Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

During the 2015–16 season, Sissoko was made captain for the final six games of the season, and in his first game as captain on 16 April 2016, he scored his one and only goal of the campaign in a 3-0 home victory against Swansea City.[52] This sparked a six game unbeaten run in Newcastle's relegation battle, which included credible draws against Liverpool and Manchester City, and a final day 5-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur.[53] Despite this, Newcastle were unable to escape the drop zone and were relegated to the Championship.

Not a complete round up of his displays but shows a glimmer of what Benitez saw in him. Obviously hated by the Newcastle players, toxic presence in the dressing room etc. I understand not rating a player that's blatantly going to leave you but to completely deny him of any talent like 99% of the Newcastle fans on twitter is a bit daft. I'm slightly clutching at wikipedia shaped straws.:pocheyes:

During the 2015–16 season, Sissoko was made captain for the final six games of the season, and in his first game as captain on 16 April 2016, he scored his one and only goal of the campaign in a 3-0 home victory against Swansea City.[52] This sparked a six game unbeaten run in Newcastle's relegation battle, which included credible draws against Liverpool and Manchester City, and a final day 5-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur.[53] Despite this, Newcastle were unable to escape the drop zone and were relegated to the Championship.

Not a complete round up of his displays but shows a glimmer of what Benitez saw in him. Obviously hated by the Newcastle players, toxic presence in the dressing room etc. I understand not rating a player that's blatantly going to leave you but to completely deny him of any talent like 99% of the Newcastle fans on twitter is a bit daft. I'm slightly clutching at wikipedia shaped straws.:pocheyes:
Funnily enough. Benitez is the only manager he's played under who's remotely good and he looked good under him. I'd be lazy too if my managers were John Carver and Steve McClaren.

You don't think Poch will know of the 'lazy' tag? He's turned many careers around and made superstars out of nothing. I'm happy.

Well fuck me sideways, I just don't understand Levy. We've had all window to reinforce midfield and somehow we end up going balls deep, and I mean right up there till the pubes meet back up round the shaft, balls fucking deep... For Moussa Sissoko?

I'll never fathom being a Spurs fan, I've had mushroom trips that made more sense than what I've seen today.

Anyway, fuck it, welcome Moussa, I guess. Has anyone explained to him what a Nemesis is yet?

Edit... For you smooth skin types thinking "what's he mean "hair on the shaft"?" trust me that's deep.

Last edited:
I try hard to look for positives, whilst I struggle to find any on the player, I can comfort myself with the knowledge that Poch is the best coach I have seen at Spurs, he really does make players better. If he can sort this bloke out then he should get a knighthood. Also it just so happens our Captain is also the Captain of France, he can't hide. He has to be on point 24/7 failure to toe the line will result in him loosening a place in the French squad. (Lloris & Dechaump are tight).

Last edited:
Given how much money we put in to the club, through over priced tickets, merchandise, and satellite subscriptions, seeing it end up in a place where we're paying £30m for a relegated trouble maker with bad attitude who loved Woolwich, it kinda feels a bit... errr... fucking shite?

I'm not exactly a fan but still amazed we signed someone today. I had 0% hope of anything interesting happening for Spurs on deadline day ever again. We did need the extra bodies, let's hope he is not a waste of money.

Leaving the gooner stuff aside for a moment...

I'll admit I very rarely watch live football on TV. I go to most our games, and don't watch any other team (don't have sky TV). So maybe I'm not best placed to judge. But whenever I've seen Sissoko, against us or on MOTD or most recently in the euros, he's looked fucking quality. So even if he has bad days or a poor attitude, I firmly think Poch will get the best out of him, and the best is very fucking good. I'm delighted that Levy has finally backed us in a transfer window.

I try hard to look for positives, whilst I struggle to find any on the player, I can comfort myself with the knowledge that Poch is the best coach I have seen at Spurs, he really does make players better. If he can sort this bloke out then he should get a knighthood. Also it just so happens our Captain is also the Captain of France, he can't hide. He has to be on point 24/7 failure to toe the line will result in him loosening a place in the French squad. (Lloris & declaim are tight).

Good point regarding Lloris, I'm sure he would have had input into poch's decision making.

Leaving the gooner stuff aside for a moment...

I'll admit I very rarely watch live football on TV. I go to most our games, and don't watch any other team (don't have sky TV). So maybe I'm not best placed to judge. But whenever I've seen Sissoko, against us or on MOTD or most recently in the euros, he's looked fucking quality. So even if he has bad days or a poor attitude, I firmly think Poch will get the best out of him, and the best is very fucking good. I'm delighted that Levy has finally backed us in a transfer window.
VDV was backing us. This signing is taking the piss. It's a huge gamble on a player who is very inconsistent, often can't be arsed, got relegated, and who's attitude often stinks. I love your optimism, but this is one if the most depressing transactions we've done, as it shows how much our money - as fans, supporters, subscribers - is treated like shit.

Good point regarding Lloris, I'm sure he would have had input into poch's decision making.
Not sure if he has influence with Poch, they are clearly on the same page though. But he does with Dechaumps, heard he didn't want Nasri (if you couldn't love him any more) and wanted him out the squad. Just hope Sissoko feels eyes are on him.

VDV was backing us. This signing is taking the piss. It's a huge gamble on a player who is very inconsistent, often can't be arsed, got relegated, and who's attitude often stinks. I love your optimism, but this is one if the most depressing transactions we've done, as it shows how much our money - as fans, supporters, subscribers - is treated like shit.

While i feel his attitude is worrying, i dont think its quite the gamble that soldado, paulinho, lamela or even son was. He has put in performances in the premier league that have earned him comparisons to toure. His performances in the euros were spot on and had people saying he was worth more than pogba and he fills a role that only demble can seem to fill for us at the moment.

Never thought we'd get him and at the quoted fee it loosely much, but, if like Dembele he let's Poch improve him we may have a beast on our hands.

Still slightly iffy about this one though, he must fully buy into Poch's plans if he is to succeed which I think he will

What was Sissoko like in the Euro 2016 final, I hear you say...

To the music from a low budget japanese Mega Drive action game, I hear?

Well, look no further

Wait, so he's taking the number 17 shirt...

3o6Zt3Y9yqtrW94sh2.gif

While i feel his attitude is worrying, i dont think its quite the gamble that soldado, paulinho, lamela or even son was. He has put in performances in the premier league that have earned him comparisons to toure. His performances in the euros were spot on and had people saying he was worth more than pogba and he fills a role that only demble can seem to fill for us at the moment.
Sorry, has anyone suggested that Man Utd should have bought Sissy instead of Pogba? No. And Lamela, Soldado and Son were all helping their clubs to be successful, both domestically and in Europe. £30m for this guy is an absolute joke.

Back
Top Bottom