Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Winks probably deserves a whole lot more credit.

Just watch the games outside of Sissokos marauding runs and occasional interception and slide tackle. Winks is exposed every single week in midfield. Sissoko has been MUCH better than his previous 2 seasons but to be honest, he's also shown us this season that hes' still not a central midfielder worthy enough of starting for a team wanting to win anything.

What he HAS shown though is that he probably does deserve a place in this squad and I am so glad he's been able to turn it round.

People can argue we are where we are because of Sissokos upturn in form. But I could probably argue that we are also not higher because Sissoko has been one of our central midfield options for so long.

I think Winks probably deserves a whole lot more credit.

Just watch the games outside of Sissokos marauding runs and occasional interception and slide tackle. Winks is exposed every single week in midfield. Sissoko has been MUCH better than his previous 2 seasons but to be honest, he's also shown us this season that hes' still not a central midfielder worthy enough of starting for a team wanting to win anything.

What he HAS shown though is that he probably does deserve a place in this squad and I am so glad he's been able to turn it round.

People can argue we are where we are because of Sissokos upturn in form. But I could probably argue that we are also not higher because Sissoko has been one of our central midfield options for so long.
I agree that having a strong partner next to him is definitely a factor in Sissoko's upswing.

He's not the man we should build our midfield around. But with the right partner he can definitely a piece of it. Either as a starter or coming off the bench.

I agree that having a strong partner next to him is definitely a factor in Sissoko's upswing.

He's not the man we should build our midfield around. But with the right partner he can definitely a piece of it. Either as a starter or coming off the bench.

More than fine with Sissoko playing in a midfield 3 with a holding midfielder and a ball player alongside him for the cup games.

How nice of Dortmund to dedicate their tifo to him
3vg9766xndk21.jpg

He’s not the most technically gifted but his physicality, work rate and desire has been fantastic this entire season.
I think the most impressive thing is his decision making and vision. They aren't easily trained, so maybe it was psychological/nerves, but either way he's sorted it out and now doesn't seem like a waste of £30m.

Of course I am.....we´ll probably need to replace Eriksen and Toby this summer as it is.

Not needing to replace Sissoko is brilliant as far as Im concerned. He´s stepped up, and is a key player, whats not to enjoy.
Some people get off on rumours and turmoil, thats their problem

Back
Top Bottom