buy him.
As I posted on the transfer thread, he was man of the Match against us last April in a match that was meaningless to Newcastle.
For £9m extra we have him instead of Chadli & Mason. We did need someone extra and with all the comments I cannot help but have reservations but you do not get 44 caps for France if you do not try.

Hi guys Everton fan here,Just want to say a massive thank you for helping us dodge a massive bullet with this one. Us Blues are seriously underwhelmed and pissed off with our transfer deadline day too,we were hoping to get a new striker in and Kone from Sunderland,and we ended up with Enner Valencia(Who at least is just on loan so we get to try before we buy) and were linked with this tool looking nailed on. Really feel for you lot,Sissoko is all thats wrong with football teams nowadays,pure mercenary who plays if he feels like it. He even turned his phone off when travelling to the spurs medical because Koeman was ringing to see where he was,not even had the decency to explain he`d changed his mind over the phone. Anyways best of luck for the new season(Sincerely meant) and gutted you guys got Vincent Jannsen was hoping we would :).

Back
Top Bottom