Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More singing, more love! We are Spurs and we get behind our players unlike shitstain clubs (woolwich/spammers)

Wake me up! Before you go, go...

Just look at any time the dude posts anything on social media there is a minimum of 10-15 people going "go away" or something similar.

The level of abuse the guy gets is silly now
I think that's just the world of Social Media today, I simply don't get it. All over the World the cowards have been given a voice for the first time in their lives and for the first time in their lives cowards can unite with each other to give themselves the self esteem they don't have, until they walk out of the front door.

Last edited:
I would say he isn't this bad. I'd say he's fairly consistent. The entire fanbase has confirmation bias, the moment he miss-controls a ball in a game then he's shit and therefore justified in calling him shit, the fact 40k fans are also saying it, means they are all right and a further 20k jump on board the bandwagon. Kane will miss control a ball twice in a match but is a god.

And no, I'm not comparing the two and no, I'm not saying Sissoko is a top quality player, just not as bad as people still maintain (just checkout literally every time he's named in the starting eleven on Twitter, the only response will be thousands of confused face gifs with his name hash tagged). The weekend was his best game for us, but there have been many times this season his performances has been close to that of the weekend and when he's come on as sub he has rarely put a foot wrong, not scintillated but just gone about his job he's been asked to perform.

So, to put the consistency theory to the test, list the poor games he's played for us this season (could extend this further but memory can't go back that far). Whilst you will not pick out MOTM performances I bet you will find a calamitous one either, ergo he's consistent.
In fact is he quite consistent doing things he can do such as forceful runs , winning 50 50s , and quite consistent failing in things that he is not good at , such as assisting or scoring

In fact is he quite consistent doing things he can do such as forceful runs , winning 50 50s , and quite consistent failing in things that he is not good at , such as assisting or scoring
And there is an example of confirmation bias, he as assisted (I hate this stat) 2 goals this season, he's actually been involved in the build-up/creating/crafting of many more goals.

Seeing as he has been largely played as a DM this year let's see how well (if stats is your preference to measure a player - not mine) with those other players who play at DM:
Winks - 1 assist 0 goals
Dier - 2 assists 0 goals
Dembele - 0 assists 0 goals
Wanyama - 0 assists 1 goal
Sissoko - 2 assists 2 goals

By your metric it makes him our best DM (I'm not saying he is).
:sonhmm:

And there is an example of confirmation bias, he as assisted (I hate this stat) 2 goals this season, he's actually been involved in the build-up/creating/crafting of many more goals.

Seeing as he has been largely played as a DM this year let's see how well (if stats is your preference to measure a player - not mine) with those other players who play at DM:
Winks - 1 assist 0 goals
Dier - 2 assists 0 goals

Sissoko has 5 assists and 2 goals in all comps. Not too shabby

I don't get it, how there seem to be many 'fans' who actually want to see him play badly just to confirm their prejudices. The same with Lamela, and Trippier. When any member of our squad pulls the jersey on, he gets my full support, and I want to see the best possible perform he can give. Not hope for a fuck up so the finger pointing and "I told you so's" can begin.

I don't dislike him, he's a Spurs player and works hard.

I just think it seems to us that we have better options....

Probably one of those things as to how Fellini somehow gets games

I don't get it, how there seem to be many 'fans' who actually want to see him play badly just to confirm their prejudices. The same with Lamela, and Trippier. When any member of our squad pulls the jersey on, he gets my full support, and I want to see the best possible perform he can give. Not hope for a fuck up so the finger pointing and "I told you so's" can begin.
There seems to be a fair few fans that have forgotten that we are not here for the players, but the shirt they play in

Turns out he can do this:

hydwg

div>

Winks - 1 assist 0 goals
Dier - 2 assists 0 goals

So why make the comparison, you know damn well he isn't. He's an ok back up player and has some strengths, but would never be first string unless something massive happens to him, in terms of playing standards.
I'm all for sticking up for players wearing the shirt, but he ain't a key member of the squad.

So why make the comparison, you know damn well he isn't. He's an ok back up player and has some strengths, but would never be first string unless something massive happens to him, in terms of playing standards.
I'm all for sticking up for players wearing the shirt, but he ain't a key member of the squad.
Hhhmmmmm "He's not a key member of the squad"...................
He's the joint 3rd highest played player this season in terms of appearances made. He's made 36 appearances for us, level with Kane. Only Son (39), Dele (37), Eriksen (37), Dier (37) have made more appearances.
1st Son = (28 starts+11sub)
2nd Dele = (32+5); Eriksen (32+2); Dier (35+2)
3rd Kane = (34+2); Sissoko (21+15)
4th Vertonghen (35)
5th Hugo = (32)
6th Sanchez = (28+1)
7th Dembele = (20+10)
8th Davies = (25+4)
9th Tripps = (23+2)
10th Aurier = (19+1)
11th Winks = (17+7)
12th Rose = (10+1)
13th Lamela = (6+13)
14th Toby = (17)

Hhhmmmmm "He's not a key member of the squad"...................
He's the joint 3rd highest played player this season in terms of appearances made. He's made 36 appearances for us, level with Kane. Only Son (39), Dele (37), Eriksen (37), Dier (37) have made more appearances.
1st Son = (28 starts+11sub)
2nd Dele = (32+5); Eriksen (32+2); Dier (35+2)
3rd Kane = (34+2); Sissoko (21+15)
4th Vertonghen (35)
5th Hugo = (32)
6th Sanchez = (28+1)
7th Dembele = (20+10)
8th Davies = (25+4)
9th Tripps = (23+2)
10th Aurier = (19+1)
11th Winks = (17+7)
12th Rose = (10+1)
13th Lamela = (6+13)
14th Toby = (17)
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.
I didn't say he was useless. He's just not a first choice player. If Winks was hitting the form of last season, those numbers would drop a long way. IMHO

No, you said he wasn't a key member. He clearly is.
OK
to me - not being first choice pick = not being a key member of the team

if anything is clear, its that he is a useful substitute and gap filler, but he is not a first pick.
I'm surprised at you TBH, I didn't see you as someone who would try and play the numbers game to make a point.

OK
to me - not being first choice pick = not being a key member of the team

if anything is clear, its that he is a useful substitute and gap filler, but he is not a first pick.
I'm surprised at you TBH, I didn't see you as someone who would try and play the numbers game to make a point.
He has started more games than Dembele, are you saying Dembele isn't a key member of the team?

Back
Top Bottom