Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wait, so he's taking the number 17 shirt...

3o6Zt3Y9yqtrW94sh2.gif

or 6

I remember trying to defend Adebayor on here years ago, it was an up hill battle, I am not doing it anymore. If Sissoko turns out to be a flop it is purely that clown levy's fault, no one elses. Paul Mitchell should be scouting and targeting players, not poch or even levy. Sorry not sorry.

We haven't purchased someone to be better than Dembele but as cover. Someone who as the above shows created more chances than many 'exceptional' players in the League last season, albeit in a very poor team (although 40 of those chances may have come against us in THAT game).

Do I think he's a mercenary? Yes.

Since been in England, he's been managed by Pardew, Carver, McClaren - given a reach coach he might well perform at a much higher level than we've generally seen with Newcastle.

He's been picked for France routinely for players who are viewed in a more favourable light.

He's got talent, pace, power - as cover for Dembele he could prove VERY useful. After giving some thought to some of the stuff posted earlier when are interest was first revealed I'm actually really pleased this one went through.

Is he definitely going to play CM do we reckon?

Or is his versatility gonna dictate that he plays in different positions as and when it's needed?

Dembele's suspension is nearly up so I think (hope) he won't be needed there an awful lot.

2015/16: Dier, Dembele, Carroll, Mason, Bentaleb
2016/17: Dier, Dembele, Wanyama, Sissoko, Winks.

That's progress. Not only progress but looks like a strong powerful midfield group. I'm happy enough with that.

£30m for Sissoko?

How did Newcastle manage to squeeze that much out of us for a wantaway with terrible attitude and inconsistent performances?

And after all these years of penny pinching, we go big to sign Moussa fucking Sissoko?

Seems like a terrible transfer on paper. Hopefully Poch knows what he's doing with him. Otherwise, all the shipping out of runts like Ade and Bentaleb, will come back even worse here. £30m player. Record signing. Fuck, we better know what we're doing here.

Is he definitely going to play CM do we reckon?

Or is his versatility gonna dictate that he plays in different positions as and when it's needed?

Dembele's suspension is nearly up so I think (hope) he won't be needed there an awful lot.
I think that's why Poch is so interested in him. If we play him out wide, he can really press the wing unlike someone like Eriksen. He offers us another option in the middle too and can actually drive forward and force defenders to move out of position which has been a huge problem without Dembele.

30m for him is crazy. That said, I feel if any player could replace what Dembele does, it could be him. He's as big/fast/powerful as Dembele is. I think he isn't as good in possession as Dembele, but he offers more attacking and end product than Dembele. I see him playing both CM and AM. I would never trust him to not ruin our squad with his attitude, yet Poch who kicked out Adebayor, Kaboul, and Capoue feels he can take a 30m gamble with his attitude, and I trust Poch. I'm weary of the amount of money, but excited about him.

We haven't purchased someone to be better than Dembele but as cover. Someone who as the above shows created more chances than many 'exceptional' players in the League last season, albeit in a very poor team (although 40 of those chances may have come against us in THAT game).

Do I think he's a mercenary? Yes.

Since been in England, he's been managed by Pardew, Carver, McClaren - given a reach coach he might well perform at a much higher level than we've generally seen with Newcastle.

He's been picked for France routinely for players who are viewed in a more favourable light.

He's got talent, pace, power - as cover for Dembele he could prove VERY useful. After giving some thought to some of the stuff posted earlier when are interest was first revealed I'm actually really pleased this one went through.

"Mercenary" seems a bit harsh. He's a professional, just like most other players.

EDIT: 30 million for a backup is fucking bonkers though

...hopefully can start the important matches at right AM instead of Lamela...
COYS
lol no
post-30159-Eli-Manning-deal-with-it-gif-I-uotE.gif

He's completely unplayable on his day, it's just that thus far his 'on' days are few and far between. If Poch can get consistent performances out of him, like he has done with Dembele, Lamela etc then this could prove to be a very good transfer. If not, then it could be an absolute disaster.

I know a lot has been said about his perceived attitude problems, but I would be absolutely staggered if Poch and Levy hadn't had extensive discussions with Hugo about his dressing room presence. If Hugo had have spoken poorly of him then I doubt Poch would have been interested. It could also be important for Sissoko as well as he seems to have a lot of respect for Hugo, so I can only imagine that having his international captain in the dressing room will help him settle and mean he's committed.

One thing I will say about some of the reaction around here and from other Spurs fans on social media: It seems a little hypocritical to whinge about Levy penny pinching and not backing the manger through the window, and particularly deadline day, and then complain when he shells out 30m on a player that Pochettino clearly wants and leaving us with a negative net spend (for the first time in how long?). I don't think you can have it both ways.

Fair play to Levy for backing his manager and shelling out the cash for the player he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom